Langston Galloway Thread .. 4 Star status

Kiyaman

Legend
Langston Galloway is officially my favorite Knicks

Galloway has improve in every area of his game in the offseason to become one of the players to make the NBA top improve-players this season. Gallo played 45 games lastseason, and 41 of those games he prove to be a NBA rotation player.
The all-around (2 way) service Gallo has given the Knicks as a combo-guard is ringing bells, shooting 50% FG, 66% 3FG, 5 rb, 3 ast, and 0 turnovers, plus going to the FT line in all three games this season.
I notice in the preseason games Gallo improved on his decision-making when he has the ball, and its working out great during our clutch moments.

BIG Props to Galloway .. And hopefully a upcoming Kyle O'Quinn making my favorite Knicks list

DrB

Benchwarmer
What clutch shooting in the WIZARDS game. Yes Carmelo gets the game ball but GALLOWAY continued not being afraid to "SHOOT THE BIG SHOT" do or die like we saw last year. I think he can play the point or the 2 position and he should relieve JC of many of his minutes now. Can't wait to see what Derrick Williams does when at shooting guard Afflolo comes back. The debth chart shows AFFLOLO, GALLOWAY,and Sacha. Not bad.

Last edited:

Broadway

All Star
It's nice to see Galloway kind of bounce back after sputtering into the offseason and a ho-hum preseason.

tiger0330

Legend
Galloway will be an afterthought once Grant gets better and better
Would rather see Calderon become an afterthought. Fisher has got a soft spot in his heart for JC because JC reminds him of himself, similar kind of player with limited athletic ability and size but had a deadly shot. I'm hoping by next month Fish sees the light and has JC coming off the bench in very limited minutes or DNP most games.

nixon7

Benchwarmer
Although obviously Calderon has performed terribly and will need to play better to remain a starter, or even a significant rotation player.

However, he already is playing fewer minutes than either Galloway or Grant.

I also do not consider it a mistake to wait for Afflalo to come back, or for Melo to get his legs back. Galloway and Grant are developing significant chemistry, and promoting Galloway to starter could disrupt that, along with Grant's development. It may turn out that with Afflalo on the floor, Calderon becomes more effective, and Melo more efficient, and both are utilized in a better manner.

tiger0330

Legend
Although obviously Calderon has performed terribly and will need to play better to remain a starter, or even a significant rotation player.

However, he already is playing fewer minutes than either Galloway or Grant.

I also do not consider it a mistake to wait for Afflalo to come back, or for Melo to get his legs back. Galloway and Grant are developing significant chemistry, and promoting Galloway to starter could disrupt that, along with Grant's development. It may turn out that with Afflalo on the floor, Calderon becomes more effective, and Melo more efficient, and both are utilized in a better manner.
Don't agree, JC is an obvious DNP even with his limited minutes. When he starts the Knicks invariably play uphill, if he does get minutes it should be to just give guys a breather and if I was PJ I would look to get another fast tempo PG that could do that to replace him.

He's also not the future, play Gallo to see if he can thrive in the starter role, he's made enough big shots so I'm not worried about him doing that. Sasha is only there to hold down the fort until AA gets back and he at least gets into the passing lanes and gets a few defensive stops for the Knicks.

Paul1355

All Star
Galloway should start at PG

Langston Galloway is officially my favorite Knicks

Galloway has improve in every area of his game in the offseason to become one of the players to make the NBA top improve-players this season. Gallo played 45 games lastseason, and 41 of those games he prove to be a NBA rotation player.
The all-around (2 way) service Gallo has given the Knicks as a combo-guard is ringing bells, shooting 50% FG, 66% 3FG, 5 rb, 3 ast, and 0 turnovers, plus going to the FT line in all three games this season.
I notice in the preseason games Gallo improved on his decision-making when he has the ball, and its working out great during our clutch moments.

BIG Props to Galloway .. And hopefully a upcoming Kyle O'Quinn making my favorite Knicks list

Galloway is my 2nd favorite knicks after Prozingis...but Galloway is under rated and maybe the most clutch of any knick...he has hit more big shots than Melo in the past two seasons which is sad for Melo's case...

Galloway has to start at PG

He is a better scorer, defender and faster than Calderon...Grant has a little more speed and court vision but Grant-Calderon bench is a nice compliment...Galloway belongs in starting unit

When Afflalo returns this should be the starting lineup

Galloway-Afflalo-Melo-Porzingis-Lopez