Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    12th man

Glad to see you still posting here instead of on a Hornets site Kiya. I want to see how a twin tower lineup of him an Lopez looks on the floor, I think that's the lineup of the future with Zinger playing the 4 and Lopez the 5. You need a mobile big man like Hakeem was to Sampson with the Rockets for it to work, JVG tried it with Yao Ming and Dikembe with limited success so I want to see whether Zinger plays more like Dirk or Yao.

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post
    Glad to see you still posting here instead of on a Hornets site Kiya. I want to see how a twin tower lineup of him an Lopez looks on the floor, I think that's the lineup of the future with Zinger playing the 4 and Lopez the 5. You need a mobile big man like Hakeem was to Sampson with the Rockets for it to work, JVG tried it with Yao Ming and Dikembe with limited success so I want to see whether Zinger plays more like Dirk or Yao.

I doubt the NBA will ever see a dominate young Twin-Tower talent as the 2nd season 7.4 Sampson and rookie 6.10 Hakeem take a 29 win Houston Rocket team to a 48 win season, plus a visit to the FINALS, again.

Im not looking for Zingis to be anything like Dirk or Yao .. both Dirk and Yao were offensive bigs that became useless on defense in closing games in their career. Their career playoff record is proof.
    Yao only played 30 minute defense vs Shaq, similar to our Carmelo only playing 30 min defense vs Lebron.

Robin Lopez had a nice 2 year run with teammate PF-LaMarcus Aldridge providing 23 pts, 10 rbs, 2ast, 1 blk per game for Portland frontcourt. These are the stats expected from Zingis or Melo in the frontcourt to make the Knicks legit this season.
    Last edited by Kiyaman; Sep 12, 2015 at 12:44.

12th man

EXPECTATION

Pick n Roll (rookie year) 25%
    Pick n Roll (2nd season) 45%
    Pick n Roll (3rd season) unstoppable

How athletic are Gingis
    How creative at the point are Grant
    Are both young players healthy/strong to perform for 3 years without injury

I refuse to put any strong evaluation on our two draft picks until midseason

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by Kiyaman View Post
    EXPECTATION

Pick n Roll (rookie year) 25%
    Pick n Roll (2nd season) 45%
    Pick n Roll (3rd season) unstoppable

How athletic are Gingis
    How creative at the point are Grant
    Are both young players healthy/strong to perform for 3 years without injury

I refuse to put any strong evaluation on our two draft picks until midseason
    I doubt you can say anything about either rookie after Wed. pre-season game. I don't think either Zinger or Grant get more than 10 minutes playing time on Wed. As much as I'd like to see both start esp. Grant for Calderon I don't see it happening until well into the season and if the Knicks do well without them in the lineup, it won't happen this year.

12th man

I doubt you can say anything about either rookie after Wed. pre-season game. I don't think either Zinger or Grant get more than 10 minutes playing time on Wed. As much as I'd like to see both start esp. Grant for Calderon I don't see it happening until well into the season and if the Knicks do well without them in the lineup, it won't happen this year.

I believe coach Fisher will give the rookies Zingis & Grant 20 minutes of playingtime per preseason game.

Im watchin Lou Williams representing the Lakers preseason game ...
    FA Lou Williams woudve been the perfect creative guard for coach Fisher triangle-offense

12th man

Just reading Zinger may start against Brazil. Seems DFish is as curious as I am on how a twin tower combo of Lopez/Zinger plays together. Not sure if Brazil is a real test but if it goes well, roll with it against Washington.

12th man

Just reading Zinger may start against Brazil. Seems DFish is as curious as I am on how a twin tower combo of Lopez/Zinger plays together. Not sure if Brazil is a real test but if it goes well, roll with it against Washington.
    It was only one game but I would scrap the twin towers for this season. From 1 game I like a starting lineup of Lopez/O'Quinn and Zinger/Seraphin as a second unit, might want to play Zinger as the PF with Seraphin as the 5.

12th man

It was only one game but I would scrap the twin towers for this season. From 1 game I like a starting lineup of Lopez/O'Quinn and Zinger/Seraphin as a second unit, might want to play Zinger as the PF with Seraphin as the 5.

All 4 big men mention above I feel are only PF skilled, even Lopez (Mark Gasol 4-1 playoff series vs Blazers).
    Coach Fisher rotation this season should have tandem PF big-men in each lineup no matter how soft n small the NBA are becoming. I don"t believe there are any STARTERS in the 2015 draft selection.

The two games we seen of KP Zingis showed he plays at his best alongside of Lopez.
    I still want Fisher to start/finish with "O"Quinn n Lopez" in the frontcourt lineup the first 20 games.
    The 2nd unit should consist of KP Zingis, Seraphin, n D.Will