Official Trade Rumors Thread

Paul1355

All Star
The Pistons have shown interest in trading for Knicks guard Tim Hardaway Jr., league sources told ESPN (June 22).
Detroit could look to deal guard Brandon Jennings, who averaged 15.4 points and 6.6 rebounds per game last season before rupturing his Achilles tendon in January.
Jennings has one year and $8.3 million left on his contract with the Pistons.
Hardaway averaged 11.5 points per game last season, switching between a starter and reserve.
For the Knicks to acquire Jennings, the team would have to use its trade exception, ESPN reports.

Hardaway Jr.?s father, Tim Sr., is an assistant coach under Stan Van Gundy in Detroit. Such interest obviously makes sense.
It would appear as though the writing is on the wall for Hardaway Jr. to be traded this summer. He was continuously criticized for his poor defensive instincts this past season, and had to really earn his keep and prove his worth just to get consistent minutes. He was underutilized throughout much of the season. When Carmelo Anthony shut it down for the season, the youngster was relied upon more, but by then, it was too late.
Hardaway Jr. isn?t exactly a player who is taylor-made for the triangle, and it shows. That?s not to say he?s a bad player, but Phil Jackson and Co. are certainly looking for players who fit a certain mold. If the Michigan product doesn?t fit, it?d be more beneficial to trade him and actually get something of value back in return. The idea of trading for Jennings is an interesting suggestion, but such a move would eat into the team?s cap space.
Perhaps such a swap would come only after New York begins to explore certain free agency options. Trading for Jennings may be considered a backup plan of sorts, if and when they fail to land another desirable piece or two. As it stands, Jackson has already said the Knicks are set at the lead guard position. This could apply to the team?s already existent floor generals, but at the same time, Jennings could certainly serve in a capacity playing off the ball and/or being a two-guard in the triangle.
It?s obvious why the Pistons are interested in Hardaway Jr., but trading for Jennings would appear to be one of the only trade scenarios that would be worth the Knicks? while. Should the team target Greg Monroe, a sign & trade wouldn?t appear necessary.

www.theknicksblog.com
Knicks should do this deal. From the Pistons persoective it's really about how much they still value Jennings. Because it's obvious that Jennings is a thousand times better than Hardaway but his injury, lowering his value, might have helped us. Plus Detroit seems strict on keeping Reggie Jackson there and that would be too many minutes at PG.

The fact that Hardaways dad is involves in the organization says a lot.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Broadway

All Star
lol well this didn't take long....we shouldn't be interested in doing such a trade no matter who attempted to leak and headhunt.

tiger0330

Legend
Okay looks like this rumor is legit legit

Still NO!
Come on Broadway that's a good trade, your pick (13) is still in the lottery and you get Bledsoe. Bledsoe was one of only 11 players last season to average over 24 points, eight assist, and two steals per 100 possessions.

Only thing is he puts a big dent in your cap space and he's not a big. Still think you have to do it, he's young and a stud.

Broadway

All Star
Come on Broadway that's a good trade, your pick (13) is still in the lottery and you get Bledsoe. Bledsoe was one of only 11 players last season to average over 24 points, eight assist, and two steals per 100 possessions.

Only thing is he puts a big dent in your cap space and he's not a big. Still think you have to do it, he's young and a stud.

Explain how he fits in the triangle if none of the current guards outside of Russell do? He's not a ball mover, he's short, he's not a great defender, he makes about $14mil/yr.

Unless we're sending Calderon(which I'm not sure that's what Phx is looking for in return) this trade is only good on paper because of Bledsoe being a known commodity.

Maybe pick #10 and a starter is doable, and a starter with a good contract. I could tolerate maybe Lawson and higher pick over this trade. It's an okay trade but doesn't move the needle enough.

And why would Phx try to move him if he's such a stud for an unproven player, especially when they just gave him a new deal?

Broadway

All Star
Didn't Divac say this wouldn't happen. Teams throw around names in trades all the time, I don't see the Kings trading Cousins for anyone the Lakers have even if they throw in Okafor at number 2.

Cousins is not being moved, but this could be have been leaked by Lakers to show their fan base they are trying their best to put a winning product on the floor.

Broadway

All Star
Okay maybe there's a chance Cousins gets moved since he supposedly has demanded a trade and now Karl wants he moved. Stay far away from anything Sacramento related. This franchise may be more toxic than any in the league.

tiger0330

Legend
Okay maybe there's a chance Cousins gets moved since he supposedly has demanded a trade and now Karl wants he moved. Stay far away from anything Sacramento related. This franchise may be more toxic than any in the league.

Well its not shocking that they would want to trade him. They're not winning and he's a head case, probably had a run in with Karl some time. Probably was in the corner shooting 3s in practice and Karl told him to never leave the paint because that's how we're going to play and Boogie ignored him and kept shooting 3s.

I mentioned a SnT for Deandre Jordan and while Cousins not the defender DJ is, he's got more skills than any big man in the game. I wonder if DJ would consider going to Sactown.

tiger0330

Legend
George Karl Eden's Snake to Boogies Adam.

CIKjbftWcAA5Dmf.png

tiger0330

Legend
Vivek has to sign off on this, but Karl may be talking Vlade into it

I'd be all over that if I was Denver and to think we thought they would take Calderon for either of those two along with getting their pick. Boogie does reunite with Malone a coach he respected so maybe.