Page 111 of 116 FirstFirst ... 618191105106107108109110111112113114115116 LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 1733
    12th man

The Lakers veteran trio Lebron/Rondo/and Lance are doing a great job at developing the Lakers young-core players Ball/Kuzma/Hart/Ingram/Zubac on how to win the next game.
    The performance of the Lakers 2nd season players Ball and Kuzma has been improving throughout the season to become a pair of future deadly crunch-time players.
    The Lakers offering Ball and Kuzma plus a future 1st pick for AD .... Yep .. not many teams could match that offer for AD !!!

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    Pels are leaking

There's a reason this is being made public oh and lest we forget as Woj points out #kporzee's trade deal sets somewhat the parameters for Davis which will prove to be richer. Currently they feel offers are laughable as there have been a few variations of similar involving Ingram in others

Pels are smart to leak as this will take a toll on some of the Laker players
    lol this didn't take long, like clock work

Now the Pelicans can torment the Lakers for a whole yr if they want. And nice job Lebron conveniently sitting out against the Warriors tonight instead of showing leadership when the team needs you most

Instead you jump on Twitter moments after the game to show support for Mike Malone being named coach of a "meaningless" All-Star. Talk about see through agenda here trying to get another coach fired...he and his fans should be ashamed
    Last edited by Broadway; Feb 03, 2019 at 01:06.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiyaman View Post
    The Lakers veteran trio Lebron/Rondo/and Lance are doing a great job at developing the Lakers young-core players Ball/Kuzma/Hart/Ingram/Zubac on how to win the next game.
    The performance of the Lakers 2nd season players Ball and Kuzma has been improving throughout the season to become a pair of future deadly crunch-time players.
    The Lakers offering Ball and Kuzma plus a future 1st pick for AD .... Yep .. not many teams could match that offer for AD !!!
    The only offer from the lakers that is remotely worth pulling a trigger on is what Nick Wright from espn suggested (Ball, Kuzma, Ingram, Zubac, and 2 first round picks) and the lakers keep Ketavious Caldwell pope off the table so they get cap space from his expiring deal.

The pelicans should accept this deal, but nothing less as you know dealing AD will set your franchise back years. You need to basically build a strong depth and future picks or else they will just wait for Boston to offer Taytum, brown, Rozier and multiple picks after the season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "The Knicks are back" - Amare

Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    So what moves can the Knicks make at the deadline? The Anthony Davis sweepstakes is all but out of the question now, and there isn't much salary left to shed.

They now have a bit of an awkward situation at point guard however, with a big twist on the mini-rivalry of Frank Ntilikina and Smith Jr. The two were selected one after the other, and have been the subjects of major debate among fans and even LeBron James. It's possible head coach David Fizdale is privy to the idea of them competing against one another for the starting job and playing time, but given his lack of confidence in Ntilikina, a trade could be in the works.

(Adam Hunger)

One option could be flipping him for the Orlando Magic's Mo Bamba, whose name has appeared in trade rumors recently. The Phoenix Suns are short a point guard for their young core, so the Knicks can try and talk them into shipping Dragan Bender or Josh Jackson.

Another direction New York can go in is flipping someone they'd have to battle the market to re-sign, such as an Emmanuel Mudiay or Noah Vonleh. Either should be able to net a pick from a competitive team looking for added depth.

Unless the Knicks have another blockbuster up their sleeve, there probably isn't much else to their trade deadline strategy. Then comes what's sure to be a slog of a final stretch of the season. During that time, the Knicks can do two things to set themselves up for the all-or-nothing grand prize of July's free agent bonanza.

First, play and develop the young guys. While giving the developing pieces burn over established veterans has been a struggle in months and years past, there are only two tenured players left on the roster, assuming Jordan and Matthews are on the way out. If not, it's a mistake, and they shouldn't take minutes from the neophytes. Get Smith Jr. the ball and let him run high pick-and-rolls with Mitchell Robinson all game long. Give Kevin Knox 40 shots a night. Allonzo Trier should be known as Iso-Zo from here on forward.

Free agents the Knicks will want to pitch should have a body of work to examine from the young core that's supposed to back them up. And if nobody of significance joins, hopefully one or many of these guys develop into an impact player.

Finally, try to avoid anything else that might scare off a Durant or Irving, for instance beefing with a tremendous young talent, and leaking his displeasure amidst a swift deal to get him out of town. Try and function quietly, professionally, even normally.

That may be too much to ask, but the Knicks have once again staked their future on a star-studded free agency class with no established talent to sell folks on. They are not short on ambition.

Theknicksblog
    I believe Jordan and Matthews are serious trade/buyout candidates and league executives are hoping they are bought out as they would be more valuable on contending teams. However, I donít if players you just acquired can be flipped so soon.

Frank has been tied to the suns the most and the magic. The suns rejected a deal for KP that involved Jackson so I donít believe we can come close to getting him by dealing frank and his poor offensive stat sheet.

The only moves I see are buyouts of dj/Matthews, mudiay/vonleh for picks and frank as a throw in to sweeten some kind of deal

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Paul1355 View Post
    I believe Jordan and Matthews are serious trade/buyout candidates and league executives are hoping they are bought out as they would be more valuable on contending teams. However, I donít if players you just acquired can be flipped so soon.

Frank has been tied to the suns the most and the magic. The suns rejected a deal for KP that involved Jackson so I donít believe we can come close to getting him by dealing frank and his poor offensive stat sheet.

The only moves I see are buyouts of dj/Matthews, mudiay/vonleh for picks and frank as a throw in to sweeten some kind of deal

I think players who were just traded can immediately be traded again. There are rules about teams reacquiring players they just traded away I think, but otherwise we should be okay to immediately move DJ or Matthews. Only problem is we are going to need to move them without taking any salary back past this season.

Quote Originally Posted by htr10 View Post
    I think players who were just traded can immediately be traded again. There are rules about teams reacquiring players they just traded away I think, but otherwise we should be okay to immediately move DJ or Matthews. Only problem is we are going to need to move them without taking any salary back past this season.
    Then thatís good to know as these guys do have value and maybe we can get something back such as a pick or young player with more upside.

I forgot to add that Kanter will either be waived or just remain benched until the end of the season. Being that Kanter hasnít been the happiest camper, he might just agree to a buyout before March 1 deadline to be playoff eligible.

Veteran

Not a bad trade for PDX

Veteran

According to Zach Lowe Knicks tried to move Courtney Lee to the Jazz for Alex Burks but the Jazz said no it would require a pick.

I always figured Lee didn't have any value in this league and it was always going to be whatever it was whether we played him or not. I said we'd be lucky to get a 2nd round pick for him and that's from a team who would've coveted him(Pistons). We almost got, got trying to be cute holding out hope he was going to be bring value, luckily the Mavs coveted #kporzee as much as they did to allow us to throw him in the deal.

Also anyone find it interesting Mavs didn't ask for Knits according to reports I'm hearing but instead requested Burke in the deal?

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    According to Zach Lowe Knicks tried to move Courtney Lee to the Jazz for Alex Burks but the Jazz said no it would require a pick.

I always figured Lee didn't have any value in this league and it was always going to be whatever it was whether we played him or not. I said we'd be lucky to get a 2nd round pick for him and that's from a team who would've coveted him(Pistons). We almost got, got trying to be cute holding out hope he was going to be bring value, luckily the Mavs coveted #kporzee as much as they did to allow us to throw him in the deal.

Also anyone find it interesting Mavs didn't ask for Knits according to reports I'm hearing but instead requested Burke in the deal?
    Either they asked and were denied or didnít even bother bc they knew the answer.... not that NY wonít consider moving Knits... just that Mavs were getting KP only if they offered us a young asset, took our bad contracts and gave us picks. We werenít going to give them anything other than throw-ins. Iím sure they hope they can get something for Knits.

Veteran

Either they asked and were denied or didn’t even bother bc they knew the answer.... not that NY won’t consider moving Knits... just that Mavs were getting KP only if they offered us a young asset, took our bad contracts and gave us picks. We weren’t going to give them anything other than throw-ins. I’m sure they hope they can get something for Knits.
    Being that Mills said they had 8 options and I quote("We were ready to move on one by the 7th due to leverage"), there's a possibility Knits was included in one of them. Remember the league is befuddled they were left on the dark on this. Appears to me they just didn't have that much interest in Knits if at all

Meanwhile how much is the TANK Brigade revving up now

We literally have to land the #1 pick otherwise we have no shot at Davis
    Last edited by Broadway; Feb 04, 2019 at 15:11.

Veteran

See there is no masterplan of players trying to link up in New York as I figured

AD willing to play for multiple teams just like Kyrie and this was an intentional leak by Pelicans. Figured they would more and more as they got closer to the 7th

Veteran

Uh Hun....Going as expected

This won't go unnoticed Lebron is disgusting...tweeted last night during Superbowl

I figured we have no chance for AD too... unless we land Zion. So, basically, Zion wonít be a NYK, bc if we win lottery heís going to NO.

Then again, he may still be dealt elsewhere.

Still, at least he would sign extension with us. At least thereís that.

I canít see NO acting now... theyíll wait until
    After the season... get BOS involved... see who has Zion.

Veteran

I figured we have no chance for AD too... unless we land Zion. So, basically, Zion won’t be a NYK, bc if we win lottery he’s going to NO.

Then again, he may still be dealt elsewhere.

Still, at least he would sign extension with us. At least there’s that.

I can’t see NO acting now... they’ll wait until
    After the season... get BOS involved... see who has Zion.
    This offer is insane

Supposedly Lakers are waiting on Pels to wrap this up

Hard to say NO to that, unless they have hearts set on Zion or another player.