Page 106 of 116 FirstFirst ... 567686100101102103104105106107108109110111112 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 1733
  1. #1576
    12th man
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    10,562
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    Please let this materialize as I suggested a few games ago in a Game Thread!



    Good call on Koufas/Shump B. None of them would interest the Knicks and I would think Perry is asking for a second round pick to take Zack who isn't even sitting on their bench for Kanter who would help their playoff run.

  2. #1577
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    5,061
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Kanter, Vonleh, THJR, Lee should all be available for trade


  3. #1578
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,457
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    Kanter, Vonleh, THJR, Lee should all be available for trade

    yeah, but who is going to want our trash....well maybe someone will take kanter... for his defense....

  4. #1579
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    7,392
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    DAL on verge of trading DSJ... so much for Cubanís boast they got steal of the century in the draft.

  5. #1580
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    5,061
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    DAL on verge of trading DSJ... so much for Cuban’s boast they got steal of the century in the draft.

    According to Alex Kennedy we're probably one of the teams in the mix. Citing a hoopshype article written on this that 2 of the 4 teams are confirmed(we're 1 of the 4). Appears Suns/Magic have a leg up but I hope we get in on this


    I will gladly take DSJ...twice on Sundays


    Kanter/Lee for Matthews/DSJ if they ask for Knits then expand the package a little more

  6. #1581
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    7,392
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Knicks have been scouting PG Ja Murant heavily. Currently heís mocked to go second... Makes you wonder if this impacts who and what they target in trade talks...

    I could see them trying to gobble up Parker and DSJ, which fits in with their philosophy of taking fliers on recent lottery picks.

    Knits fits in better with Doncic, as DSJ is a more ball-dominant sidekick to the Euro sensation.

    Maybe they take Lee or Timmy contract if we tossed in Franky.

    https://nypost.com/2019/01/14/on-the...amson-landing/

  7. #1582
    12th man
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    10,562
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    DAL on verge of trading DSJ... so much for Cuban’s boast they got steal of the century in the draft.
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    According to Alex Kennedy we're probably one of the teams in the mix. Citing a hoopshype article written on this that 2 of the 4 teams are confirmed(we're 1 of the 4). Appears Suns/Magic have a leg up but I hope we get in on this


    I will gladly take DSJ...twice on Sundays


    Kanter/Lee for Matthews/DSJ if they ask for Knits then expand the package a little more
    I posted Marc Steins rumor of this at Xmas. Less credible now that they lost Barrea for the season but you could see the Mavs considering it with Doncic coming on strong and DSJ having a hard time staying on the floor with injuries. He played in 69 games last season and 28 games so far this season. He's ahead of Nits right now offensively but I doubt he becomes the defender Nits is and with glimpses of improvement in Nits offensive game I'd hesitate about pulling the trigger on a DSJ for Nits swap.
    Last edited by tiger0330; Jan 15, 2019 at 06:28.

  8. #1583
    12th man
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    10,562
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    Knicks have been scouting PG Ja Murant heavily. Currently heís mocked to go second... Makes you wonder if this impacts who and what they target in trade talks...

    I could see them trying to gobble up Parker and DSJ, which fits in with their philosophy of taking fliers on recent lottery picks.

    Knits fits in better with Doncic, as DSJ is a more ball-dominant sidekick to the Euro sensation.

    Maybe they take Lee or Timmy contract if we tossed in Franky.

    https://nypost.com/2019/01/14/on-the...amson-landing/
    That guy Greenberg loves Morant more than Zion in that Post story. Too much hype about Zion, saw the FL game and Vitell went off on some full court pass he made but the guy he passed it to was wide open so anyone could have made that pass, Vitell is like that overly enthusiastic in his commentary but that's how most of the media treat Zion. I thought RJ was very impressive and the best Dukie in that game despite the game winner by Cam, don't think the Knicks can go wrong if we wind up with him instead of Zion. That YouTube of Morant was impressive, the kid has some handle along with size and athleticism.

  9. #1584
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    7,392
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    RJ was 4-17 from downtown last night (8-30 overall)... and was a complete non-factor down the stretch ... Jones is the motor that makes Duke go...

    Meanwhile, Zion was a beast last night. Granted he miss a FT to win it, he was 12-20 with 35 and 10. Heís averaging 21-9-2.... I would say, at least in college, he has lived up to the hype that preceded him. I suspect same thing happens in NBA.

    He may not be another LeBron... but so what? Heíll be a very good player. Zach Randolph perhaps?

    I would take Zion over RJ bc Barrett is a highly inefficient chucker right now. He reminds me of another Wiggins.

    Anyway, bc KP doesnít want to play C... with knox and KP occupying the F spots... maybe the PG is the better fit with this roster.

  10. #1585
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    5,061
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post
    That guy Greenberg loves Morant more than Zion in that Post story. Too much hype about Zion, saw the FL game and Vitell went off on some full court pass he made but the guy he passed it to was wide open so anyone could have made that pass, Vitell is like that overly enthusiastic in his commentary but that's how most of the media treat Zion. I thought RJ was very impressive and the best Dukie in that game despite the game winner by Cam, don't think the Knicks can go wrong if we wind up with him instead of Zion. That YouTube of Morant was impressive, the kid has some handle along with size and athleticism.

    Barrett is T-Max...Zion is Zion.


    We just don't know what Zion is going to be which could be something we've never seen before but Barrett is the better prospect as of the here and now. He's left handed but ambidextrous, can get his pts anyway he wants. Has legit size on the perimeter. I think it'll come down to their defensive ability and who can run offense as to who will be better long term. I've said all along Barrett is better but Zion is a totally different kind of package

  11. #1586
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    5,061
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post
    I posted Marc Steins rumor of this at Xmas. Less credible now that they lost Barrea for the season but you could see the Mavs considering it with Doncic coming on strong and DSJ having a hard time staying on the floor with injuries. He played in 69 games last season and 28 games so far this season. He's ahead of Nits right now offensively but I doubt he becomes the defender Nits is and with glimpses of improvement in Nits offensive game I'd hesitate about pulling the trigger on a DSJ for Nits swap.
    This is a pure NO BRAINER for me, primarily due to the dumpage of THJR's deal. If this is true Steve Mills is admitting he made a mistake on the THJR trade

  12. #1587
    12th man
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    10,562
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    According to Alex Kennedy we're probably one of the teams in the mix. Citing a hoopshype article written on this that 2 of the 4 teams are confirmed(we're 1 of the 4). Appears Suns/Magic have a leg up but I hope we get in on this


    I will gladly take DSJ...twice on Sundays


    Kanter/Lee for Matthews/DSJ if they ask for Knits then expand the package a little more
    Never heard of this guy and its not Woj but Matthews/DSJ for THJ/Nits. I doubt Perry does it with how Nits played in the Sixers game but this would be a significant change in the roster.

  13. #1588
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    7,392
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Perry didnít draft Knits nor did he sign Timmy. A no brainer really. Knits-DSJ equal... NYK get cap relief next 2 years.... helps them in free agency.

  14. #1589
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,800
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    Kanter, Vonleh, THJR, Lee should all be available for trade

    Why should vonleh be in that group?

    Heís averaging over 8 ppg and 8 rebounds and a block per game in only 26 min while only being the age of 23.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "The Knicks are back" - Amare

  15. #1590
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6,518
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul1355 View Post
    Why should vonleh be in that group?

    Heís averaging over 8 ppg and 8 rebounds and a block per game in only 26 min while only being the age of 23.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Our odds of keeping him in free agency this offseason are low. Heís playing well and we are not going to be big spenders. It would be nice to get something for him before the trade deadline.

Similar Threads

  1. Blow it the F*CK up! Official Trade Thread
    By metrocard in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 348
    Last Post: Dec 19, 2013, 23:36
  2. The Official Trade Deadline Moves Thread
    By la2ny in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: Feb 24, 2011, 20:25
  3. Official Melo Trade Ideas thread
    By KnicksWillRiseAgain in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Jan 09, 2011, 03:26
  4. Official Trade Deadline Thread
    By Starks in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 76
    Last Post: Feb 19, 2009, 22:42
  5. Official Trade Deadline Thread
    By NYKnicks15 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: Feb 23, 2006, 12:56

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •