Page 109 of 116 FirstFirst ... 597989103104105106107108109110111112113114115 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 1733
    Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    BOS picks are nice, but they aren’t lottery picks. 1 lottery pick is worth 3 mid to late round picks, on the value chart.
    ahhh... unless its ny who makes the lottery pick.... we haven't picked a winner since...... fredic weis......

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by paris401 View Post
    davis makes 25m... exactly how to we match salaries??? timmy...ha... who the fuk wants him... our young guys ... they make no $$$... KP... so u guys propose NO taking a guy who hasn't played in a yr n coming off a major injury.. n he makes under 6m... hey i'd give em our whole team plus our pick... plus the coach n front office... but does anyone really believe he wants to come here??

and all these scenarios of AD coming here, then we get leonard, or irving signs here ... the problem is... signing the 1st guy , then the others will come.. thats the key signing the 1st one... n since Me-Lo we havent signed a tier 1 FA, n as we saw even with Me-Lo no one followed him to ny...
    Kanter & Timmy & KP & Knox could get us AD & Randle !!!

12th man

AD trade works for Timmy Jr, Lee, MRob, Knits, Dotson, and Trier. Toss in 2019 first.

This leaves Knicks with KP, Knox, and Mudiay plus have enough to make a run at Kawhi.

Mudiay
    Kawhi
    Knox
    KP
    Davis

My questions is:

Would you prefer sending KP with our 2019 first or package of young kids (Knits, MRob, Trier, and Dotson).

Anyway... if Knicks procur a top 3 pick, our offer should be competitive. Might even be more than what LAK/BOS can offer (or is willing to offer).

Supposedly, this is why weíve been accumulating assets... to be a player in a mega deal, knowing that free agency is a crapshoot.

Iím more inclined to keep the young kids and offer KP... then we can still be in on KD. No way KP, KD, AD fit together.

You want to keep the low IQ BUM Mudiay, and get rid of future star players Frank Dotson Trier and MitchRob plus the Lottery pick (small-ball coach Gentry will take those Knick players to the playoff next season) .... next u be saying give clueless Fizdale a 6 year extension to Tank every season having AD.

According to a report from Tania Ganguli, Ball would prefer to go to either the Bulls or the Knicks. Via the Los Angeles Times:
    Although Lonzo Ball has no say in where he lands in a trade, his preference would be for the Lakers to find a third team such as Chicago or New York as a landing spot for the second-year point guard if he were part of a deal for New Orleans Pelicans star Anthony Davis, according to sources not authorized to speak publicly.

Veteran

According to a report from Tania Ganguli, Ball would prefer to go to either the Bulls or the Knicks. Via the Los Angeles Times:
    Although Lonzo Ball has no say in where he lands in a trade, his preference would be for the Lakers to find a third team such as Chicago or New York as a landing spot for the second-year point guard if he were part of a deal for New Orleans Pelicans star Anthony Davis, according to sources not authorized to speak publicly.

Somewhat as we discussed AD is trying to force his way to L.A. Taking the leak angle of Kyrie wanting out of Boston as a means to trump up the Lakers and the Pels are calling his 10 day bluff

Meanwhile Boston's package probably remains the best overall unless we were to include #kporzee pre deadline.

NO is wise to wait... Iím sure Ainge has let them know what his offer would be, if AD would sign with them and another if he wouldnít.

But, if you are NO, youíre after 1 thing:

The number 1 pick. Thatís the key, to me, even more so than Tatum.

Take Tatum off that team and heís a good player but not a difference-maker and heís already going to be entering his third year.

NO needs that control... 5 years of Zion better than 2 of Tatum.

As for Knicks, if they canít get AD they should be trying for Ball or Jrue.

Veteran

Did I not say what would happen...SHEESH!

Hey it's whatever at this point. AD said he's a 1yr rental so oh well. Knicks better start making some trades I have no idea why we've waited this long. I hate the way we operate!
    Last edited by Broadway; Jan 31, 2019 at 13:29.

Veteran

Now players can't leak "Trade Me" to the DA MEDIA due to new tampering rules but this is as close as it gets and of course I'm sure Free Agents on the outside looking in feel very assured and confident considering New York when their best player no longer may not be...

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    Now players can't leak "Trade Me" to the DA MEDIA due to new tampering rules but this is as close as it gets and of course I'm sure Free Agents on the outside looking in feel very assured and confident considering New York when their best player no longer may not be...

Exactly what I thought #kporzee can Kick Rocks, never really liked him and it started when he allowed Carmelo to influence how he moved

Some looked at him as their King though

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    Did I not say what would happen...SHEESH!

Hey it's whatever at this point. AD said he's a 1yr rental so oh well. Knicks better start making some trades I have no idea why we've waited this long. I hate the way we operate!
    Stunning news. Supposedly the Knicks agreed to look into trading him before the deadline. If he wants to win, he's right to ask for a trade, I said even with him the Knicks may be years away from turning this ship around. The Bulls suck but I like their roster way more then ours.
    Perry is not giving him away, I'd expect there are active discussions going on with the Pels for an AD/KP swap but the Knicks aren't winning anything next year so AD will more than likely be a one yr rental.

KP to Mavs.... for DSJ and Jordan

Mavs finalizing trade for Kristaps Porzingis

The Mavericks are finalizing a deal to acquire Kristaps Porzingis, and he reportedly intends to sign a qualifying offer this summer.
    Dennis Smith Jr., DeAndre Jordan, Wesley Matthews and a future first-round pick will reportedly go to New York as part of the deal. The Mavericks will also take on the contracts of Tim Hardaway Jr. and Courtney Lee as part of this six-players swap, and the sides are working to complete the deal today according to the NYT's Marc Stein. By joining a Mavs team with no immediate playoff aspirations, there's a good chance Porzingis could be out all season as he recovers from ACL surgery. With Luka Doncic and Porzingis as the potential core of the franchise, though, Dallas will be a formidable contender if they manage to retain KP beyond 2019-20.

12th man

Fizdale's changing players all season has rubbed off on the Knicks front-office Mills/Perry .. trading KP, Timmy, and C.Lee to Mavs for DSJ and D.Jordan.
    Poor Kanter, and Poor Frank would have luv to be traded today to a NBA team having a 10 yr experience head coach to improve their NBA career.

So what moves can the Knicks make at the deadline? The Anthony Davis sweepstakes is all but out of the question now, and there isn't much salary left to shed.

They now have a bit of an awkward situation at point guard however, with a big twist on the mini-rivalry of Frank Ntilikina and Smith Jr. The two were selected one after the other, and have been the subjects of major debate among fans and even LeBron James. It's possible head coach David Fizdale is privy to the idea of them competing against one another for the starting job and playing time, but given his lack of confidence in Ntilikina, a trade could be in the works.

(Adam Hunger)

One option could be flipping him for the Orlando Magic's Mo Bamba, whose name has appeared in trade rumors recently. The Phoenix Suns are short a point guard for their young core, so the Knicks can try and talk them into shipping Dragan Bender or Josh Jackson.

Another direction New York can go in is flipping someone they'd have to battle the market to re-sign, such as an Emmanuel Mudiay or Noah Vonleh. Either should be able to net a pick from a competitive team looking for added depth.

Unless the Knicks have another blockbuster up their sleeve, there probably isn't much else to their trade deadline strategy. Then comes what's sure to be a slog of a final stretch of the season. During that time, the Knicks can do two things to set themselves up for the all-or-nothing grand prize of July's free agent bonanza.

First, play and develop the young guys. While giving the developing pieces burn over established veterans has been a struggle in months and years past, there are only two tenured players left on the roster, assuming Jordan and Matthews are on the way out. If not, it's a mistake, and they shouldn't take minutes from the neophytes. Get Smith Jr. the ball and let him run high pick-and-rolls with Mitchell Robinson all game long. Give Kevin Knox 40 shots a night. Allonzo Trier should be known as Iso-Zo from here on forward.

Free agents the Knicks will want to pitch should have a body of work to examine from the young core that's supposed to back them up. And if nobody of significance joins, hopefully one or many of these guys develop into an impact player.

Finally, try to avoid anything else that might scare off a Durant or Irving, for instance beefing with a tremendous young talent, and leaking his displeasure amidst a swift deal to get him out of town. Try and function quietly, professionally, even normally.

That may be too much to ask, but the Knicks have once again staked their future on a star-studded free agency class with no established talent to sell folks on. They are not short on ambition.

Theknicksblog

12th man

The mystery on KP's return to the court?
    How determine will players be to fit into Carlisle's 2-Way system?
    Tim Hardaway Jr's. offense?
    Courtney Lee's defense?
    Trey Burke playmaking skills?