Page 115 of 116 FirstFirst ... 658595109110111112113114115116 LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 1733
    12th man

As the Knicks run out of time to find a trade for center Enes Kanter and his $18.6M expiring deal, discussions on a contract buyout are expected to begin as soon as the deadline passes on Thursday at 3 PM ET, league sources tell ESPN.

So our brilliant Front-Office Mills/Perry are telling teams they will buy Kanter out if they can’t trade him lmao smart

https://nypost.com/2019/02/06/long-t...-his-list/amp/

Sounds like some inside NO like both Knox and Robinson. Toss in Knits and our first this summer plus a future first. Methinks if we land a top 3 pick, this offer is competitive.

Plus, NO doesnít have to send him to LA.

BTW, our front office friendly with theirs.

Would DSJ-KD-Davis be enough?

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post

Sounds like some inside NO like both Knox and Robinson. Toss in Knits and our first this summer plus a future first. Methinks if we land a top 3 pick, this offer is competitive.

Plus, NO doesn’t have to send him to LA.

Why u wanna get rid of my two (Frank Mitch) young-defensive players .. they would fit great in a lineup having AD & KD !!!

I would simply stay the course. No sense making trades until we are on the verge... Like what Philly did. If AD wants to come to NY, then simply sign with NY in July 2020. Heíll only be 28 then.

But, if NO wants Knox, MRob, Knits and 2 first rounders for a 26 future HOF in Davis? Man, how do you say NO? Especially if that means you get KD or Kyrie?

Anyway, itís the Knicks... so we donít have to worry about this. Iím clinging to the 14% chance I leant in MAY that Zion is ours!

The Mavericks are finalizing a deal to trade Harrison Barnes to the Kings in exchange for Zach Randolph and Justin Jackson, according to Shams Charania of The Athletic.
    Barnes found out about it in the middle of the game, wow

https://streamable.com/s/2tp1j/ijmcaz

Veteran

Plus, NO doesn’t have to send him to LA.
    how does this work?? i thought for a trade to work, the salaries exchanged need to be within spitting distance... knox n robbie hardy make enough to get a whopper, same for frank nitty... a 1st rounder adds little to the pot... n AD makes 25m- i guess if the deal gets done now we can throw in kanter or jordan.. if we wait till this summer , our whole roster doesnt equal 25m...
    what am i missing??

Quote Originally Posted by paris401 View Post
    how does this work?? i thought for a trade to work, the salaries exchanged need to be within spitting distance... knox n robbie hardy make enough to get a whopper, same for frank nitty... a 1st rounder adds little to the pot... n AD makes 25m- i guess if the deal gets done now we can throw in kanter or jordan.. if we wait till this summer , our whole roster doesnt equal 25m...
    what am i missing??
    https://nypost.com/2019/02/06/long-t...h-on-his-list/

This is based on prayer it happens today, where we could send Kanter and/or Matthews too.

Veteran

https://nypost.com/2019/02/06/long-t...h-on-his-list/
    This is based on prayer it happens today, where we could send Kanter and/or Matthews too.
    thanks... so in the summer when kanter/jordan/wes r FA's, can we still package them along with other 'assets' (now that's a funny word for our garbage)... for AD?? i don't think so, but in the summer we will be way under the cap if we can't , so maybe it works... u need a college degree to figure our the CBA... and i don't have one... not even sure if i graduated HS... never went to pick up the sheep-skin...

Quote Originally Posted by paris401 View Post
    thanks... so in the summer when kanter/jordan/wes r FA's, can we still package them along with other 'assets' (now that's a funny word for our garbage)... for AD?? i don't think so, but in the summer we will be way under the cap if we can't , so maybe it works... u need a college degree to figure our the CBA... and i don't have one... not even sure if i graduated HS... never went to pick up the sheep-skin...
    CLE did this with Wiggins, when they traded for Love. We draft Zion, wait a month, sign him to contract and can trade him (to help make up money difference). I could be wrong, but something akin like this. We would drain our ďassetĒ pool tho.

Veteran

Some really good trades

Bucks/Sixers/Raps are trying to win applying serious pressure on the Celtics but I find it interesting no one has stepped up to trade for our players who we feel are so valuable? Hmmmmmmm

The Memphis Grizzlies have agreed to trade center Marc Gasol to the Toronto Raptors in exchange for Jonas Valanciunas, Delon Wright, CJ Miles and a 2024 second-round pick, league sources told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski on Thursday.

The 34-year-old Gasol is averaging 15.7 points, 8.6 rebounds and a career-high 4.7 assists this season -- which ranks second among league centers, trailing only Nikola Jokic (7.7). He is the Grizzlies' franchise leader in points, rebounds, blocks and field goals made.
    http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...oronto-raptors

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    Some really good trades

Bucks/Sixers/Raps are trying to win applying serious pressure on the Celtics but I find it interesting no one has stepped up to trade for our players who we feel are so valuable? Hmmmmmmm
    Why trade for them when weíve seemingly made it public that we are going to buy them out? Really great player and front office strategy by us. I guess you canít seem too crafty when youíre on the 70 loss train.

Quote Originally Posted by Woj
    Orlando is trading for Markelle Fultz, league source tells ESPN. The Magic are sending Jonathan Simmons, a first-round and a second-round pick to the Sixers, per sources.
    Another trade by the Sixers

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by htr10 View Post
    Why trade for them when weíve seemingly made it public that we are going to buy them out? Really great player and front office strategy by us. I guess you canít seem too crafty when youíre on the 70 loss train.
    The buyout talk was a leak from agent(s) to essentially kill value. If we would've been more forward thinking we would've traded prior to it getting that far, say in Kanter's case. Wesley was a little more challenging due to short window and salary to make a deal work heard he's likely headed to the Pacers once waived.

Vonleh probably could've been dealt to the Sixers but we probably thought his value to be more than necessary, which is a stronger sign we want to resign him. Hezonja could've been dealt too, if Stanley Johnson, Thon Maker, Staukus(twice I believe), we could've moved him. I think we might extend the QO to Mudiay and hope he doesn't get a deal elsewhere to resign on the cheap

This all aligns with Steve Mills msg earlier in the yr.

Veteran

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...esley-matthews

Kanter and Matthews both waived; Matthews going to the Pacers