Page 107 of 116 FirstFirst ... 577787101102103104105106107108109110111112113 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 1733

Quote Originally Posted by htr10 View Post
    Our odds of keeping him in free agency this offseason are low. Heís playing well and we are not going to be big spenders. It would be nice to get something for him before the trade deadline.
    I see, well if thatís the case then we should
    also add mudiay to the list and draft a PG for the future

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "The Knicks are back" - Amare

Quote Originally Posted by Paul1355 View Post
    I see, well if thatís the case then we should
    also add mudiay to the list and draft a PG for the future

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ja Murant baby! Ja, RJ, Zion or bust.

Anyway, if DSJ couldnít mesh with Doncic, and Mavs are looking to move him... Knicks would be foolish to think he would mesh with KP. Plus, if the plan is to keep Mudiay, then itís also foolish to pair Mudiay with DSJ.

Unless Mavs take both Lee and Timmy AND offer their 1st... I would so ďNo Thank You.Ē

https://www.postingandtoasting.com/2019/1/19/18184234/the-knicks-shouldnt-trade-frank-ntilikina-for-dennis-smith-jr
    Last edited by mafra; Jan 19, 2019 at 14:34.

Reason suggests a Fultz-DSJ type of swap is probably the most sensible.

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    Ja Murant baby! Ja, RJ, Zion or bust.

Anyway, if DSJ couldn’t mesh with Doncic, and Mavs are looking to move him... Knicks would be foolish to think he would mesh with KP. Plus, if the plan is to keep Mudiay, then it’s also foolish to pair Mudiay with DSJ.

Unless Mavs take both Lee and Timmy AND offer their 1st... I would so “No Thank You.”

https://www.postingandtoasting.com/2...ennis-smith-jr
    Why wouldn't DSJ fit with KP. His problem with Doncic is playing off the ball or switching the role as the primary ball handler with both on the floor, they point out that stat that when they're together their offensive efficiency goes down but have the Mavs given it enough time? If DSJ was on the Knicks he would be the primary ball handler so I don't see a problem with fitting in with KP, his turnovers are a problem though as htr10 always points out so that would be the reason the Knicks might not want him if they don't think he can improve in that area.

If we plan on letting Mudiay walk... then it could work. But if Mudiay stays, then thereís no point bringing in DSJ.

KP specifically requested Frank start with him (to Hornacek). Frank and KP posted special defensive stats, when paired together...

You canít have a starting 5 where everybody dominates the ball. You need a player like Frank with Mudiay and KP and Knox.

To me, itís who do you prefer: DSJ or Mudiay?

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    If we plan on letting Mudiay walk... then it could work. But if Mudiay stays, then there’s no point bringing in DSJ.

KP specifically requested Frank start with him (to Hornacek). Frank and KP posted special defensive stats, when paired together...

You can’t have a starting 5 where everybody dominates the ball. You need a player like Frank with Mudiay and KP and Knox.

To me, it’s who do you prefer: DSJ or Mudiay?
    I think it could work if we can get the defense in order with a rotation of

DSJ
    Mudiay
    Knox/Vonleh
    KP
    Robinson

The problem isn't so much playing off ball as it is playing off ball with a high usage player. Doncic is high usage and pretty good doing so, he has weaknesses but I understand somewhat why DSJ has been mitigated but not entirely as it appears they want. Mudiay isn't really high usage, he can be and has been at times but that's because of the devoid of talent on our team. I want talent always in any given situation. Knits isn't really talented he has intangibles but many other players in this league do too. Like I said a few weeks back if Knits was more Ball I'd be cool holding on to him but he's not.

Also Carlisle recently spoke about the DSJ situation and said nothing but positive things about him. Said he's improved in all areas they've asked him to and is a starter in his book. Carlisle has a history of being a dingling to players and by his words sounds like he knows he was probably in the wrong somewhere with DSJ, it may be too late though.

I think the Mavs are feeling the pressure because a lot of their fans still like DSJ as our fan base likes Knits. They don't like the way he's been treated but sometimes landing on other teams is the better situation. I think DSJ and Knits are going through something similar as Mudiay went through with Malone in Denver

I welcome the change of scenery to land DSJ

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    I think it could work if we can get the defense in order with a rotation of

DSJ
    Mudiay
    Knox/Vonleh
    KP
    Robinson

The problem isn't so much playing off ball as it is playing off ball with a high usage player. Doncic is high usage and pretty good doing so, he has weaknesses but I understand somewhat why DSJ has been mitigated but not entirely as it appears they want. Mudiay isn't really high usage, he can be and has been at times but that's because of the devoid of talent on our team. I want talent always in any given situation. Knits isn't really talented he has intangibles but many other players in this league do too. Like I said a few weeks back if Knits was more Ball I'd be cool holding on to him but he's not.

Also Carlisle recently spoke about the DSJ situation and said nothing but positive things about him. Said he's improved in all areas they've asked him to and is a starter in his book. Carlisle has a history of being a dingling to players and by his words sounds like he knows he was probably in the wrong somewhere with DSJ, it may be too late though.

I think the Mavs are feeling the pressure because a lot of their fans still like DSJ as our fan base likes Knits. They don't like the way he's been treated but sometimes landing on other teams is the better situation. I think DSJ and Knits are going through something similar as Mudiay went through with Malone in Denver

I welcome the change of scenery to land DSJ
    I think Mavs released that Carlisle revelation bc the offers havenít been up to their expectation... that media leak was a negotiation ploy, iMHO.

Mudiay, DSJ, Knox lineup would be awful defensively.

Why give up 3 inches and a foot in wingspan to swap Knits for DSJ? KP, Knox and this upcoming lottery pick will be scoring options 1-3.... Mudiay, Vonleh, MRob and Knits are nice complimentary players to those 3.

We donít need cap relief bc max guys ainít signing here.

Now, if you want to open the space and see if Kyrie and KL will spurn our advances... hey, itís worth it, I guess.

But unless DAL takes Lee and Timmy (and maxes our cap space availability).... Iím still buying Knits future stock over DSJ. Smith may be the more explosive offensive player but i think Knits is still more of the winning player (to fit the role we need for this team).

Knits is still only 20, playing in a foreign country, under his second HC in 2 years. The player we see now isnít what we will see in 3 years.

But, Iím also not there in the gym everyday, seeing the potential (if it exists or not), Im not talking to KP and getting his thoughts... so itís hard to determine what to do bc Iím missing valuable intel.

Perry didnít draft him... so, heís free to do what he wants here. He could trade for DSJ and draft Ja and hope we find our Heild-Fox, lilard-Mcculum, Klay-Curry.

But, if we donít land a free agent... one could argue team is better off with Timmy and Knits next year instead of DSJ.

I just have visions of Knox, KP, Zion and Mudiay running around with MRob and Knits are defensive stalwarts complimenting those 4.

But I do admit itís pretty much 50/50 who is the better or more complete player come 2022.

But... if we get Ja... who cares where DSJ or Knits are playing.
    Last edited by mafra; Jan 19, 2019 at 23:45.

theknicksblog.com:

The Knicks are undecided about what to do with Frank Ntilikina, but if they decide to trade him, there are already some interested teams.

The Magic and Suns have inquired about Ntilikina's availability, reports Stefan Bondy of the Daily News, who adds that Knicks GM Scott Perry approached the Hawks about a potential deal for Ntilikina but was rebuffed.

Bondy adds that Ntilikina has some supporters in the Knicks' front office, but that the team is still at a crossroads regarding what to do.

The 20-year-old Ntilikina has been jerked around by the Knicks this season, with him being benched for games at a time on multiple ocassions.

Ntilikina sat out three games in a row recently before returning last Sunday and playing 28 minutes. He played 17 minutes on Wednesday during the team's loss to the Wizards in London.

Overall this season, Ntilikina is averaging 6.0 points and 2.6 assists while playing just nine minutes per game.

12th man

Mafra I hear you about Ntilikina. He said one half season isn't going to define him but what if he's averaging 6 pts at the end of the season, do you throw in the towel on him then. He might not develop until he's 22 if we don't see improvement this year which means we don't pick up his option next Oct. I'd look to deal him if and get what we can for him if he doesn't improve any more this year, it's up to Fiz that he gets adequate PT for him to fully develop.

12th man

Nits is playing 21 mins per game not 9 in that Knicksblog blog.

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post
    Mafra I hear you about Ntilikina. He said one half season isn't going to define him but what if he's averaging 6 pts at the end of the season, do you throw in the towel on him then. He might not develop until he's 22 if we don't see improvement this year which means we don't pick up his option next Oct. I'd look to deal him if and get what we can for him if he doesn't improve any more this year, it's up to Fiz that he gets adequate PT for him to fully develop.

First I won't deny defense would be an issue but let's stop acting as if Knits is solving them, he isn't. Matter of fact the talk of late about Knits' game has been his porous defense. KnicksFilmSchool has many clips showing how bad his defense has been.

With that being said what I find comical especially with our fan base how much we want to hold on to guys that haven't proved much or shelf life is fleeting but will in the same breath criticize teams who have been toiling in their rebuilding efforts. Well don't you think one of the reasons they toil because they hold on to fringe prospects too long? Ummmmmm don't Knick fans criticize the Celtics constantly for not clearing what could be clutter(young prospects) and swinging big? Yet all they've done is remain relevant for the past 3-4yrs.

Meanwhile Knits/Robinson/Knox/Trier/Dotson/Kornet/New Draft Pick are not all going to be great when we add #kporzee. And some of you want to keep THJR and Kanter. lol come on we as a fan base aren't being reasonable nor logical here. Open admission that Knox isn't a defensive stalwart but let's praise him to no end for a 1 dimensional trait?

Matter of fact I doubt any of the above outside of #kporzee will be All-Stars with exception of the New Draft Pick. We can't pay all of them either going forward. Someone has to go especially if any of these reclamation projects are retained. One last thing this league isn't playing a lick of D anyway. The league is doing everything to do away with it. I know it's important but we are going a bit overboard thinking some 20yr old will save us on that side of the ball.
    Last edited by Broadway; Jan 20, 2019 at 00:42.

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post

What Mafra Blog are putting out there .. are puppet coach Fizdale refuse to develop the 2nd season Frank into a 30 minute NBA PG because it will interfere or prevent the Knicks front-office from TANKING the 2018-19 season for a low lottery pick.
    Developing Frank & Dotson into a 2-Way offense/defense tandem back-court would be a very EASY task this season.
    Frank showed us in his rookie season how valuable his performance in the 4th quarter could win games having two or three teammates on the same-page with him in a lineup.
    Dotson has showed us he can excel on both ends of the court having ball-movement and screens in the offense, and a defensive partner in the backcourt (Frank), plus having a defensive paint stopper (MitchRob) to make opponents slashers think twice.
    Having these 3 players in the same lineup for 6 to 8 minutes straight in a quarter for 3 quarters a game for 30 or more games this season, would be considered a "Developing Young-core player season".

GS Warriors ex-head coach Mark Jackson in his first season coaching the Warriors won 47 games by giving a trio of players Curry, Klay, and David Lee 9 straight minute of playing-time together in each quarter to get the trio on the same-page. The season before GS hired Mark Jackson the GS Warriors were a 23 win season team being coach the same as the Knicks are being coached in the 2018-19 season.

Puppet coach Fizdale are not exploiting and not developing the individual winning-skills of each Knick player in his foolish coaching to TANK the season.
    So far in just half of the Knick 2018-19 season it look to be a wasted season for Knick fans and Knick players learning nothing about team-offense or team defense .. The Knicks 10-34 Record speaks clarity of Fizdale's system !!!

And Broadway .... Tired-KP has never showed to be a winning player on offense or defense.
    I have watch several NBA guards box-out Tired-KP to grab rebounds over him .. Tired-KP has never been a star player!
    In another Knick forum someone put up a Hypothtical question thread "would you trade KP for Doncic?".
    Doncic rookie performance in half of a season in the NBA has been a top shelf (Larry Bird/Magic Johnson) performance.
    Tired-KP been in the NBA for 3 season, and does not have half the skills Doncic has shown in just a half of season.
    So a healthy KP will not bring wins next season, and Zion or Barrett will be raw rookies, and star FA are allergic to the LOSER Knick organization. FACTS !!!

Veteran

AD has made it official

Watch the Lakers and Celtics sweat this out

Offer KP and Knits!

According to ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski , Anthony Davis has requested to be traded.
    There it is. Davis' agent, Rich Paul, informed the Pelicans that Davis will not sign a contract extension and he's already had conversations with teammates about his decision. It's a huge blow to the franchise, as Davis' request reduces New Orleans' leverage in trade talks. We're obviously going to hear Davis' name linked to the Celtics and Lakers initially, but it's important to note that Boston can't trade for him until the summer (due to a CBA rule) with Kyrie Irving on the roster and the Lakers don't have a lot of quality trade assets. With this news, it makes a lot of sense for fantasy owners to hold onto Jahlil Okafor given his strong play over his last four games. Davis is still under contract through the 2019-20 season, so it will be interesting to see their level of urgency in getting a deal done -- Woj is reporting that New Orleans has no desire to trade Davis before this yearís trade deadline.

AD trade works for Timmy Jr, Lee, MRob, Knits, Dotson, and Trier. Toss in 2019 first.

This leaves Knicks with KP, Knox, and Mudiay plus have enough to make a run at Kawhi.

Mudiay
    Kawhi
    Knox
    KP
    Davis

My questions is:

Would you prefer sending KP with our 2019 first or package of young kids (Knits, MRob, Trier, and Dotson).

Anyway... if Knicks procur a top 3 pick, our offer should be competitive. Might even be more than what LAK/BOS can offer (or is willing to offer).

Supposedly, this is why weíve been accumulating assets... to be a player in a mega deal, knowing that free agency is a crapshoot.

Iím more inclined to keep the young kids and offer KP... then we can still be in on KD. No way KP, KD, AD fit together.