Best realistic scenerio for the Knicks

Paul1355

All Star
There have been several rumors this week with the Pistons (8th pick) and Suns 13th pick willing to part with players such as Eric Bledsoe and Brandon Jennings. However, Charlie Rosen, Jackson's friend, explained in detail how he thinks the Knicks should pursue the draft and free agency.

Now I think we should all remember that for some reason this guy is on this inside with the Knicks. Combining his words and Jackson's..it's clear the Knicks are looking to add multiple big men that can be used in the triangle and on defense.

According to this article...Phil Jackson?s pal?s plan to bulk up the Knicks | New York Post (via http://ble.ac/teamstream-) http://teamstre.am/1MZhPG2

Charlie Rosen suggests the Knicks get Willey Cauley Stein in the draft, giving us a solid defensive big that can be paired with power forward Greg Monroe who lacks defensive skills to man the middle.

We should really consider this approach and we can realistically accomplish this and more.

Jackson could draft stein with the 4th pick or he could trade down, get a starter like Jennings and still have a lottery pick to draft stein..Detroits 8th pick is where stein might be had.

Or we can snag Bledsoe from the suns and use the 13th pick on a big such as Myles Turner or any other big that can play defense and knock down a mid range jumper.

We would then have quality starters and still enough cap space to sign one more good starter.

The rest of the money goes to resigning some guys from last year to fill the bench.

Then my friends, in a weak eastern conference you have a playoff team with Melo surrounded by young quality starters that can finally make use of the triangle.

Half of the guys returning will be familiar with it since they were on the team last year and familiarity in the triangle is key, just ask Shaquille O'Neal.

I believe this is the best realistic route to take in the draft. Hopefully we can dump Calderon contract but Rosen still has faith in him and Jackson might to. Especially since he wants to save face and make the Tyson trade pay off in some ways.

Is this a good idea or realistic?

Does anyone agree these things might happen?

Thoughts?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

tiger0330

Legend
I'm all for trading down and staying in the lottery while getting an established vet. The lottery is a gamble and getting an established vet removes that gamble along with these are 19 year olds that will most likely come off the bench their first year or two.

That Cousins rumor has some potential for the Knicks if the Kings decide to move him we could be that 3rd team to absorb salary in a deal if the Kings trade him to Orlando for Vukevic. We could pick up a draft pick or players in the deal, if I were Divac I would rather move Boogie out of the West to an EC team rather than trade him to the Lakers who play in the same division.

Or trade the 4th pick if the Kings just want to dump salary though the Lakers could offer the 2nd pick but man if I were Divac, I would hate to see the Lakers kicking my butt in the playoffs because they got Boogie.

Last edited:

skisloper

Starter
There have been several rumors this week with the Pistons (8th pick) and Suns 13th pick willing to part with players such as Eric Bledsoe and Brandon Jennings. However, Charlie Rosen, Jackson's friend, explained in detail how he thinks the Knicks should pursue the draft and free agency.

Now I think we should all remember that for some reason this guy is on this inside with the Knicks. Combining his words and Jackson's..it's clear the Knicks are looking to add multiple big men that can be used in the triangle and on defense.

According to this article...Phil Jackson?s pal?s plan to bulk up the Knicks | New York Post (via http://ble.ac/teamstream-) http://teamstre.am/1MZhPG2

Charlie Rosen suggests the Knicks get Willey Cauley Stein in the draft, giving us a solid defensive big that can be paired with power forward Greg Monroe who lacks defensive skills to man the middle.

We should really consider this approach and we can realistically accomplish this and more.

Jackson could draft stein with the 4th pick or he could trade down, get a starter like Jennings and still have a lottery pick to draft stein..Detroits 8th pick is where stein might be had.

Or we can snag Bledsoe from the suns and use the 13th pick on a big such as Myles Turner or any other big that can play defense and knock down a mid range jumper.

We would then have quality starters and still enough cap space to sign one more good starter.

The rest of the money goes to resigning some guys from last year to fill the bench.

Then my friends, in a weak eastern conference you have a playoff team with Melo surrounded by young quality starters that can finally make use of the triangle.

Half of the guys returning will be familiar with it since they were on the team last year and familiarity in the triangle is key, just ask Shaquille O'Neal.

I believe this is the best realistic route to take in the draft. Hopefully we can dump Calderon contract but Rosen still has faith in him and Jackson might to. Especially since he wants to save face and make the Tyson trade pay off in some ways.

Is this a good idea or realistic?

Does anyone agree these things might happen?

Thoughts?

Do not want Jennings....

Swap picks with Phoenix and do Calderon for Bledsoe.....
Then trade 13th pick , 2 second rounders and THJ to Detroit for 8th pick.....

Bledsoe
Melo
Stein
Monroe

Paul1355

All Star
Do not want Jennings....

Swap picks with Phoenix and do Calderon for Bledsoe.....
Then trade 13th pick , 2 second rounders and THJ to Detroit for 8th pick.....

Bledsoe
Melo
Stein
Monroe
That's a lot of dealing but could work

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Would Detroit really take the 13th overall, two second-rounders, and Tim Hardaway Jr. for the 8th pick? Seems like we're fleecing them in that deal since Hardaway Jr. is not that good and second-rounders aren't worth that much. In addition to THJ we'd probably have to give up a solid player - Langston Galloway, who had a good rookie season, would probably have to go in the deal as well, and even then, that might not be enough.

Kiyaman

Legend
Would Detroit really take the 13th overall, two second-rounders, and Tim Hardaway Jr. for the 8th pick? Seems like we're fleecing them in that deal since Hardaway Jr. is not that good and second-rounders aren't worth that much. In addition to THJ we'd probably have to give up a solid player - Langston Galloway, who had a good rookie season, would probably have to go in the deal as well, and even then, that might not be enough.

Detroit could use THJ perimeter scoring ....
Keeping Galloway two-way perfomance as a Knicks .. then
Getting Jennings in a trade on draft night .. then
sellecting Mudiay or Russell with 4th pick gives the Knicks a future trio backcourt to work with

I am ready to trade Melo contract to Sacremento for Cousins & Carl Landry contracts

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Detroit could use THJ perimeter scoring ....
Keeping Galloway two-way perfomance as a Knicks .. then
Getting Jennings in a trade on draft night .. then
sellecting Mudiay or Russell with 4th pick gives the Knicks a future trio backcourt to work with

I am ready to trade Melo contract to Sacremento for Cousins & Carl Landry contracts

I only add Jennings to the team if they take Calderon's contract. Do you think Detroit would take THJ + Calderon for Jennings?