Official Trade Rumors Thread

Broadway

All Star
Mafra I hear you about Ntilikina. He said one half season isn't going to define him but what if he's averaging 6 pts at the end of the season, do you throw in the towel on him then. He might not develop until he's 22 if we don't see improvement this year which means we don't pick up his option next Oct. I'd look to deal him if and get what we can for him if he doesn't improve any more this year, it's up to Fiz that he gets adequate PT for him to fully develop.

First I won't deny defense would be an issue but let's stop acting as if Knits is solving them, he isn't. Matter of fact the talk of late about Knits' game has been his porous defense. KnicksFilmSchool has many clips showing how bad his defense has been.

With that being said what I find comical especially with our fan base how much we want to hold on to guys that haven't proved much or shelf life is fleeting but will in the same breath criticize teams who have been toiling in their rebuilding efforts. Well don't you think one of the reasons they toil because they hold on to fringe prospects too long? Ummmmmm don't Knick fans criticize the Celtics constantly for not clearing what could be clutter(young prospects) and swinging big? Yet all they've done is remain relevant for the past 3-4yrs.

Meanwhile Knits/Robinson/Knox/Trier/Dotson/Kornet/New Draft Pick are not all going to be great when we add #kporzee. And some of you want to keep THJR and Kanter. lol come on we as a fan base aren't being reasonable nor logical here. Open admission that Knox isn't a defensive stalwart but let's praise him to no end for a 1 dimensional trait?

Matter of fact I doubt any of the above outside of #kporzee will be All-Stars with exception of the New Draft Pick. We can't pay all of them either going forward. Someone has to go especially if any of these reclamation projects are retained. One last thing this league isn't playing a lick of D anyway. The league is doing everything to do away with it. I know it's important but we are going a bit overboard thinking some 20yr old will save us on that side of the ball.

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
Mafra I hear you about Ntilikina. He said one half season isn't going to define him but what if he's averaging 6 pts at the end of the season, do you throw in the towel on him then. He might not develop until he's 22 if we don't see improvement this year which means we don't pick up his option next Oct. I'd look to deal him if and get what we can for him if he doesn't improve any more this year, it's up to Fiz that he gets adequate PT for him to fully develop.

What Mafra Blog are putting out there .. are puppet coach Fizdale refuse to develop the 2nd season Frank into a 30 minute NBA PG because it will interfere or prevent the Knicks front-office from TANKING the 2018-19 season for a low lottery pick.
Developing Frank & Dotson into a 2-Way offense/defense tandem back-court would be a very EASY task this season.
Frank showed us in his rookie season how valuable his performance in the 4th quarter could win games having two or three teammates on the same-page with him in a lineup.
Dotson has showed us he can excel on both ends of the court having ball-movement and screens in the offense, and a defensive partner in the backcourt (Frank), plus having a defensive paint stopper (MitchRob) to make opponents slashers think twice.
Having these 3 players in the same lineup for 6 to 8 minutes straight in a quarter for 3 quarters a game for 30 or more games this season, would be considered a "Developing Young-core player season".

GS Warriors ex-head coach Mark Jackson in his first season coaching the Warriors won 47 games by giving a trio of players Curry, Klay, and David Lee 9 straight minute of playing-time together in each quarter to get the trio on the same-page. The season before GS hired Mark Jackson the GS Warriors were a 23 win season team being coach the same as the Knicks are being coached in the 2018-19 season.

Puppet coach Fizdale are not exploiting and not developing the individual winning-skills of each Knick player in his foolish coaching to TANK the season.
So far in just half of the Knick 2018-19 season it look to be a wasted season for Knick fans and Knick players learning nothing about team-offense or team defense .. The Knicks 10-34 Record speaks clarity of Fizdale's system !!!

And Broadway .... Tired-KP has never showed to be a winning player on offense or defense.
I have watch several NBA guards box-out Tired-KP to grab rebounds over him .. Tired-KP has never been a star player!
In another Knick forum someone put up a Hypothtical question thread "would you trade KP for Doncic?".
Doncic rookie performance in half of a season in the NBA has been a top shelf (Larry Bird/Magic Johnson) performance.
Tired-KP been in the NBA for 3 season, and does not have half the skills Doncic has shown in just a half of season.
So a healthy KP will not bring wins next season, and Zion or Barrett will be raw rookies, and star FA are allergic to the LOSER Knick organization. FACTS !!!

mafra

Legend
Offer KP and Knits!

According to ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski , Anthony Davis has requested to be traded.
There it is. Davis' agent, Rich Paul, informed the Pelicans that Davis will not sign a contract extension and he's already had conversations with teammates about his decision. It's a huge blow to the franchise, as Davis' request reduces New Orleans' leverage in trade talks. We're obviously going to hear Davis' name linked to the Celtics and Lakers initially, but it's important to note that Boston can't trade for him until the summer (due to a CBA rule) with Kyrie Irving on the roster and the Lakers don't have a lot of quality trade assets. With this news, it makes a lot of sense for fantasy owners to hold onto Jahlil Okafor given his strong play over his last four games. Davis is still under contract through the 2019-20 season, so it will be interesting to see their level of urgency in getting a deal done -- Woj is reporting that New Orleans has no desire to trade Davis before this year?s trade deadline.

mafra

Legend
AD trade works for Timmy Jr, Lee, MRob, Knits, Dotson, and Trier. Toss in 2019 first.

This leaves Knicks with KP, Knox, and Mudiay plus have enough to make a run at Kawhi.

Mudiay
Kawhi
Knox
KP
Davis

My questions is:

Would you prefer sending KP with our 2019 first or package of young kids (Knits, MRob, Trier, and Dotson).

Anyway... if Knicks procur a top 3 pick, our offer should be competitive. Might even be more than what LAK/BOS can offer (or is willing to offer).

Supposedly, this is why we?ve been accumulating assets... to be a player in a mega deal, knowing that free agency is a crapshoot.

I?m more inclined to keep the young kids and offer KP... then we can still be in on KD. No way KP, KD, AD fit together.

Broadway

All Star
AD trade works for Timmy Jr, Lee, MRob, Knits, Dotson, and Trier. Toss in 2019 first.

This leaves Knicks with KP, Knox, and Mudiay plus have enough to make a run at Kawhi.

Mudiay
Kawhi
Knox
KP
Davis

My questions is:

Would you prefer sending KP with our 2019 first or package of young kids (Knits, MRob, Trier, and Dotson).

Anyway... if Knicks procur a top 3 pick, our offer should be competitive. Might even be more than what LAK/BOS can offer (or is willing to offer).

Supposedly, this is why we’ve been accumulating assets... to be a player in a mega deal, knowing that free agency is a crapshoot.

I’m more inclined to keep the young kids and offer KP... then we can still be in on KD. No way KP, KD, AD fit together.

If we offer #kporzee in any scenario there is no reverse course of action. It has to be an absolute seal of a deal move. A deal not consummated, results in disaster heading towards the summer with his camp.

mafra

Legend
If we offer #kporzee in any scenario there is no reverse course of action. It has to be an absolute seal of a deal move. A deal not consummated, results in disaster heading towards the summer with his camp.

I?m pretty sure this is all a ploy to get him to LA. NO probably won?t start the process until after the season... we shall see. Anyway, I do believe we have as good an offer as anybody... especially if we snag a top 3 pick.

But, yeah... send them KP then sign KD!

Broadway

All Star
I?m pretty sure this is all a ploy to get him to LA. NO probably won?t start the process until after the season... we shall see. Anyway, I do believe we have as good an offer as anybody... especially if we snag a top 3 pick.

But, yeah... send them KP then sign KD!

To be quite honest we might have the best possible package to present but the trade probably explodes with assets on both sides. Here's the kicker #kporzee becomes the player with the most juice in all of this because if he doesn't want to extend with Pels then he makes our package far less appealing over say Boston and LA(I'm hearing Pels want Boston to trump all potential offers come summer). Again should've extended him this summer...OH WELL!

Pes probably want pick and #kporzee...we'd ask for AD/Randle/pick.

If Jrue is part of package he needs to be routed somewhere else I do not want his deal.

tiger0330

Legend
KP for AD, that would be a blockbuster deal I would love to see. It would be a risk because you're going to lock up KP either with an extension or matching his restricted offer and AD wants to leave the Pels because they aren't winning. I doubt we're winning anything with this roster and AD, I could see him walking away when he hits FA in 2020.

mafra

Legend
To be quite honest we might have the best possible package to present but the trade probably explodes with assets on both sides. Here's the kicker #kporzee becomes the player with the most juice in all of this because if he doesn't want to extend with Pels then he makes our package far less appealing over say Boston and LA(I'm hearing Pels want Boston to trump all potential offers come summer). Again should've extended him this summer...OH WELL!

Pes probably want pick and #kporzee...we'd ask for AD/Randle/pick.

If Jrue is part of package he needs to be routed somewhere else I do not want his deal.

If NY gets a top 3 pick, then we are definite players bc Zion or Ja or RJ are more attractive then anything BOS or LAK will be willing to offer.

The main issue might be... would NY dondeal without an extension... and/or... will AD sign extension with us?

mafra

Legend
AD wants to play for a contender. He is going to be pissed if he gets traded to our awful team.

Depends on the scenario, I mean... if KP is here and we sign Kyrie or Kawhi... I?m sure he accepts trade to NY and signs extension.

How good will LA be, if they guy team to acquire him and LJ is 36?

I mean, they can sign KD and be good... but not light years better... given Lj?s age.

NO will do everything possible to prevent sending AD to LAK. Maybe NY and NO swap KP for AD without extensions?

mafra

Legend
1 thing to consider, with the fact BOS can?t trade for AD until July 1 (bc they have Kyrie)...

Ainge has coveted AD for a few years.... if BOS senses LAK won?t repeat the PG-13 mistake, and will forfeit Ball-Kuzma-Hart-Ingram for AD...

Would BOS trade Irving?

Whispers surfacing again Irving is leaning towards leaving BOS....

Irving to NYK
AD to BOS
Assets to NO

In this Scenario, NY could get Irving fairly
Cheaply...

Gonna be a fun 10 day ride...

paris401

Starter
davis makes 25m... exactly how to we match salaries??? timmy...ha... who the fuk wants him... our young guys ... they make no $$$... KP... so u guys propose NO taking a guy who hasn't played in a yr n coming off a major injury.. n he makes under 6m... hey i'd give em our whole team plus our pick... plus the coach n front office... but does anyone really believe he wants to come here??

and all these scenarios of AD coming here, then we get leonard, or irving signs here ... the problem is... signing the 1st guy , then the others will come.. thats the key signing the 1st one... n since Me-Lo we havent signed a tier 1 FA, n as we saw even with Me-Lo no one followed him to ny...

mafra

Legend
I seriously doubt it occurs, and I?m certainly not investing myself emotionally in the possibility of it happening... but, boy, what sweet and juicy revenge would it be...

Knicks send a package of stuff to NO for AD. They end of signing KD and Kyrie.
Suddenly, Knicks are best team in NBA with the stud trio of AD-KD-KI... even better than this, LeBron is stuck in LA with Brandon Ingram and Lonzo Ball.
Man, that?s comeuppance... take that LJ,
for a career dissing NY at every opportunity... now he rots and wastes his final years in Hollywood.

paris401

Starter
I seriously doubt it occurs, and I’m certainly not investing myself emotionally in the possibility of it happening... but, boy, what sweet and juicy revenge would it be...

Knicks send a package of stuff to NO for AD. They end of signing KD and Kyrie.
Suddenly, Knicks are best team in NBA with the stud trio of AD-KD-KI... even better than this, LeBron is stuck in LA with Brandon Ingram and Lonzo Ball.
Man, that’s comeuppance... take that LJ,
for a career dissing NY at every opportunity... now he rots and wastes his final years in Hollywood.

yesss that would shove a large... (pick your object) up LJ's a$$.... and would be ... S W E E T ...

tiger0330

Legend
When it comes to tradeable assets, the Celts are one of the richest teams. Horford, Hayward, and draft picks. Only guy I think is untouchable is Tatum. Lakers because LeBron is there and Paul is his rep as well as AD or BOS are the 2 places he winds up.

mafra

Legend
Word already leaked AD doesn?t want BOS...
He would consider NY though. Is this a LJ leak?

Anyway...

Hayward isn?t worth his mega contract. I bet BOS trades first rounders to dump that contract soon enough. Horford is on verge of retirement.

If you are NO, do you really want a 35 yr old Al, who will want out the moment he arrives.

To me, it?s all about Tatum. And, even with Tatum... I would prefer a rookie Zion over a 3rd year Tatum. Why? Even though he?s more proven, he?s also closer to walking as a free agent anyway.

The team that locks up the number 1 pick is in the best position.

Heck, if I am running NO I want MRob or that young C in LA over Al H.

BOS picks are nice, but they aren?t lottery picks. 1 lottery pick is worth 3 mid to late round picks, on the value chart.

mafra

Legend
Bleecher Report Rick Bucher

?One Eastern Conference executive cautioned that Paul might not have the same sway to deliver Davis as he did with LeBron. "The dad is going to have a say," the source said, referring to Anthony Davis Sr., who apparently is weighing the vast business potential of his son as the King of New York as opposed to the Prince of Bel-Air.?

Davis is definitely interested in NY...

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...um=referral&utm_campaign=programming-national

Meanwhile....

Sporting. Sea says NY has a serious and real shot at Durant

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sp...riors-anthony-davis/xlmcwh17sctb1c0nfzvrw9i4n

mafra

Legend
AD ain?t stupid... he won?t be a LJ puppet. He?s 25 and NY has a super young roster, and with KD and KW and KI on the loose... think what MIA did...

If you have 1 legitimate potential all star... and you sign 2 of NBA top 10 players... you automatically become a title contender.

KP or Zion with a few of our guys... with AD and another star... good players and vets will run here to fill out roster.

So, you?re saying there?s a chance?

Messier... Jeter... Reggie... Clyde... LT... AD will be legendary if he delivers in NY.