Official Trade Rumors Thread

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Keith Schlosser, SNY.TV Twitter | Archive The Blazers are in a delicate situation, but it's one that could benefit the Knicks. They previously spent big to retain much of its promising youth. Unfortunately, not every rewarded player has been able to tap into the potential Portland invested in. They aren't close to becoming a perennial championship contender, so it's time to reconsider the team's core group as they look to build upon the more positive pieces. The play of Moe Harkless and Meyers Leonard, among others, hasn't justified the means for paying them big bucks. The Blazers don't have as much flexibility to pay prospects and roster spots are certainly scarce with so many expensive veterans already on the roster. Luckily for Portland, their plethora of draft picks could be used as incentives for prospective trade partners to take back the bigger contracts. The Knicks will have cap space this summer and aren't exactly in line to target a marquee quality player. They're desperate to get younger, so perhaps the room they have would be better-suited to help them reel in a promising asset. Harkless is a decent enough shooter and happens to be a local New York guy, so fans would likely be drawn to him. He's simply just a role player and not much more, however. If the Knicks were going to take a hit or make an investment, Evan Turner should top their list given the Blazers' options. The swingman's ability to meet expectations has wavered in recent years, especially considering the big contract he signed. Earnings aside, Turner would still be a very good fit for the Knicks. He's one of the most underrated passers in the league, with excellent vision for a player at his position. Serving as a point-forward of sorts (something that was highly utilized in Phil Jackson's triangle offense as a coach), the 28 year old could really help New York space the floor by finding teammates in unique places. With defense a priority this offseason, Turner would also provide a boost there. Portland isn't the only trade partner the Knicks should consider leading up to the draft. As Steve Kyler of Basketball Insiders alludes to, a Courtney Lee for the 12th overall pick would make sense for both teams. Detroit President and head coach Stan Van Gundy holds Lee in high regard and has had a knack for targeting and/or trading for his former players. Lee had a very solid first year in New York. He showed prowess on both ends of the floor and demonstrated great leadership skills as the season came to a close. Lee would boast value as a good role model for even a transitioning team like the Knicks. For all the same reasons, however, he'd still be a key piece for a team hoping to compete. If parting with him (and subsequently making a deal with Portland) allows New York to come away with three total first round picks, they should actively be pursuing such possibilities. An incoming player like Harkless or Turner could additionally fill the void Lee's departure would create.
Trade Courtney Lee for the 12th pick and take back Harkless's contract for the 15th pick? That would be a good move for us. We'd get 3 draft picks in a loaded draft (could pick up DSJ/Monk/Ntilikina with the 8th, Donovan Mitchell with the 12th, and Luke Kennard with the 15th) and save money. All depends on whether or not the Pistons are willing to do the deal...

tiger0330

Legend
I agree, PJ needs more than anything to change the whole rebuild stategy. Trade veterans for picks and younger players, CLee is to old for the timeline of the Knicks to turn themselves around. Plus if we start a youth movement Melo drops his NTC and opts to go to more teams.

Kiyaman

Legend
Does it bother anyone how every offseason PJ add 8 or more new players to the roster each season, or 3 or more new starters to the starting lineup the past 3 offseasons?
Do u see PJ doing the samething in the 2017 offseason too???

Knicks looking at POR for Moe Harkless and a 1st rounder.

http://www.blazersedge.com/2017/6/1/15726998/trade-rumors-moe-harkless-blazers-knicks

Would we send 8th for Harkless and POR's first rounders? Would Donovan Mitchell, Moe Harkless plus 2 other first round picks be better than just having Isaac or Ntikilina?

I could see POR preferring Isaac or Collins over 3 other lesser picks.

I wouldn't do this. This seems like a sucker trade. We trade down in the 1st round for what? Moe Harkless bad contract and 1 or 2 additional 1st round picks that are past where other players we want will be drafted?

Portland should just send us one of their late 1st round picks to take Harkless' bad contract off their hands for the next 3 seasons.

Broadway

All Star
Knicks looking at POR for Moe Harkless and a 1st rounder.

http://www.blazersedge.com/2017/6/1/15726998/trade-rumors-moe-harkless-blazers-knicks

Would we send 8th for Harkless and POR's first rounders? Would Donovan Mitchell, Moe Harkless plus 2 other first round picks be better than just having Isaac or Ntikilina?

I could see POR preferring Isaac or Collins over 3 other lesser picks.

I would do this if it's for all of their 1st rounders #15, #20, #26 and we don't like who's there at 8 or as you said more bang for buck over Frenchie or Johnny Be Good

mafra

Legend
I would do this if it's for all of their 1st rounders #15, #20, #26 and we don't like who's there at 8 or as you said more bang for buck over Frenchie or Johnny Be Good

That's what I'm thinking.... I think Isaac can be a very good player and it sounds like Ntikilina has the potential to be a good player too. Actually, both of these prospects appear to be solid, 2-way players.

So, it's certainly a tough call. Give me 1 Leonard over 3 Shumperts. But, if Phil likes Harkless and looks at him as another Jae Crowder type, and doesn't want to repeat that mistake....

And, if we feel that all the top guys gone after 7 picks.... and feel content with any of the tier-2 guys going in the 8-15 range.... then why not grab Moe and 2 other picks. Kennard and kid from OR or SC?

Anyway, we would have to be tepid on JI and Frenchie and love the Mitchell types.

But.... Phil tries to trade KP pick.... so, don't be shocked.

Broadway

All Star
That's what I'm thinking.... I think Isaac can be a very good player and it sounds like Ntikilina has the potential to be a good player too. Actually, both of these prospects appear to be solid, 2-way players.

So, it's certainly a tough call. Give me 1 Leonard over 3 Shumperts. But, if Phil likes Harkless and looks at him as another Jae Crowder type, and doesn't want to repeat that mistake....

And, if we feel that all the top guys gone after 7 picks.... and feel content with any of the tier-2 guys going in the 8-15 range.... then why not grab Moe and 2 other picks. Kennard and kid from OR or SC?

Anyway, we would have to be tepid on JI and Frenchie and love the Mitchell types.

But.... Phil tries to trade KP pick.... so, don't be shocked.

Yeah I'd take

Jackson
Mitchell
Thornwell
Harkless

over

Frenchie/JI

mafra

Legend
Yeah I'd take

Jackson
Mitchell
Thornwell
Harkless

over

Frenchie/JI

You kind of have to.... then, trade Lee to DET for their pick (12th). This allows you to send Melo to CLE for Tristan Thompson and a 2021 1st and right to swap first round picks in 2022.

Finally.... you then turn around and either sign Rose or trade him for Rubio.

Then, you sign Otto Potter to an offer sheet and hope WAS doesn't match.

Rubio (or Rose)
Porter
Harkless
KP
Thompson

WHG and Holiday as first 2 off the bench....

Complimented with 4 first round picks on the bench. This is a solid, YOUNG team.

Toss in Lance Thomas and Kuz and you have a decent roster.... start of rebuild.

tiger0330

Legend
I wouldn't do this. This seems like a sucker trade. We trade down in the 1st round for what? Moe Harkless bad contract and 1 or 2 additional 1st round picks that are past where other players we want will be drafted?

Portland should just send us one of their late 1st round picks to take Harkless' bad contract off their hands for the next 3 seasons.
Mo's deal is 40M/4yrs, not a horrible deal by today's standards. A bad contract has to be looked at as one you can't trade, I think you could trade his contract if the Knicks got him. I'd do this deal for CLee and 2 of their firsts.

mafra

Legend
Blake Griffin - F - Clippers
The Celtics will reportedly pursue Blake Griffin and Gordon Hayward during free agency.
"Boston is really the danger for Blake Griffin," said Wojnarowski. "I think Boston's two primary free agent targets, right now, are Gordon Hayward and Blake Griffin. Now they're not going to get both of them, but they're both players that would potentially have interest there. I think Boston looks at in different ways with their future." The Celtics will have the cap space to be able to bring in another max-contract guy during free agency this offseason, so it'll be interesting to see if they're able to pry either Hayward or Griffin away from their respective teams.
Related: Gordon Hayward, Celtics
Source: The Vertical Jun 14 - 1:11 PM

mafra

Legend
Adrian Wojnarowksi of The Vertical believes that LeBron James could leave the Cavaliers in 2018.

"Not only is there no guarantee he?s coming back, I?m not sure there?s an expectation he?s re-signing there," Wojnarowski said. "I think they feel, I think within Cleveland and around the league, they feel that he?s very much in play to leave again and likely head out West to one of the two L.A. teams. The Lakers could very well be a target." Woj mentions the Lakers, Clippers and Heat as potential destinations, and he added that LeBron's title with Cleveland last year means he's "liberated to leave again." LeBron has one year left on his deal with a player option for a second, but the Cavs certainly have a reason to be nervous.
Source: The Vertical Jun 15 - 10:33 AM

-----

Could Lebron, Westbrook, and Paul George all join Ingrham and Walton in LA?

and1

Rotation player
i really don't see why lebron would want to go out west and have to contend against the warriors AND the spurs AND the rockets to get to the finals. it's pretty much a given that he'll reach the finals if he stays in the east. but i guess we'll see.

mafra

Legend
Danny Ainge - C - Celtics
ESPN's Chris Forsberg said that Anthony Davis could be a target for the Celtics.
Davis has three more years left on his deal with the Pelicans, so this seems a bit ambitious. However, the Celtics now own as many as seven first-round picks over the next three years after yesterday's trade with Philly, so they certainly have the assets to make a big splash. While acquiring Davis is probably a pipe dream, expect the Celtics to be linked to the usual suspects such as Jimmy Butler and Paul George.
Source: ESPN Jun 18 - 9:42 AM