Official Trade Rumors Thread

Actually he didn't get enough, he was arguably the best player in their Finals victory over GSW. I applaud him for this move, when is enough enough dealing with all of Lebron's antics. No Lebron will not create a situation where he oky dokes Kyrie...more like jokes on him Kyrie will bounce before him and leave him in shambles.

Melo, Lebron, and Love, finally the big 3 that Cleveland always deserved. Shump's in the back rapping and JR Smith is chucking shots from midcourt because he knows otherwise he'll never see the ball again any closer to the hoop. This is the dream. Melo for Kyrie. Let's make it happen.

Broadway

All Star
Cavs limited in the sense b/c Irving only under their control for this season and next... Tough call, but they should ask for the soon and moon. Then again, who will meet their demands knowing they can sign him soon?

Well this was my reasoning with the Melo situation why would any team other than maybe Rockets(they won't because they know he actually wants to be there) offer much for Melo if he would say, opt out next yr?

One thing to touch on what you just highlighted, at least Kyrie is giving Cleveland a chance to get something for him before he walks and his list is adequate even if suspect, unlike that BUM Durant.

See Kyrie isn't faking it anymore, he isn't going to go with the flow to act like some subservient to another star player who is soon to be on the decline. He wants to play a little differently next to different players and have a prominent role. Kyrie is chucking the dueces now, much respect Kyrie.

KD otoh faked like he liked playing with Westbrook when he didn't and then waited to so long he sold out like sucka leaving him alone.

Last edited:

Broadway

All Star
Melo, Lebron, and Love, finally the big 3 that Cleveland always deserved. Shump's in the back rapping and JR Smith is chucking shots from midcourt because he knows otherwise he'll never see the ball again any closer to the hoop. This is the dream. Melo for Kyrie. Let's make it happen.

For the record I said early on as soon as rumors leaked that Lebron was planning an exit strategy West, that Cleveland's situation was going to get ugly. Maybe they shouldn't have gambled thinking they had time and in the bag, maybe just maybe they should've dealt for Melo last yr.

This is what happens when teams wait too long to makes moves they should've made yrs/mos/weeks/days in advance. It really doesn't pay to wait these days, really it doesn't

mafra

Legend
Well this was my reasoning with the Melo situation why would any team other than maybe Rockets(they won't because they know he actually wants to be there) offer much for Melo if he would say, opt out next yr?

One thing to to touch on what you just highlighted, at least Kyrie is giving Cleveland a chance to get something for him before he walks and his list is adequate even if suspect, unlike that BUM Durant.

See Kyrie isn't faking it anymore, he isn't going to go with the flow to act like some subservient to another star player who is soon to be on the decline. He wants to play a little differently next to different players and have a prominent role. Kyrie is chucking the dueces now, much respect Kyrie.

KD otoh faked like he liked playing with Westbrook when he didn't and then waited to so long he sold out like sucka leaving him alone.

I'm actually shocked he named NYK as 1/4 teams. Maybe he wants to take on the bright lights and stay in the EC... I would think MIL would be better, but not big enough city. Remember, he is from NJ.

This is why we can't take Harkless or Anderson... keep cap space open for Irving when he (and Klay Thompson) are free agents.

Broadway

All Star
I'm actually shocked he named NYK as 1/4 teams. Maybe he wants to take on the bright lights and stay in the EC... I would think MIL would be better, but not big enough city. Remember, he is from NJ.

This is why we can't take Harkless or Anderson... keep cap space open for Irving when he (and Klay Thompson) are free agents.

I think Irving is under contract for a total of 3 seasons including this coming season. I just checked Hoopshype, looks like they are fully guaranteed yrs so theoretically Cleveland could hold him hostage for 3yrs but how would that look on the outside? Pretty bad! Kyrie's value will never be as high as whatever it is now, I really doubt it will. He'll be 28 in 2020 when he's free. Thompson is free the yr prior to. We have no shot of bringing either in by 2019 because Noah/Lee/THJR/Kporzee extension will be on the hook.

mafra

Legend
I think Irving is under contract for a total of 3 seasons including this coming season. I just checked Hoopshype, looks like they are fully guaranteed yrs so theoretically Cleveland could hold him hostage for 3yrs but how would that look on the outside? Pretty bad! Kyrie's value will never be as high as whatever it is now, I really doubt it will. He'll be 28 in 2020 when he's free. Thompson is free the yr prior to. We have no shot of bringing either in by 2019 because Noah/Lee/THJR/Kporzee extension will be on the hook.

NBA Radio said third year was a player option... that might be wrong. If he is under control for 3 seasons, that would change things. CLE has no incentive then... But, if it's just 2.... that might motivate them to move him.

mafra

Legend
"The terms of Cleveland star point guard Kyrie Irving's five-year, $90 million contract will include an early termination option for the 2019-20.... "

Broadway

All Star
"The terms of Cleveland star point guard Kyrie Irving's five-year, $90 million contract will include an early termination option for the 2019-20.... "

Good find Maf, still everything remains about the same for us and them I guess. Kyrie will command a $30mil salary, as of now including #kporzee's QO cap hit multiplier we don't have space and that's adding like literally no one to this team in coming yrs.. We have to move Noah or THJJR(gotta love his deal right?)

mafra

Legend
Good find Maf, still everything remains about the same for us and them I guess. Kyrie will command a $30mil salary, as of now including #kporzee's QO cap hit multiplier we don't have space and that's adding like literally no one to this team in coming yrs.. We have to move Noah or THJJR(gotta love his deal right?)

I think it would require Melo, Lee, and our 2018 1st. That gets us in the ballpark?

Broadway

All Star
I think it would require Melo, Lee, and our 2018 1st. That gets us in the ballpark?

Looks like it will require a little more and we're probably talking about eating salary from them because the numbers have to work. That's $40mil on our end out but only $20mil coming in.

The best way would be via trade but it's going to cost us and we're already tipping our hand on this according to Begley.

mafra

Legend
Looks like it will require a little more and we're probably talking about eating salary from them because the numbers have to work. That's $40mil on our end out but only $20mil coming in.

The best way would be via trade but it's going to cost us and we're already tipping our hand on this according to Begley.

Would a KI, KP, WHG be enough to take ECF next 3-5 years? Conf is open...

Broadway

All Star
Would a KI, KP, WHG be enough to take ECF next 3-5 years? Conf is open...

Nope...we're behind Boston/Bucks/Raps/Wiz easily. Conference is open but not for us and although I think Kyrie has matured a lot...he has no proof of carrying a team as the lone star/main star anywhere, yet alone a Top 4 team.

The team would be capped top heavy and marginal...

Our best course is still to be one of the worst teams in the league, this is another clusterstrarphuch distraction we're falling for yet again.

mafra

Legend
Nope...we're behind Boston/Bucks/Raps/Wiz easily. Conference is open but not for us and although I think Kyrie has matured a lot...he has no proof of carrying a team as the lone star/main star anywhere, yet alone a Top 4 team.

The team would be capped top heavy and marginal...

Our best course is still to be one of the worst teams in the league, this is another clusterstrarphuch distraction we're falling for yet again.

The good news is we haven't dealt or cut Melo yet. Had we done so, we would have no chance at KI.

This just in:

The Cavaliers are finalizing a deal to promote Koby Altman to general manager, according to Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN.com.

The timing is obvious with the Cavs now dealing with the Kyring Irving trade request. The ownership still has some issues to work out, but at least they're making progress up top.
Jul 21 - 6:31 PM

--------
Now, if it were possible to get Irving for Melo, Lee, Frenchie, and a 1st rounder.... this is probably how far I would go.

Irving is 25.... And while he's more of a scoring G than a facilitator.... NYK could go all in on this young core and see what happens in the wide open ECF after next season.

Irving
THJr
KP
WHG

I wouldn't go crazy nor would I wait too long.... I would contact new GM and say that Melo is on verge of being shipped to HOU.... however, if they wanted Melo and 2018 and 2020 1st.... I would hold off and negotiate with them (CLe).

If it happened.... great. If not, move on.

Still, no lock Frenchie and next year's first round pick better for KP, in the long run, than playing with KI for next 5 years.

mafra

Legend
The Knicks and Cavaliers are in serious trade talks focusing on swapping F Carmelo Anthony and PG Kryie Irving with a potential third team involved, reports Yahoo Sports' Jordan Schultz.

ESPN's Ian Begley reports the Knicks are not willing to deal F Kristaps Porzingis, but they would be willing to send future first-round picks with Anthony for Irving.

According to Brian Windhorst of ESPN, Irving has requested a trade from the Cavs, and the Knicks are one of his preferred destinations.

LeBron James was reportedly blindsided by Irving's request, which was made because Irving no longer wants to play second-fiddle to James.

Irving, 25, will earn $18.8 million this coming season, $20 million in 2018-19, and $21.3 million in 2019-20, after which he is eligible to become an unrestricted free agent.

Irving, who averaged 25.2 points and 5.8 assists for the Cavaliers last season, has averaged 21.6 points and 5.5 assists during his six-year career.

The Knicks have recently engaged the Cavaliers in trade talks for Carmelo Anthony, with Cleveland wanting the Knicks to take Kevin Love back in any deal.

When it comes to a team potentially trading for Love, the following is instructive:

Free agents signed this summer cannot be traded until Dec. 15th at the earliest and rookies cannot be traded until 30 days after signing, according to Bobby Marks of ESPN.

Jake Brown | Twitter |

Let's take a look at a potential trade package that would make sense and work financially for the Knicks and Cavs.

KNICKS

Receive: Kyrie Irving, Channing Frye

CAVS

Receive: Carmelo Anthony, Knicks 2018 1st round pick, Eric Bledsoe

SUNS

Receive: Tristan Thompson, Cavs 2018 1st rd pick

Anthony would give the Cavs a star to join LeBron James and Kevin Love and still make them the favorite in the East for at least one more season.

Bledsoe gives the Cavs an immediate replacement for Irving The Knicks get a star point guard to team up with Kristaps Porzingis.

The deal makes perfect sense for all three teams and this is the best win-now return the Cavs would get for Irving.

The Knicks and Cavaliers are in serious trade talks focusing on swapping F Carmelo Anthony and PG Kryie Irving with a potential third team involved, reports Yahoo Sports' Jordan Schultz.

ESPN's Ian Begley reports the Knicks are not willing to deal F Kristaps Porzingis, but they would be willing to send future first-round picks with Anthony for Irving.

According to Brian Windhorst of ESPN, Irving has requested a trade from the Cavs, and the Knicks are one of his preferred destinations.

LeBron James was reportedly blindsided by Irving's request, which was made because Irving no longer wants to play second-fiddle to James.

Irving, 25, will earn $18.8 million this coming season, $20 million in 2018-19, and $21.3 million in 2019-20, after which he is eligible to become an unrestricted free agent.

Irving, who averaged 25.2 points and 5.8 assists for the Cavaliers last season, has averaged 21.6 points and 5.5 assists during his six-year career.

The Knicks have recently engaged the Cavaliers in trade talks for Carmelo Anthony, with Cleveland wanting the Knicks to take Kevin Love back in any deal.

When it comes to a team potentially trading for Love, the following is instructive:

Free agents signed this summer cannot be traded until Dec. 15th at the earliest and rookies cannot be traded until 30 days after signing, according to Bobby Marks of ESPN.

Jake Brown | Twitter |

Let's take a look at a potential trade package that would make sense and work financially for the Knicks and Cavs.

KNICKS

CAVS

SUNS

Anthony would give the Cavs a star to join LeBron James and Kevin Love and still make them the favorite in the East for at least one more season.

Bledsoe gives the Cavs an immediate replacement for Irving The Knicks get a star point guard to team up with Kristaps Porzingis.

The deal makes perfect sense for all three teams and this is the best win-now return the Cavs would get for Irving.

Huh. Is that story for real? We're in serious trade talks to make this happen?

Some clown at yahoo.com tweeted that out (check it out over at theknicksblog.com)

I don't know if I believe it, but I will say this, I hope somewhere out there Morey is panicking and trying to generate his own 3 or 4 team deal to give us something we'd really want for Melo.

tiger0330

Legend

Jake Brown | Twitter |

KNICKS

CAVS

SUNS

This is a way better deal than the Rox deal for Melo, I hope this gets done.

Broadway

All Star
That trade sounds ultra hypothetical no legs at all.

Consistent with Begley has been reporting, Cavs more than likely will seek rebuilding assets