Official Trade Rumors Thread

rady

Administrator
Staff member
The Memphis Grizzlies have agreed to trade center Marc Gasol to the Toronto Raptors in exchange for Jonas Valanciunas, Delon Wright, CJ Miles and a 2024 second-round pick, league sources told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski on Thursday.

The 34-year-old Gasol is averaging 15.7 points, 8.6 rebounds and a career-high 4.7 assists this season -- which ranks second among league centers, trailing only Nikola Jokic (7.7). He is the Grizzlies' franchise leader in points, rebounds, blocks and field goals made.
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25945881/memphis-grizzlies-trade-marc-gasol-toronto-raptors

Some really good trades

Bucks/Sixers/Raps are trying to win applying serious pressure on the Celtics but I find it interesting no one has stepped up to trade for our players who we feel are so valuable? Hmmmmmmm

Why trade for them when we?ve seemingly made it public that we are going to buy them out? Really great player and front office strategy by us. I guess you can?t seem too crafty when you?re on the 70 loss train.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Woj said:
Orlando is trading for Markelle Fultz, league source tells ESPN. The Magic are sending Jonathan Simmons, a first-round and a second-round pick to the Sixers, per sources.

Another trade by the Sixers

Broadway

All Star
Why trade for them when we?ve seemingly made it public that we are going to buy them out? Really great player and front office strategy by us. I guess you can?t seem too crafty when you?re on the 70 loss train.

The buyout talk was a leak from agent(s) to essentially kill value. If we would've been more forward thinking we would've traded prior to it getting that far, say in Kanter's case. Wesley was a little more challenging due to short window and salary to make a deal work heard he's likely headed to the Pacers once waived.

Vonleh probably could've been dealt to the Sixers but we probably thought his value to be more than necessary, which is a stronger sign we want to resign him. Hezonja could've been dealt too, if Stanley Johnson, Thon Maker, Staukus(twice I believe), we could've moved him. I think we might extend the QO to Mudiay and hope he doesn't get a deal elsewhere to resign on the cheap

This all aligns with Steve Mills msg earlier in the yr.

Kiyaman

Legend
I hope Kanter finds a nice new team to torture with daily complaints. We obviously have at least a decade of him trolling us on social media ahead of our franchise.

Once upon a time .. Every NBA team had its own type of system and style that were very different from the rest of the NBA teams.
Today, all NBA teams seem to have the same system as their opponents, some better and some worst.
Back in the Daze .. A team having two centers with Kanter offensive-skills and D.Jordan defensive-skills in their rotation were a dominating winning team u would see in the post-season games !!!

Once upon a time .. Every NBA team had its own type of system and style that were very different from the rest of the NBA teams.
Today, all NBA teams seem to have the same system as their opponents, some better and some worst.
Back in the Daze .. A team having two centers with Kanter offensive-skills and D.Jordan defensive-skills in their rotation were a dominating winning team u would see in the post-season games !!!

You can definitely win with a player like DeAndre Jordan. You can?t win with a player like Kanter. He is an elite low post scorer. An elite offensive rebounder. But, by advanced metrics, Kanter is literally the worst defensive center in the NBA.

Kanter was a fun guy. I liked how he stood up for Ntilikina against Lebron. I wish him well.

Broadway

All Star
He isn't and smart of Ainge not to muddy up the current process by throwing every name out there under the sun like Magic did. They're still trying to win a championship and he doesn't want to rock that boat just yet. The report also said he'll make an offer worthwhile which means if it takes Tatum which it will he'll offer him up without hesitation.

But now we're getting some juicy stuff, check this out

I believe AD would've come here just not sure how bad he wanted to be here...once again when you list 4 teams for the most part there isn't officially a true #1 team, although technically there could be. Why leak this now...oh that's right Lakers backed off talks so now the reset and jockying of leverage starts over again. Sounds like agent leak but this most certainly places #kporzee closer to HELL...lol

Kind of what I’ve been saying...he didn’t have a true #1 overall team besides an attempted force to the Lakers prior to deadline but outside of this it’s fair game

Yeah we’re on his list, the 4 teamer(Lakers, Bucks, Knicks, Clippers) but guess who else is from his own mouth?

The reason why Knits wasn’t traded because we couldn’t get a 1st to throw in an AD deal this summer. Trust he will be a part of this deal should we talk to Pels and with Ferry in charge now, we may have a realistic chance of pulling something off

With that being said not sure if I’d deal for Davis at this point. Celtics assets are going to look a lot more attractive in the coming months! Always maintained they were heavily in play when it came to package offer(the package I feel Pels want most)

Last edited:
AD was asked about the appeal of the Knicks as a trade destination and his answer was ?It?s a great franchise?. Uh, what? I?m calling bull**** on his interest in playing here, unless he somehow knows Durant is coming here this offseason. I love this team but we are not a great franchise.

Kiyaman

Legend
AD was asked about the appeal of the Knicks as a trade destination and his answer was “It’s a great franchise”. Uh, what? I’m calling bull**** on his interest in playing here, unless he somehow knows Durant is coming here this offseason. I love this team but we are not a great franchise.

FA players and FA coaches has always mention signing with the NY Knicks to get the teams they want to sign with to offer them the Knicks high salary.
Durant's AS comment does not sound like he's leaving GS in off-season to sign with a bottom team, especially if GSW win another championship.

Kiyaman

Legend
I can not blame KP for not wanting to resign with the NO Pelicans .. the Pelicans has a small-ball coach Gentry, who has showed repeatedly in his career with the Suns, GSW, and Pelicans that Gentry is clueless of coaching BIG-Man B.ball in the NBA.

I believe the Mavs wanted to make just a even trade of DSJ for Frank with the Knicks. The Mavs are in desperate need a guard that could contend against the western conference many elite guards, and Frank's defensive-depth could provide the defensive-stops at crunch time for a win.

tiger0330

Legend
Done deal w/o the Griz. 33 year old for Oubre and Rivers without any picks coming back, Grunfeld should be fired for this and that 11-18 record. Wiz held the cards on Oubre with him being restricted, Grunfeld should have played out the hand and seen what he would have to match to keep him. Couldn't be any worse than giving up two decent assets for a 33 yr old Ariza on a one year deal. Grunfeld might be left with nothing to show for letting go of Oubre and Rivers next season.
Grunfeld had a long run, longer than he should have had given how much money the Wiz spent and the results they got. Wiz fired him today.