Official Trade Rumors Thread

mafra

Legend
According to Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN, Kristaps Porzingis has emerged as a "primary target" for Cleveland as they consider possible trade scenarios involving Kyrie Irving.

Wojnarowski notes the Knicks are not currently interested and would only consider such a trade if the Cavs were also willing to take back Joakim Noah's contract. However, Woj does state that New York may consider moving KP at some point if the relationship between Porzingis and the team doesn't improve. "There continues to be distance between Porzingis and the organization, and how the Knicks truly value Porzingis' future could become clearer once they're together to begin the season," writes Wojnarowski.

----/

mafra

Legend
Kyrie Irving - G - Cavaliers
The Celtics have expressed interest in Kyrie Irving but have not yet made a formal offer, according to Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN.
The Cavs are determined to get back a young, promising player in any potential Irving trade, as they are unsure if LeBron James will re-sign next summer. The Celtic they are reportedly keen on is Jayson Tatum. Boston certainly has the assets to make a very tempting offer, but the fact that the two teams are likely to again meet in the Eastern Conference Finals complicates the situation. Wojnarowski believes the Cavs may wait until September before engaging in "aggressive conversations."

mafra

Legend
I wonder if I would do KP, Noah and ... for KI, Thompson and a 1st.

Getting 3 years of KP for 2 of KI is why I want the 1st;

But, dumping Noah, sliding WHG to PF and having TT as the rim protector.... With a backcourt of THJr and KI.... then have Melo at SF (or MB).... not bad.

mafra

Legend
The Cavaliers also have interest in acquiring Jayson Tatum of the Celtics, Josh Jackson of the Suns, and Jamal Murray of the Nuggets in exchange for Irving, accordrding to Wojnarowski.

-----

Of course, unless NYK gets a sweet deal.... they can just wait 2 years and sign a 27-yr-old Irving, bringing him to NY at no cost (as it relates to assets).

Cavs can demand whatever blue chip return they want for Irving. The more you dig into Irving and what he brings to your team's bottom line (i.e., wins), the less he seems like he is worth the price tag.

No one knows what KP might become in this league. Even if you don't like his game, you can see his ceiling is as high as any young player in the league. Our franchise gives him up now, we deserve what we get.

mafra

Legend
I agree. I think you let KI know the light is on and door's open. See you in 2 years. If you want to return home.... then just sign with us as a free agent.

mafra

Legend
The Knicks, so far, have dismissed any conversations that include Porzingis in a trade with Cleveland, according to ESPN, but league executives reportedly are wondering if the Knicks will blink with a star like Irving ? or a star of his caliber ? available.

?I got a phone call, and the voice on the other end of that phone call is a trustworthy person,? ESPN?s Pablo Torre said in late July. ?And he was saying to me that Kyrie Irving very badly wants to be a New York Knick. Kyrie Irving wants to come home.?

(NY Post)

mafra

Legend
Celtics and Cavs have engaged in active trade discussions centered on Kyrie Irving and Isaiah Thomas, according to Shams Charania of The Verticle.
With a treasure trove of draft picks, Boston can probably offer Cleveland the most attractive package in any deal for Irving, and Thomas would fit in nicely in the Cavs' system. Irving might see some more shot opportunities in Boston, but it likely wouldn't be a dramatic uptick in usage with Al Horford and Gordon Hayward also needing the rock. Still, he should still be able to work at a top-25 evaluation as a member of the Celtics. As for Thomas, it wouldn't be the best landing spot as he'd be battling with Derrick Rose for minutes.

Celtics and Cavs have engaged in active trade discussions centered on Kyrie Irving and Isaiah Thomas, according to Shams Charania of The Verticle.
With a treasure trove of draft picks, Boston can probably offer Cleveland the most attractive package in any deal for Irving, and Thomas would fit in nicely in the Cavs' system. Irving might see some more shot opportunities in Boston, but it likely wouldn't be a dramatic uptick in usage with Al Horford and Gordon Hayward also needing the rock. Still, he should still be able to work at a top-25 evaluation as a member of the Celtics. As for Thomas, it wouldn't be the best landing spot as he'd be battling with Derrick Rose for minutes.

I hate this potential trade if I'm a Celtic fan. Thomas has been the core of this team and you're going to give up picks to swap him for Irving, who may not actually be a significant upgrade.

Broadway

All Star
I think Boston might be better, I don't see how Cleveland is going to satisfy Lebron/IT/Rose/Love/Smith/Crowder/Korver with 1 ball. Too much of an odd mix.

Meanwhile I think Kyrie is a great fit for Boston and allows for their kids to grow more/a lot...(Tatum/Brown/Rozier/Smart). Their games against each other this season are going to be NUCLEAR.

If I'm Cleveland, I'm ecstatic getting All-Star PG Thomas plus Crowder plus what very well could be the number one overall pick in 2018.

So much has changed in Boston this offseason with the additions of Irving and Hayward. Maybe they'll be the number one seed in the East again or maybe it will take them most of the season to figure out how to play together.

Broadway

All Star
If I'm Cleveland, I'm ecstatic getting All-Star PG Thomas plus Crowder plus what very well could be the number one overall pick in 2018.

So much has changed in Boston this offseason with the additions of Irving and Hayward. Maybe they'll be the number one seed in the East again or maybe it will take them most of the season to figure out how to play together.

IT wants a Max Deal, he's repeated over and over(BACK THE BRINKS TRUCK UP) and since he'll be playing for a contender still that won't change. Good luck there Cleveland with all those financial woes. Cleveland got good value but they didn't get anything to resolve issues other than if Lebron leaves they have a solid pick.

Derrick Rose and IT are truly the worst defending guards in the league and you can't play them together yet they both need the ball flanking Lebron?

tiger0330

Legend
I've been saying I felt the Celts should trade IT was his value was high.
About as good a deal the Cavs could have gotten for a disenchanted Kyrie I think. I like the trade for both teams. Maybe this even affects Lebrons decision about leaving the Cavs.

mafra

Legend
I've been saying I felt the Celts should trade IT was his value was high.
About as good a deal the Cavs could have gotten for a disenchanted Kyrie I think. I like the trade for both teams. Maybe this even affects Lebrons decision about leaving the Cavs.

Great trade for both teams. Well, BOS needs to sign KI to the extension...

But CLe is better today with addition of Crowder.... IT offsets KI's penchant to help LJ score in 4th.... but Crowder's defense is invaluable.... especially when time comes to defend GSW. Then, to get top pick in next year's draft and prepare for life post LJ.... A real steal!

BOS will rue the day they made this deal if they don't Re-sign KI. If they do keep KI, wow.... Brown and Tatum and GH and KI.... boom!

mafra

Legend
BOS lost Amir Johnson, Avery Bradley, Jae Crowder and Jereko.... that's a lot of defense that walked out that door.

CoolClyde

i breathed a sigh of relief that Knicks mgmt didnt give up half the team, Porzingis, and/or picks for 2 years of Kyrie. if/when LeBron leaves after a year, Cleveland's going back down the toilet, even with Nyet's pick. Boston's gonna be the team to beat in the east; hopefully Knicks Ntikiller defense will find a way to shut them down. haha.

Broadway

All Star
Great trade for both teams. Well, BOS needs to sign KI to the extension...

But CLe is better today with addition of Crowder.... IT offsets KI's penchant to help LJ score in 4th.... but Crowder's defense is invaluable.... especially when time comes to defend GSW. Then, to get top pick in next year's draft and prepare for life post LJ.... A real steal!

BOS will rue the day they made this deal if they don't Re-sign KI. If they do keep KI, wow.... Brown and Tatum and GH and KI.... boom!

So Boston has to worry about KI 2yrs from now but Cleveland doesn't have to worry about IT next summer? Couldn't Boston trade Kyrie again especially if they beat Cleveland or remain the #2 threat? What if Lebron leaves and Cleveland doesn't give IT Max Money wouldn't Boston have the clear lane to a chip then?