Official Trade Rumors Thread

The Dragon

Benchwarmer
Do we want to Kyrie to be our franchise player? do we want somebody who will want out at the first bad situation .... and as Knicks we have a lot of these......
Maybe there are no loyal franchise players anymore these days?!

9 teams have room to sign a max free agent this off-season.

Besides the Lakers, the rest of the teams on that list are not known for attracting star free agents.

Bulls have gotten some impact guys in free agency over the years, but not stars in their prime as far as I can remember. Knicks and Clippers have struck out big over and over. Brooklyn is a wild card, but certainly no history of attracting big free agents. Rest of those teams don?t even seem like teams where star free agents would even want a meeting.

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
Besides the Lakers, the rest of the teams on that list are not known for attracting star free agents.

Bulls have gotten some impact guys in free agency over the years, but not stars in their prime as far as I can remember. Knicks and Clippers have struck out big over and over. Brooklyn is a wild card, but certainly no history of attracting big free agents. Rest of those teams don’t even seem like teams where star free agents would even want a meeting.
TOR isn't on this list but they can sign Kawhi for more than anyone with cap space. Clips are also in a position to make a genorous offer to Tobias Harris and sign Kawhi if he's willing to forgo the additional year the Raps can give him, wouldn't put it past him to do that to go home to CA since he spurned the super max the Spurs might have given him.

Last edited:

Broadway

All Star

Bulls have gotten some impact guys in free agency over the years, but not stars in their prime as far as I can remember. Knicks and Clippers have struck out big over and over. Brooklyn is a wild card, but certainly no history of attracting big free agents. Rest of those teams don?t even seem like teams where star free agents would even want a meeting.

We?re not known for attracting them either, when looking at how things have gone down since 2010. We might get one this summer but I doubt it?s KD,Kylie,AD

Last edited:
We?re not known for attracting them either, when looking at how things have gone down since 2010. We might get one this summer but I doubt it?s KD,Kylie,AD

Yeah, that?s what I was saying how the Knicks and Clippers have swung and missed big a bunch of times. I think all eyes will be on who ends up with the Lakers. If it is AD through trade, then that leaves a bunch of big time free agents deciding between staying on their current team or going with another team on that list that historically is not a big FA draw.

Kiyaman

Legend
Wow! The 6 seeded (28-25) Brooklyn Nets - $30.3M .... may hit on 1 or 2 Star FA in the offseason to bring to Barkley Center.
Especially if Nets coach Kenny Atkinson get the Nets past the first-round in the post season games ....
The surprise Brooklyn Nets rotation could use a stretch-4 FA AD at the PF spot for 30 min, a long side 2nd season center Jarrett Allen to step the Nets performance up to the level of ECF contenders.

Kiyaman

Legend
The Lakers veteran trio Lebron/Rondo/and Lance are doing a great job at developing the Lakers young-core players Ball/Kuzma/Hart/Ingram/Zubac on how to win the next game.
The performance of the Lakers 2nd season players Ball and Kuzma has been improving throughout the season to become a pair of future deadly crunch-time players.
The Lakers offering Ball and Kuzma plus a future 1st pick for AD .... Yep .. not many teams could match that offer for AD !!!

Broadway

All Star
Pels are leaking

There's a reason this is being made public oh and lest we forget as Woj points out #kporzee's trade deal sets somewhat the parameters for Davis which will prove to be richer. Currently they feel offers are laughable as there have been a few variations of similar involving Ingram in others

Pels are smart to leak as this will take a toll on some of the Laker players

lol this didn't take long, like clock work

Now the Pelicans can torment the Lakers for a whole yr if they want. And nice job Lebron conveniently sitting out against the Warriors tonight instead of showing leadership when the team needs you most

Instead you jump on Twitter moments after the game to show support for Mike Malone being named coach of a "meaningless" All-Star. Talk about see through agenda here trying to get another coach fired...he and his fans should be ashamed

Last edited:

Paul1355

All Star
The Lakers veteran trio Lebron/Rondo/and Lance are doing a great job at developing the Lakers young-core players Ball/Kuzma/Hart/Ingram/Zubac on how to win the next game.
The performance of the Lakers 2nd season players Ball and Kuzma has been improving throughout the season to become a pair of future deadly crunch-time players.
The Lakers offering Ball and Kuzma plus a future 1st pick for AD .... Yep .. not many teams could match that offer for AD !!!

The only offer from the lakers that is remotely worth pulling a trigger on is what Nick Wright from espn suggested (Ball, Kuzma, Ingram, Zubac, and 2 first round picks) and the lakers keep Ketavious Caldwell pope off the table so they get cap space from his expiring deal.

The pelicans should accept this deal, but nothing less as you know dealing AD will set your franchise back years. You need to basically build a strong depth and future picks or else they will just wait for Boston to offer Taytum, brown, Rozier and multiple picks after the season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paul1355

All Star
So what moves can the Knicks make at the deadline? The Anthony Davis sweepstakes is all but out of the question now, and there isn't much salary left to shed.

They now have a bit of an awkward situation at point guard however, with a big twist on the mini-rivalry of Frank Ntilikina and Smith Jr. The two were selected one after the other, and have been the subjects of major debate among fans and even LeBron James. It's possible head coach David Fizdale is privy to the idea of them competing against one another for the starting job and playing time, but given his lack of confidence in Ntilikina, a trade could be in the works.

(Adam Hunger)

One option could be flipping him for the Orlando Magic's Mo Bamba, whose name has appeared in trade rumors recently. The Phoenix Suns are short a point guard for their young core, so the Knicks can try and talk them into shipping Dragan Bender or Josh Jackson.

Another direction New York can go in is flipping someone they'd have to battle the market to re-sign, such as an Emmanuel Mudiay or Noah Vonleh. Either should be able to net a pick from a competitive team looking for added depth.

Unless the Knicks have another blockbuster up their sleeve, there probably isn't much else to their trade deadline strategy. Then comes what's sure to be a slog of a final stretch of the season. During that time, the Knicks can do two things to set themselves up for the all-or-nothing grand prize of July's free agent bonanza.

First, play and develop the young guys. While giving the developing pieces burn over established veterans has been a struggle in months and years past, there are only two tenured players left on the roster, assuming Jordan and Matthews are on the way out. If not, it's a mistake, and they shouldn't take minutes from the neophytes. Get Smith Jr. the ball and let him run high pick-and-rolls with Mitchell Robinson all game long. Give Kevin Knox 40 shots a night. Allonzo Trier should be known as Iso-Zo from here on forward.

Free agents the Knicks will want to pitch should have a body of work to examine from the young core that's supposed to back them up. And if nobody of significance joins, hopefully one or many of these guys develop into an impact player.

Finally, try to avoid anything else that might scare off a Durant or Irving, for instance beefing with a tremendous young talent, and leaking his displeasure amidst a swift deal to get him out of town. Try and function quietly, professionally, even normally.

That may be too much to ask, but the Knicks have once again staked their future on a star-studded free agency class with no established talent to sell folks on. They are not short on ambition.

Theknicksblog

I believe Jordan and Matthews are serious trade/buyout candidates and league executives are hoping they are bought out as they would be more valuable on contending teams. However, I don?t if players you just acquired can be flipped so soon.

Frank has been tied to the suns the most and the magic. The suns rejected a deal for KP that involved Jackson so I don?t believe we can come close to getting him by dealing frank and his poor offensive stat sheet.

The only moves I see are buyouts of dj/Matthews, mudiay/vonleh for picks and frank as a throw in to sweeten some kind of deal

I believe Jordan and Matthews are serious trade/buyout candidates and league executives are hoping they are bought out as they would be more valuable on contending teams. However, I don?t if players you just acquired can be flipped so soon.

Frank has been tied to the suns the most and the magic. The suns rejected a deal for KP that involved Jackson so I don?t believe we can come close to getting him by dealing frank and his poor offensive stat sheet.

The only moves I see are buyouts of dj/Matthews, mudiay/vonleh for picks and frank as a throw in to sweeten some kind of deal

I think players who were just traded can immediately be traded again. There are rules about teams reacquiring players they just traded away I think, but otherwise we should be okay to immediately move DJ or Matthews. Only problem is we are going to need to move them without taking any salary back past this season.

Paul1355

All Star
I think players who were just traded can immediately be traded again. There are rules about teams reacquiring players they just traded away I think, but otherwise we should be okay to immediately move DJ or Matthews. Only problem is we are going to need to move them without taking any salary back past this season.

Then that?s good to know as these guys do have value and maybe we can get something back such as a pick or young player with more upside.

I forgot to add that Kanter will either be waived or just remain benched until the end of the season. Being that Kanter hasn?t been the happiest camper, he might just agree to a buyout before March 1 deadline to be playoff eligible.

Broadway

All Star
According to Zach Lowe Knicks tried to move Courtney Lee to the Jazz for Alex Burks but the Jazz said no it would require a pick.

I always figured Lee didn't have any value in this league and it was always going to be whatever it was whether we played him or not. I said we'd be lucky to get a 2nd round pick for him and that's from a team who would've coveted him(Pistons). We almost got, got trying to be cute holding out hope he was going to be bring value, luckily the Mavs coveted #kporzee as much as they did to allow us to throw him in the deal.

Also anyone find it interesting Mavs didn't ask for Knits according to reports I'm hearing but instead requested Burke in the deal?

mafra

Legend
According to Zach Lowe Knicks tried to move Courtney Lee to the Jazz for Alex Burks but the Jazz said no it would require a pick.

I always figured Lee didn't have any value in this league and it was always going to be whatever it was whether we played him or not. I said we'd be lucky to get a 2nd round pick for him and that's from a team who would've coveted him(Pistons). We almost got, got trying to be cute holding out hope he was going to be bring value, luckily the Mavs coveted #kporzee as much as they did to allow us to throw him in the deal.

Also anyone find it interesting Mavs didn't ask for Knits according to reports I'm hearing but instead requested Burke in the deal?

Either they asked and were denied or didn?t even bother bc they knew the answer.... not that NY won?t consider moving Knits... just that Mavs were getting KP only if they offered us a young asset, took our bad contracts and gave us picks. We weren?t going to give them anything other than throw-ins. I?m sure they hope they can get something for Knits.

Broadway

All Star
Either they asked and were denied or didn’t even bother bc they knew the answer.... not that NY won’t consider moving Knits... just that Mavs were getting KP only if they offered us a young asset, took our bad contracts and gave us picks. We weren’t going to give them anything other than throw-ins. I’m sure they hope they can get something for Knits.

Being that Mills said they had 8 options and I quote("We were ready to move on one by the 7th due to leverage"), there's a possibility Knits was included in one of them. Remember the league is befuddled they were left on the dark on this. Appears to me they just didn't have that much interest in Knits if at all

Meanwhile how much is the TANK Brigade revving up now

We literally have to land the #1 pick otherwise we have no shot at Davis

Last edited: