Page 75 of 116 FirstFirst ... 2545556970717273747576777879808195105 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 1733
    Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by and1 View Post
    the more i think about it, the more i get the feeling that signing sessions is part of a move to trade melo to houston without having to include any future 1st rounders.
    how does that work?? somebody , somewhere has to take ryan anderson and his 61m.... u gotta ask yourself, who's the einstein that gave this slow,no "D" white boy, who aint that great of a shooter this contract... and who wants him....

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by paris401 View Post
    how does that work?? somebody , somewhere has to take ryan anderson and his 61m.... u gotta ask yourself, who's the einstein that gave this slow,no "D" white boy, who aint that great of a shooter this contract... and who wants him....
    The Einstein is Daryl Morey because even a good GM couldn't predict a future where 2 members of team banana boat wanted to be on his payroll.

okay, maybe it won't work for a trade situation - although i still think it could, i got a hunch d'anphony would like someone like sessions to back up harden and paul - but i still don't think this is a terrible signing.
    let me ask you guys something. if we fully tank this season and get a top pick, in the end guys like KP, hernangomez, kuz, baker, nitty obviously, dotson and even o'quinn still won't have any playoff experience.
    which do you think is more important? full-on tank and getting MAYBE a top 5 pick? and think about this, because as knicks fans we know we won't get the pick our record ends up reflecting. it'll be worse.
    or, is it more important to maybe win enough games to actually GET IN the playoffs and give these younger dudes some experience in there?
    i'm very curious to hear what folks think about that.
    blame vegas

Joe Vardon of the Cleveland Plain Dealer said the Cavaliers have named their price for Kyrie Irving.

Per Vardon, the Cavaliers want a veteran starter, a blue chipper on a rookie contract and a first-round pick for the superstar PG. Vardon adds that the Cavs are "working diligently to make Irving happy" and that they intend to grant his trade request. One possible destination is Phoenix with the Suns offering Eric Bledsoe and a 2018 first-round pick (via Miami), but they are not willing to include Josh Jackson which is a major roadblock for this potential trade.

-------
    Would anyone deal Melo, Ntikilina and our 2018 1st? Sounds like this is the price.... who else will meet those demands and have what cLE wants?

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    Joe Vardon of the Cleveland Plain Dealer said the Cavaliers have named their price for Kyrie Irving.

Per Vardon, the Cavaliers want a veteran starter, a blue chipper on a rookie contract and a first-round pick for the superstar PG. Vardon adds that the Cavs are "working diligently to make Irving happy" and that they intend to grant his trade request. One possible destination is Phoenix with the Suns offering Eric Bledsoe and a 2018 first-round pick (via Miami), but they are not willing to include Josh Jackson which is a major roadblock for this potential trade.

-------
    Would anyone deal Melo, Ntikilina and our 2018 1st? Sounds like this is the price.... who else will meet those demands and have what cLE wants?
    That price makes me think of us, Phoenix, Boston, and Philly (except substitute another young blue chipper for the veteran). I don't think we should do it, because, to put it bluntly, putting Kyrie on this team with his score-first mindset and terrible defense (not to mention he thinks the world is flat) would basically put us right into another Melo-type era.

That said, a price of Melo, Ntilkina, and one 1st round pick is very reasonable for an All-Star player.
    Last edited by htr10; Jul 30, 2017 at 10:34.

Quote Originally Posted by htr10 View Post
    That price makes me think of us, Phoenix, Boston, and Philly (except substitute another young blue chipper for the veteran). I don't think we should do it, because, to put it bluntly, putting Kyrie on this team with his score-first mindset and terrible defense (not to mention he thinks the world is flat) would basically put us right into another Melo-type era.

That said, a price of Melo, Ntilkina, and one 1st round pick is very reasonable for an All-Star player.

Melo tread all over again? aren't we supposed to be rebuilding?

Veteran

Honest answers. Does anyone want us to push hard to trade for Kyrie Irving, including Ntilikina in the package, because then we won't have to worry anymore that we screwed up taking Ntilkina over Summer League darling DSJ?

Quote Originally Posted by htr10 View Post
    Honest answers. Does anyone want us to push hard to trade for Kyrie Irving, including Ntilikina in the package, because then we won't have to worry anymore that we screwed up taking Ntilkina over Summer League darling DSJ?
    i'm not worried that we screwed up drafting nitty over DSJ in the first place, but i seem to be in the very small minority there haha.
    so i guess my answer is no. i don't want to include nitty in the trade deal, ESPECIALLY if it also costs us a future 1st rounder next summer. i don't want to do the cavs anymore favors. at least nitty can play defense.
    nah, i like kyrie and i'd be excited if he came to the knicks, but i don't want to give up too much for him. he can always sign with us when he becomes a free agent if it's true how bad he wants to come here. by then we'll have a good idea of what nitty's potential can and will be.
    blame vegas

12th man

Kyrie Irving was a BUST first round pick in Cleveland his first two seasons in the NBA .. I don't know what level of ball Kyrie could perform without having Lebron-Lebron running the show for 40 minutes a night .... and I don't want to find out having Kyrie in a Knicks uniform .. let Phoenix or the next NBA Team give shoot-first Kyrie the chance to lead their point.

12th man

I would not give up Frank Nitty defensive prowness for no defense Kyrie in a one on one trade .. its bad enough we are stuck with no defense Tim Hardaway Jr for the next few years

According to Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN, Kristaps Porzingis has emerged as a "primary target" for Cleveland as they consider possible trade scenarios involving Kyrie Irving.

Wojnarowski notes the Knicks are not currently interested and would only consider such a trade if the Cavs were also willing to take back Joakim Noah's contract. However, Woj does state that New York may consider moving KP at some point if the relationship between Porzingis and the team doesn't improve. "There continues to be distance between Porzingis and the organization, and how the Knicks truly value Porzingis' future could become clearer once they're together to begin the season," writes Wojnarowski.

----/

Kyrie Irving - G - Cavaliers
    The Celtics have expressed interest in Kyrie Irving but have not yet made a formal offer, according to Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN.
    The Cavs are determined to get back a young, promising player in any potential Irving trade, as they are unsure if LeBron James will re-sign next summer. The Celtic they are reportedly keen on is Jayson Tatum. Boston certainly has the assets to make a very tempting offer, but the fact that the two teams are likely to again meet in the Eastern Conference Finals complicates the situation. Wojnarowski believes the Cavs may wait until September before engaging in "aggressive conversations."

I wonder if I would do KP, Noah and ... for KI, Thompson and a 1st.

Getting 3 years of KP for 2 of KI is why I want the 1st;

But, dumping Noah, sliding WHG to PF and having TT as the rim protector.... With a backcourt of THJr and KI.... then have Melo at SF (or MB).... not bad.

The Cavaliers also have interest in acquiring Jayson Tatum of the Celtics, Josh Jackson of the Suns, and Jamal Murray of the Nuggets in exchange for Irving, accordrding to Wojnarowski.

-----

Of course, unless NYK gets a sweet deal.... they can just wait 2 years and sign a 27-yr-old Irving, bringing him to NY at no cost (as it relates to assets).

Veteran

Cavs can demand whatever blue chip return they want for Irving. The more you dig into Irving and what he brings to your team's bottom line (i.e., wins), the less he seems like he is worth the price tag.

No one knows what KP might become in this league. Even if you don't like his game, you can see his ceiling is as high as any young player in the league. Our franchise gives him up now, we deserve what we get.