Official Trade Rumors Thread

Broadway

All Star
Can't wait to see the ESPN computer rankings for the Knicks this season. Last year they predicted the Knicks would finish under .500 but make the playoffs, you have to think that a team without Stat, JR, Shump and even Dally would rank lower than last years team.

Grant may start at some point this season, he can create his own shot which Calderon can't and I think the Knicks are going with the patient approach with Zinger and bring him along slowly, maybe give him 10-18 minutes a game to start. They have a lot riding on those two, with no first rounder next year and getting off to a slow start in rebuilding through FA Grant and Zinger are the guys that are pivotal to the Knicks turning it around.

When so many teams are still going to be below 0.500 in the East this year, what does it even matter? Either you're in the same class as Cleveland, Atlanta, Chicago, Milwaukee, Toronto, Washington, and maybe Miami and Indiana or you're not.

Our team needs to fight to be more respectable this season so that maybe someone other than tier C or worse free agents will want to play here. We also need to develop Porzingis and Grant. Being better or worse than teams like Orlando this coming season is basically wondering if we're going to win 37 or 27 games.

We might win 30gms that will not be enough to bring difference making free agents here with about $20mil to spend. So if we're not in the upper tier(Top 8) than no we won't get better than a C tier free agent. We have to be clearly a better basketball team to even have a remote chance to avoid the offseason we just endured. I agree we need to develop Grant and #kporzee heavily but we're gonna mess this up too this yr.

tiger0330

Legend
Ish Smith he played for them last year and they bring him back? It's not like a guy that has played for like 10 teams is going change the Sixers. He can pass the rock.

Wroten's knee injury is probably more serious than they thought.

Broadway

All Star
Ish Smith he played for them last year and they bring him back? It's not like a guy that has played for like 10 teams is going change the Sixers. He can pass the rock.

Wroten's knee injury is probably more serious than they thought.

Good points...Sixers situation pretty dire at the moment but they need a point guard badly. Can't have this going on during games

mafra

Legend
Figure Wroten is a cheap risk compared to Jennings. Not in case we're dumping Calderon that is

Agree 100%... Just roll these guys in 1 by 1 until something sticks. Jennings only is viable if they take JC (and we hope he plays for a contract)...

mafra

Legend
The Knicks are interested in signing free agent guard Tony Wroten, according to Ian Begley (Dec. 29).

Other teams are also interested in signing Wroten, who was released by Philly earlier in December.

The Knicks currently have an open spot on the roster.

This season, in eight games for the Sixers, Wroten averaged 8.4 points, 2.5 assists and 2.6 rebounds per game. He also averaged 3.6 turnovers per game.

Keith Schlosser, SNY.TV Twitter | Archive

Wroten would be a really good fit for the Knicks at this point in the season. While there's plenty of competition for his services right now, it's positive just to know New York is expressing interest. That's a sign that Phil Jackson has his finger on the pulse of his squad; they're in desperate need of help at the one.

Though Jose Calderon has improved since the beginning of the season, he hasn't been the most serviceable floor general. Jerian Grant is seemingly struggling to adjust to NBA life, and the Knicks have been playing Langston Galloway more off the ball than not.

New York has a roster spot open, and Wroten is a pass first guard on offense, who, at 6'5", can also create mismatches in his favor on both ends of the floor. In the interest of maintaining flexibility for the future, the Knicks have been hesitant to sign anyone to a long pact recently. Wroten won't require one, but at just 22 year old, he's still a promising youngster worth exploring as a potential piece for the future. He certainly would fit in to what the Knicks are trying to do, all the while giving them a worthwhile option to help aid their existent point guard woes.

After recently departing Philadelphia, Wroten may aim to sign with a contender in the near future instead. Having said that, the Knicks are closer to competing than the 76ers at this point. Perhaps that, along with a reliable role and a chance to be depended on in New York, will result in some mutual interest.

mafra

Legend
Article in NY Post todAy says Knicks looking into signing Jimmer and / or Wroten this Tuesday (when 10 day contracts can begin being offered). Wroten even hinted as much in a tweet.

tiger0330

Legend
Article in NY Post todAy says Knicks looking into signing Jimmer and / or Wroten this Tuesday (when 10 day contracts can begin being offered). Wroten even hinted as much in a tweet.
Only makes sense to sign them if they play. If all they do is take up space on the bench why bother. I'm still hoping they can pull off a deal for Jennings and trade Calderon, JC has definitely upped his trade value this season so unlike last year maybe they can deal him.

skisloper

Starter
Only makes sense to sign them if they play. If all they do is take up space on the bench why bother. I'm still hoping they can pull off a deal for Jennings and trade Calderon, JC has definitely upped his trade value this season so unlike last year maybe they can deal him.

Knicks are going after Darren Collison on the Kings.

tiger0330

Legend
Cavs fire Coach Blatt. 1 year coach that made it to the Big Show, his firing surprises me. I thought they would give him more rope.

Asst. Coach Lue takes over with new multi-year deal.

Broadway

All Star

Teague has talent but far too often plays as if he's just here to collect a paycheck. Not a move that gets me excited(more than likely as IB pointed out we don't have the juice) but it could shake things up a bit.

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend

Teague has talent but far too often plays as if he's just here to collect a paycheck. Not a move that gets me excited(more than likely as IB pointed out we don't have the juice) but it could shake things up a bit.
JC for Teague, love it. But like you say Broadway not enough juice to get it done, what could the Knicks add that might interest the Hawks, Galloway? Would hate to lose him.

Kiyaman

Legend
Jeff Teague likes to control the pace of the tempo at a fast speed to get easy transition scoring, there is no way Teague is going to agree to playing with a slow motion $124M carmelo anthony, Melo has a 10 year habit of walking the ball up court to set up a play for himself.
For 3 successful seasons PG-Teague and PG-Dennis Schroder has made a name for themselves by keeping the Hawks as a fast pace transition team.
So far none of the FA PG has looked in the the Knicks direction in the offseason for a very long time.
And I don't see any veteran PG fallin for Melo so-call change this season either, unless Melo make it pass the first round.

Trading a top PG or a top Center is not the same as trading a average player .. Rondo prove that last year.

Broadway

All Star
Jeff Teague likes to control the pace of the tempo at a fast speed to get easy transition scoring, there is no way Teague is going to agree to playing with a slow motion $124M carmelo anthony, Melo has a 10 year habit of walking the ball up court to set up a play for himself.
For 3 successful seasons PG-Teague and PG-Dennis Schroder has made a name for themselves by keeping the Hawks as a fast pace transition team.
So far none of the FA PG has looked in the the Knicks direction in the offseason for a very long time.
And I don't see any veteran PG fallin for Melo so-call change this season either, unless Melo make it pass the first round.

Trading a top PG or a top Center is not the same as trading a average player .. Rondo prove that last year.

Actually that's what he should be doing more of but plays too laid back at times and aloof. I believe this is the very reason he's on the block because the team doesn't have any idea which Teague will show up from game-to-game.

Kiyaman

Legend
Actually that's what he should be doing more of but plays too laid back at times and aloof. I believe this is the very reason he's on the block because the team doesn't have any idea which Teague will show up from game-to-game.

Atlanta is a 3 or 4 seed team with Teague this season, without Teague 6th to 8th seed.
If anything, the Hawks are using Teague name to get into talks to find out who really is on the Block.

Is Love back on Block?
Are Clippers gonna depart with Blake?
Is Houston gonna finish the season with Ty Lawson?
What will Detroit get for Jenning?
Does brother Morris still want to be traded?