Game Thread: New York Knicks @ Washington Wizards 7:00pm 10/31/2015

jimkcchief88

All Star
Melo was ballin:) no clue what Sasha was doing on the floor in crunch time besides shooting airballs but a win is a win. Fish still trying to figure out his rotation but he needs to give our young backcourt more PT. Still a quality win hush my mouth this team ain't that bad:)

tiger0330

Legend
Mafra, I know we've been talking about the rookies, KAT was the first teenager ever to put up a double double his first two NBA games with a 28/14 game yesterday. Might have changed the whole dynamic for the Knicks if we could have drafted him at one. Wouldn't have had to overpay for Rolo and had a starting C at rookie scale for 4 years preserving about 8M/yr in cap space for 2016. Zinger is OK but he's no KAT, KAT looking like a stud after 2 games.

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
Good game from Melo but probably bigger impact Galloway. He made some huge shots and hustle plays.

Melo who? The Washington Bullets/Wizards game last night were the best stats Melo had as a Knicks, and this is Melo 6th season as a Knicks. The morning sports page on the Knicks are PHONEY ...
"Anthony's 37 points lead Knicks to 117-110 win over Wizards" PHONEY!

Our last 6 games vs the Wizards they beat us badly in all 6 games do to Melo's poor leadership, and Melo's poor decision making in the final quarter.
This game was different .. In the forth-quarter Fisher finally put our win-win 3 guard offensive lineup on the court "Grant GALLOWAY and Sasha" to produce STOPS on the Wiz offensive trio weapons "Wall, Beal, Porter" to out-score the Wizards 30-20 in the 4th quarter for the WIN. Knicks Defense Won the game.

You know Clyde said in one of those pre-season games that the team wouldn't score much more than the 91ppg they scored last season. I said he was wrong, but even a guy that bleeds O&B like Clyde can be wrong.

Tiger .. Clyde was right! If Fisher let Melo control the offense then the Knicks would never PUSH the ball.
Melo ONLY knows how to play half-court offense, fast-break hustle points are not in Melo's b.ball talent.
Its our 2nd unit that push the ball to give us 30 pts in a quarter to score above 100 pts a game when the bench players are averaging 50 or more points, plus our bench are out-playing our starters on the defensive-end of the court is being notice, their defensive-STOPS contribute to Knicks WINS.

I dont know who is more shook n scared the most from our starter bigs Lopez or KP because in every first-quarter Lopez n KP look lost on both side of the court, until O'Quinn come off the bench n show them what a dominating BIG does on offense n defense to opposing bigs. In the 2nd half of the game Lopez n KP perform like they just stepped out of a phone-booth lol
The Spurs coach Pop and David Robinson were very wise to let a NBA-Ready Star rookie Tim Duncan live in David Robinson house throughout his rookie season, so Tim Duncan could be 100% ready to be a starter his rookie season.
KP does not have any of the resources Tim Duncan had as a rookie to be a starter in the NBA as a rookie.
Phil & Fisher know KP is way over his head as a NBA starter yet they are putting KP in danger-zone (of catching a injury) as the Knicks starter for the season by never putting Lopez and O'Quinn in a lineup together in the past 3 games played.
O'Quinn has only been Lopez backup.

Mafra, I know we've been talking about the rookies, KAT was the first teenager ever to put up a double double his first two NBA games with a 28/14 game yesterday. Might have changed the whole dynamic for the Knicks if we could have drafted him at one. Wouldn't have had to overpay for Rolo and had a starting C at rookie scale for 4 years preserving about 8M/yr in cap space for 2016. Zinger is OK but he's no KAT, KAT looking like a stud after 2 games.

Yeah, Towns is a monster and by the time the draft rolled around, I think many, many people had come around to the idea that no one but him should have even been considered at the #1 pick. Long story short, we missed out thanks to the ping pong balls, but don't worry, Minnesota will screw up with him somehow.

tiger0330

Legend
I would have been OK with the ping pong balls if we had gotten the worst record but to get those 2 meaningless wins so late in the season will always make me think what if we didn't win those 2 games and wound up with the worst record.

Zinger still has time to develop but he's hardly been a guy that has come storming out of the gate like KAT.

JaYnYcE

Benchwarmer

Porzingis will have a better career than KAT when its all said and done. Everything happens for a reason, KP is where he needs to be and KAT is where he needs to be.

mafra

Legend

The only thing that made the losing bearable last season was realizing we were getting a "once in a generation" big man (Towns or Okafor). However, the trepidation remained b/c, with NYK luck, we would take the bust... While the other guy turned out to be a HOF stud. Still, I was gonna be happy with either one. But, given the local nature and natural defensive instincts, and outside shooting, I was hoping for KAT.

oh we'll... It's still a gamble, roll of the dice, and health factors into the equation, as well as system-coaching-organization... We were just lucky enough this was a deep class... I think KAT, Okafor, Mudiay, Porz will be very good players. I think there will be others too, and when we look back this will be one of the better draft classes in recent memory.

but... As a NYK fan... We were flying high on whiskey and went to bed with a KAT-like prospect, only to wake up sober looking at a snoring Porzingis.