Official Trade Rumors Thread

mafra

Legend
Hill requests trade... lol.... why sign in Sac?

Stephen A Smith said Knicks could?ve had Eric Bledsoe.... PHO wanted Knitikilina but NYK wouldn?t trade the rookie. Untouchable.

Broadway

All Star

Stephen A Smith said Knicks could’ve had Eric Bledsoe.... PHO wanted Knitikilina but NYK wouldn’t trade the rookie. Untouchable.

Interesting to note the media suggested amidst the Kidd firing the Bucks are devoid of talent. Ummmm I guess they don't think much of Bledsoe, although I challenged a few of them on this opinion overall roster-wise. The Bucks traded for Bledsoe early on, I believe before they played their 15th game and it resulted in a coach being fired.

Matter of fact of the 3 coaches who have been fired this yr Bledsoe has played for 2 of them. Bucks are about .500 since acquiring him.

I have a very low opinion of Bledsoe but will say he's not the reason for the Bucks woes.

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend

Stephen A Smith said Knicks could’ve had Eric Bledsoe.... PHO wanted Knitikilina but NYK wouldn’t trade the rookie. Untouchable.
A lot of people like Ntilikina. Untouchable I think not, I don't see it based on the year he's having and from what I see on the floor. Only thing I'll give him is he's 19 and he'll get better but you could say that about every 19 yr old rookie.

If we?re going in the tank, and we pretty much are, the 2 guys to move before the deadline are Lee and Lance Thomas. Those two are on the books for about 20 million each of the next 2 seasons. I don?t expect much return on them, but if we can get expiring contracts in return, that is good enough.

O?Quinn and Kanter both have player options for next year. Neither is going to generate a big return. I want to keep Kanter and then hire a coach who will actually play Kanter in the 4th quarter. If we can get a late 1st round pick for O?Quinn that would be a huge win. Otherwise, I?d take a 2nd round pick and live with it.

Hornacek screwed us with WHG. Before the season, WHG easily would have gotten us a 1st round pick. Now, I think we have to wait and play WHG while in the tank late in the season. Other teams will want WHG by the deadline, but I bet that?s at a 2nd round pick price and screw that.

Broadway

All Star
If we?re going in the tank, and we pretty much are, the 2 guys to move before the deadline are Lee and Lance Thomas. Those two are on the books for about 20 million each of the next 2 seasons. I don?t expect much return on them, but if we can get expiring contracts in return, that is good enough.

O?Quinn and Kanter both have player options for next year. Neither is going to generate a big return. I want to keep Kanter and then hire a coach who will actually play Kanter in the 4th quarter. If we can get a late 1st round pick for O?Quinn that would be a huge win. Otherwise, I?d take a 2nd round pick and live with it.

Hornacek screwed us with WHG. Before the season, WHG easily would have gotten us a 1st round pick. Now, I think we have to wait and play WHG while in the tank late in the season. Other teams will want WHG by the deadline, but I bet that?s at a 2nd round pick price and screw that.

I concur on the two players you mentioned here. Saw a tweet earlier suggesting "we aren't moving Lee unless we get a significant piece back"...lol! Either we're playing our part in negotiations and keeping his value at peak or we're just plain stupid. There's no way you have KCP(free agent target)/THJR/Lee on this roster taking up the amount of cap they will

Hornacek should be fired for the WHG debacle and the lack of youth development. Start naming young players on this team who are thriving under him? Please don't say #kporzee. Although he's done well with Beasley/Lee/Kanter

tiger0330

Legend

Stephen A Smith said Knicks could?ve had Eric Bledsoe.... PHO wanted Knitikilina but NYK wouldn?t trade the rookie. Untouchable.

Read some drivel about why the Knicks drafted Ntilikina from Hornacek. Said they knew some guys were more NBA ready but they were looking at what Nits would be in 5 years. Absolute BS if that was the reason, when have the Knicks had the patience to wait 5 years for a rookie to develop, the decision is going to come in his 2 option years. Didn't know that there are those that think he was the wrong choice because everyone I hear talk about him says he's some kind of defensive wunderkind.

Read some drivel about why the Knicks drafted Ntilikina from Hornacek. Said they knew some guys were more NBA ready but they were looking at what Nits would be in 5 years. Absolute BS if that was the reason, when have the Knicks had the patience to wait 5 years for a rookie to develop, the decision is going to come in his 2 option years. Didn't know that there are those that think he was the wrong choice because everyone I hear talk about him says he's some kind of defensive wunderkind.

I still don?t want DSJ instead of Ntilikina, for reasons we?ve already beaten to death, but no question that at this stage Donovan Mitchell would have been the better choice.

tiger0330

Legend
I still don’t want DSJ instead of Ntilikina, for reasons we’ve already beaten to death, but no question that at this stage Donovan Mitchell would have been the better choice.
Markkanen the guy picked before him is a stud and proving he's NBA ready already starting for the Bulls. DSJ starting and may be a franchise player for the Mavs. We pick a kid that says he can play better but its going to take time, if not this year maybe next year. Knicks were dumb using a lottery pick on him, more a late first or second round selection to me like Frank Mason who has size questions and his ability to compete in the NBA. I think Shump showed more defensive potential than Nits and we picked him at 17.

Markkanen the guy picked before him is a stud and proving he's NBA ready already starting for the Bulls. DSJ starting and may be a franchise player for the Mavs. We pick a kid that says he can play better but its going to take time, if not this year maybe next year. Knicks were dumb using a lottery pick on him, more a late first or second round selection to me like Frank Mason who has size questions and his ability to compete in the NBA. I think Shump showed more defensive potential than Nits and we picked him at 17.

I do think you guys focus your assessments on a player?s offensive output only and not on his complete game. Beasley is one of the best offensive talents of this generation and no one wants him.

To be fair, Shump ended up having a nice career. If Ntilikina can be what Shump would have been without the major injury and with a better focus on honing his basketball skills, then he?ll have a nice career too.

I also think there is an element of picking and choosing when to put focus on these other rookies to make a case for them being good or bad. DSJ shot 3 for 11 tonight and had 4 turnovers in their loss to Houston. He now has 17 turnovers over his last 5 games. Makes it sound like he is struggling, whereas if we instead talked about his points per game it makes it sound like he is doing well.

Similarly, Markkanen had a huge game last time out with 17 boards, but he is still only averaging less than 8 boards per game despite how he has been getting about 30 minutes per game all season. He's also 2 for his last 15 from 3 point range.

Not counting Simmons, only guys from the 2017 NBA draft who in my mind have been consistently good are Tatum, Mitchell, and Kuzma.

Also, and I know I'm stacking posts here in a thread that is supposed to be about trades, but the advanced defensive stats back-up that Ntilikina is already an impact defensive player.

According to NBA.com, Ntilikina has the best defensive rating (points allowed per 100 possessions) on the team with a 102.9 rating. He is followed by Kyle O'Quinn (104.6), McDermott (105.1), and Porzingis (105.7).

And yes, you guessed it, Ntilikina also has the worst offensive rating on the team, so, you know, room to grow...

tiger0330

Legend
Also, and I know I'm stacking posts here in a thread that is supposed to be about trades, but the advanced defensive stats back-up that Ntilikina is already an impact defensive player.

According to NBA.com, Ntilikina has the best defensive rating (points allowed per 100 possessions) on the team with a 102.9 rating. He is followed by Kyle O'Quinn (104.6), McDermott (105.1), and Porzingis (105.7).

And yes, you guessed it, Ntilikina also has the worst offensive rating on the team, so, you know, room to grow...
Part of D is being physical and athletic to block shots and beat guys to spots, he doesn't have the strength nor athleticism to do that, how many chase down blocks has or intercepted a pass with his quickness. He also plays against the other teams second units which likely gives him a higher D rating than if he played against the Walls or Kyries. And I agree with that Warrior broadcaster I heard yesterday that said playing good D is not enough you have to put the ball in the basket in talking about Nits.

Part of D is being physical and athletic to block shots and beat guys to spots, he doesn't have the strength nor athleticism to do that, how many chase down blocks has or intercepted a pass with his quickness. He also plays against the other teams second units which likely gives him a higher D rating than if he played against the Walls or Kyries. And I agree with that Warrior broadcaster I heard yesterday that said playing good D is not enough you have to put the ball in the basket in talking about Nits.

That?s fair. Just like KP, everyone is going to talk crap about Ntilikina until he starts having a more regular impact on games. I would trade Ntilikina in a flash if it got us Kemba Walker without the overall trade being a disaster for us.

I think this idea that Ntilikina, DSJ, and a lot of the other overhyped players from the 2017 NBA draft are ?special? is bogus at this point. This is just like KP?s draft a few years ago. Some of the guys are going to be stars, but a lot of the other guys are going to end up being just good or worse. If you can make an aggressive trade before the shine wears off one of these guys, you might actually get a return instead of the alternative a few years from now (Russell, Okafor, Hezonja, Mudiay, etc.).

Broadway

All Star
I also think there is an element of picking and choosing when to put focus on these other rookies to make a case for them being good or bad. DSJ shot 3 for 11 tonight and had 4 turnovers in their loss to Houston. He now has 17 turnovers over his last 5 games. Makes it sound like he is struggling, whereas if we instead talked about his points per game it makes it sound like he is doing well.

Similarly, Markkanen had a huge game last time out with 17 boards, but he is still only averaging less than 8 boards per game despite how he has been getting about 30 minutes per game all season. He's also 2 for his last 15 from 3 point range.

Not counting Simmons, only guys from the 2017 NBA draft who in my mind have been consistently good are Tatum, Mitchell, and Kuzma.

This is interesting on the subject of "picking and choosing" citing DSJ 3-11fg and 4TOs but then lauding Mitchell although on the same night he shot for 6-21fg while also having 4TOs. Mitchell has been the more consistent rookie pretty convincingly. I think all are in agreement Mitchell deserved to be picked as much as anyone left on the board at 8 but I'll say it again...take all these rookies best gms stack them against each other and Knits still rates low. Also don't let it be lost DSJ is having his best month in ast/stls when coupling in comparison to his previous mos...which suggest he's improving as a point guard offensively/defensively. OTOH this is Knits worse month offensively and more importantly defensively which is what you were hanging your hat on with him.

Heck a kid who often times never gets mentioned anymore on this board Josh Jackson who plays off the bench like Knits...go look at his "game logs" his production best Knits by a wide margin. Like as far as the sunrise is to the sunset.

Iman Shumpert while kudos to him for having a so-called "nice career"(IMO he's pretty underwhelming Cleveland wanted to dump him as soon as they gave him his deal) he wasn't a lottery pick, meanwhile Knits is...thus that's not gonna fly having a "nice career".

Knits needs to be pretty dam good because of our circumstances and quite FRANKLY the league is getting younger and catching up quickly. I'd wager to say Trae Young from Oklahoma is better than our guy right now with the mistmatch on physical metrics and all.

Last edited:

Broadway

All Star

They did bring this out, I also think the players only crew mentioned(althought they were off slightly) they thought Knits played 5gms in a row without scoring but it was actually 4 out of 6gms he didn't and in 3 of them he went 0-for. you don't get free passes for being offensively inadequate especially when you're not bringing it defensively

This is interesting on the subject of "picking and choosing" citing DSJ 3-11fg and 4TOs but then lauding Mitchell although on the same night he shot for 6-21fg while also having 4TOs. Mitchell has been the more consistent rookie pretty convincingly. I think all are in agreement Mitchell deserved to be picked as much as anyone left on the board at 8 but I'll say it again...take all these rookies best gms stack them against each other and Knits still rates low. Also don't let it be lost DSJ is having his best month in ast/stls when coupling in comparison to his previous mos...which suggest he's improving as a point guard offensively/defensively. OTOH this is Knits worse month offensively and more importantly defensively which is what you were hanging your hat on with him.

Heck a kid who often times never gets mentioned anymore on this board Josh Jackson who plays off the bench like Knits...go look at his "game logs" his production best Knits by a wide margin. Like as far as the sunrise is to the sunset.

Iman Shumpert while kudos to him for having a so-called "nice career"(IMO he's pretty underwhelming Cleveland wanted to dump him as soon as they gave him his deal) he wasn't a lottery pick, meanwhile Knits is...thus that's not gonna fly having a "nice career".

Knits needs to be pretty dam good because of our circumstances and quite FRANKLY the league is getting younger and catching up quickly. I'd wager to say Trae Young from Oklahoma is better than our guy right now with the mistmatch on physical metrics and all.

In one post, you guys preach the tank. In the next post, you say that 2nd youngest player in the NBA Frank Ntilikina needs to get good quick. To do what? Lead us to a championship?

On the subject of Shump, that knee injury derailed everything. He was becoming a game changer on defense when it happened. He was never the same after it. The kid stuck it out and is now 7 years into a career and has a ring. So, yeah, nice career. Your boy Mudiay from 2 years ago going to have as nice a career? :)

Bruce Bowen was a career 6 point, 2.8 rebound, and 1 assist per game guy. His defense on the other hand? Worth more than any 20 ppg scorer out there. Dirty SOB too. I loved that guy. I want Ntilikina to be the guard version of Bruce Bowen for us. Let KP, Kanter, Beasley, and THJ do the scoring.

Recent quote from Tony Parker was that Frank Ntilikina is already a ?great defender?. Maybe blowing smoke, maybe we got the real deal on at least one end of the court.

Broadway

All Star
In one post, you guys preach the tank. In the next post, you say that 2nd youngest player in the NBA Frank Ntilikina needs to get good quick. To do what? Lead us to a championship?

On the subject of Shump, that knee injury derailed everything. He was becoming a game changer on defense when it happened. He was never the same after it. The kid stuck it out and is now 7 years into a career and has a ring. So, yeah, nice career. Your boy Mudiay from 2 years ago going to have as nice a career? :)

Mudiay is what many would consider a bust but I feel Malone did him no favors. He even admitted as much last yr. A coach who has now vaulted Jamal Murray ahead of Jokic(who is considerably their best player) and often times a quintessential 6th man in Barton above Jokic, Malone is an oddity and runs a scoring guard centric system. For now you can have that, I've conceded this already in previous posts a while back and have no problem being wrong because with all the analysis on players on this forum no way one can get them all right.

OTOH your arguments have been inconsistent concerning certain players and usually lands on the side of homerism.

Yeah Knits needs to get better quickly. He can be close to Donovan Mitchell good, while we end up in the lottery(Utah most likely is and you'd take him now correct?). Once again an All-Star in #kporzee has led us there twice already so now what? The key is when we land there again we don't want to revisit whether we should be selecting a point guard "a 15yr near outstanding issue" because fans such as yourself "could see him sliding over to the two"....Naaah we drafted him to play POINT GUARD.

Get Better Quickly young fella it's pretty simple. What I do love about Knits and this isn't talked about enough is how high quality of a guy we have. I don't anticipate any foolishness with him, seems wise beyond his yrs.

Mudiay is what many would consider a bust but I feel Malone did him no favors. He even admitted as much last yr. A coach who has now vaulted Jamal Murray ahead of Jokic(who is considerably their best player) and often times a quintessential 6th man in Barton above Jokic, Malone is an oddity and runs a scoring guard centric system. For now you can have that, I've conceded this already in previous posts a while back and have no problem being wrong because with all the analysis on players on this forum no way one can get them all right.

OTOH your arguments have been inconsistent concerning certain players and usually lands on the side of homerism.

Yeah Knits needs to get better quickly. He can be close to Donovan Mitchell good, while we end up in the lottery(Utah most likely is and you'd take him now correct?). Once again an All-Star in #kporzee has led us there twice already so now what? The key is when we land there again we don't want to revisit whether we should be selecting a point guard "a 15yr near outstanding issue" because fans such as yourself "could see him sliding over to the two"....Naaah we drafted him to play POINT GUARD.

Get Better Quickly young fella it's pretty simple. What I do love about Knits and this isn't talked about enough is how high quality of a guy we have. I don't anticipate any foolishness with him, seems wise beyond his yrs.

Not sure how saying I would trade Ntilikina for Kemba or that I like Mitchell better than Ntilikina fits the bill of a homer. Got called a homer about defending KP against the Mudiay fans 2 years ago, too. I defend my positions with numbers, both then and now. Agree to disagree I guess.