marcin_gortat.png

jose_calderon.png
bradley_beal.png

sasha_vujacic.png
john_wall.png

Injury Report

New York Knicks
Washington Wizards
Arron Afflalo - Strained Left Hamstring (OUT)Alan Anderson - Ankle surgery (OUT)
Lou Amundson - Sore lower back (OUT)Martell Webster - Sore right hip (OUT)
Kevin Seraphin - Sore right knee (QUEST)-

Today in Knicks history
2jd2vef.jpg

Octiber 31, 1997Knicks begin 52nd season with a 97-85 win over the Hornets at Charlotte. Three Knicks eclipse the 20 point-mark (Patrick Ewing, 23, Larry Johnson, 22, and John Starks, 20) in leading the squad to its sixth straight opening night win.

Game Preview

New York has been held to 90.1 points and 41.5 percent shooting during the current slide, while Washington has received balanced scoring from Beal (19.0), Wall (18.4) and Marcin Gortat (12.1).

Carmelo Anthony appeared in five of those seven meetings for the Knicks and averaged 23.4 points on 45.2 percent shooting. He's struggled with his shot so far, going 14 for 43 (32.6 percent) and making 1 of 12 from 3-point range.

Anthony scored 25 on Thursday but shot 10 of 27 in a 112-101 home loss to Atlanta. He had 11 points in a 122-97 win the night before in Milwaukee, which marked his first game since a knee injury ended his 2014-15 season in February.

"I kind of prepared myself (for being rusty), but on the flip side of that I want to get it going," Anthony said. "I don't want to try to push it too much. I want to let it come to me naturally and not try to force it out there as far as trying to force my rhythm.

" ... It'll come back. Everything will start clicking for me."

Robin Lopez has been an early bright spot for the new-look Knicks after coming over from Portland in July on a four-year, $54 million contract. He's averaged 13.0 points and made 11 of 16 from the field.

Fellow starter Kristaps Porzingis, the No. 4 overall pick in June's draft, is also scoring 13.0 per game but shooting 33.3 percent.

"(The chemistry) will get there," Anthony said. "We have it some moments and some moments we don't. But it's there and is something that will come around to us."

Kiyaman

Legend
Thanks for Game Thread Rady .. So far Calderon performance is 0-2 in both season games.
Will Calderon wakeup and show some winning hustle at PG vs the Wizards PG Wall

Our brutal schedule to start the season continues. Yet another playoff team from last year. Oh well, we are holding our own so far through one quarter.

Kiyaman

Legend
Fisher is messing up the 2nd unit
Grant, Gallo, D.Will, Quinn, and ??? not crazy about Lance Thomas in that lineup, but to take Grant (good defense) out after just 3 minutes to put Calderon in .. com'on

tiger0330

Legend
Fisher is messing up the 2nd unit
Grant, Gallo, D.Will, Quinn, and ??? not crazy about Lance Thomas in that lineup, but to take Grant (good defense) out after just 3 minutes to put Calderon in .. com'on
I haven't figured out if Fish has any method to his madness for his subs, he had JC subbing for Grant for a couple of mins while the 2nd unit was in there.

tiger0330

Legend
Calderon and Melo having decent games. He's been testy with everyone saying he should be replaced in the lineup, making baskets is the only way he's going to quiet his critics, he needs to shoot.

Kiyaman

Legend
Last year it was Galloway showing he belong in the NBA .. tonight Galloway is showing us he belong in the starting lineup, and O'Quinn is showing us he belong in the starting lineup.