Game Thread: New York Knicks vs San Antonio Spurs 7:30pm 11/02/2015

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Did they just decide not to? If they were going to review it, you'd think they'd have done it during that last timeout. I think the terrible call just stands. Free 2 points for Spurs.
Yeah...was wondering that too. Breen said they'd review it during the next time out, and nothing changed. That's a big call.

Spurs defense basically ended this game halfway through the 4th quarter. They more or less decided our guys were not going to score again for the rest of the game.

tiger0330

Legend
Still not crazy about these lineups and minutes DFish is putting out there, why did DWill only get 11 mins, and Quinn 19. These are real games, pre-season is over. Playoff teams like the Spurs are playing their starters 30 minutes, even Timmy played 35 and he's 39.

Broadway

All Star
There were some exciting moments tonight. Grant and #kporzee provided much of them. Ironically both of them need to work on their jump shots. #kporzee has an extremely flat shot which suggest the rigors of this league are eating up his legs. Grant really should be starting it's a shame we go all the way until December before this happens.

Melo while having moments of defending was an offensive buster, shot like trash 4-17(this would have been the 7-21fg night he would have owed my projections). I can't stand him and he makes it so tough to be all in with this team. Oh and Kawhi ate his lunch all night(what an exceptional 2 way talent).

Broadway

All Star
Still not crazy about these lineups and minutes DFish is putting out there, why did DWill only get 11 mins, and Quinn 19. These are real games, pre-season is over. Playoff teams like the Spurs are playing their starters 30 minutes, even Timmy played 35 and he's 39.

D-Will was garbage defensively and looked a little thirsty with the jumper. Fisher is gonna struggle who not to play, who to play, and when to play them all yr.

Broadway

All Star
Spurs defense basically ended this game halfway through the 4th quarter. They more or less decided our guys were not going to score again for the rest of the game.

It was a flip switch no doubt...they look really good already besides that 3rd qrt lapse they had.

DrB

Benchwarmer
Fisher is a coaching problem and you TIGER0330 nailed with D. Williams getting only 11 minutes is insane. He never should have J.C.on the floor at the end of close games.

mafra

Legend
Once again, even though the Knicks were playing a home game... The officials treated the opponent like they were the home team, and Duncan was getting the star treatment Melo should be getting at MSG. For the second consecutive home game, Melo dives to the court for a lose ball... nobody has possession... and the ref immediately blows whistle on Anthony. Then, on the play Porzingis gets hurt, Duncan is diving into Melo's knee, upends CA, and no call.

Then, when Melo drives, Green jumps into the air trying to block shot... Contact... No call. A few minutes later, Duncan shoots and Lopez does the same thing... Foul on Lopez.

i saw Leonard foul us 3-4 times... No call. He grabbed Melo's jersey from behind... No call.... He reaches in and hits a player... No call. Then, Porz tugs on LA's shirt... Foul.

And, the worst call, was the game turning offensive interference on Porz. A real disgrace, and illustrates how NYK play 82 road games every season.

mafra

Legend
Spurs shoot about 50% and NYK shoot about 36%... Toss in the officiating bias, and the SA experience, and you get a (practically) wire-to-wire victory.

This game is simple to evaluate, and it highlights this team's perpetual problems: the guards, for the most part, were downright awful. Toss in another pedestrian Melo performance (4-17)... And you get a loss. Grant was solid... But other than that... I lament the fact that we used to have Frazier and Monroe in the backcourt... Amd now we have this crap.

There was a point in the 4th, if Galloway didnt foolishly drive into Duncan and hoist a terrible shot.... And refs dont call the Porz interference... It could have been 82-81 SA. But the Knicks weren't gonna win this game.

Calderon, Sasha, and Langston might as well have stayed home. Galloway single-handedly gave the game away in the 4th quarter. Aside from not being able to score or defend, our guards were outstanding tonight.

Melo had the game's best defensive player on him, and the refs decided he had 15 fouls to give tonight, so at least he has an excuse. He was out there competing... But. Calderon and Sasha and Langston were embarrassing to watch.

THE POSITIVES:

The starting five finally had a decent beginning to a game. I think it was like 26-18 or something before SA went on a 14-0 run. The rookies, both Porz and Grant, were very good and showed their promise. But, on this night, shots weren't falling. Loose balls found Spurs players... We got fouled on drives but shots rimmed out... Just one of those nights.

Also, another sign this year might be different than the last two... If this were last year, the Spurs would've stretched a 13 point lead to a 25 point one and it would have been goodnight Sally. But, NYk never allowed that. Just like vs ATL, when they prevented a 22 point deficit to balloon to a 33 point hole... Well, i guess the point is, we may stink but we just wont stink as bad as we stunk last season. Baby steps, i guess.

One thing is obvious: we have little to no three point shooting, to depend on. And, Fisher is not really a good coach. That kind of matters. His rotations are painful to witness. PORZ was playing well, and he pulls him because he picked up a 4th foul? Who cares. Ride the hot hand. Not like saving Porz for the stretch run in the fourth is that important (sure didnt help tonight). And, can we call a few plays to get Calderon or Galloway a 3? Can we pull Galloway after he is throwing the game away?

Broadway

All Star
I've been just letting this loop and watching it a million times. Kid was a beast yesterday, just wish he was a knock down 3 pt shooter.

https://v.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/06DC...8576_4a4e7774d31.2.1.12079708559193767271.mp4

Reminds of when Gallo dunked on Hibbert and when Chandler dunked on Garnett and Perkins. I won't be swept off my feet over this. I was more impressed with his heart and competitive nature. BTW the refs had absolutely nothing to do with yesterday's results.

DrB

Benchwarmer
Spurs shoot about 50% and NYK shoot about 36%... Toss in the officiating bias, and the SA experience, and you get a (practically) wire-to-wire victory.

This game is simple to evaluate, and it highlights this team's perpetual problems: the guards, for the most part, were downright awful. Toss in another pedestrian Melo performance (4-17)... And you get a loss.

There was a point in the 4th, if Galloway foolishly drive into Duncan and hoist a terrible shot.... And refs dont call the Porz interference... It could have been 82-81 SA. But the Knicks weren't gonna win this game.

Calderon, Sasha, and Langston might as well have stayed home. Galloway single-handedly gave the game away in the 4th quarter. Aside from not being able to score or defend, our guards were outstanding tonight.

Melo had the game's best defensive player on him, and the refs decided he had 15 fouls to give tonight, so at least he has an excuse. He was out there competing... But. Calderon and Sasha and Langston were embarrassing to watch.

THE POSITIVES:

The starting five finally had a decent beginning to a game. I think it was like 26-18 or something before SA went on a 14-0 run. The rookies, both Porz and Grant, were very good and showed their promise. But, on this night, shots weren't falling. Loose balls found Spurs players... We got fouled on drives but shots rimmed out... Just one of those nights.

One thing is obvious: we have little to no three point shooting, to depend on. And, Fisher is not really a good coach. That kind of matters. His rotations are painful to witness. PORZ was playing well, and he pulls him because he picked up a 4th foul? Who cares. Ride the hot hand. Not like saving Porz for the stretch run in the fourth is that important (sure didnt help tonight). And, can we call a few plays to get Calderon or Galloway a 3? Can we pull Galloway after he is throwing the game away?
Perfect write up. FISCHER is a poor coach. I hate his canned responses. "Who we are''. We are a team that needs better combinations plus Afflolo.

tiger0330

Legend
It feels nice to be back .. missed this place
If you haven't already, check out Rady's new home page for KOL. It's got a ton of news about the Knicks, recaps is something new that Rady has been doing, also twitter, might be other stuff I haven't discovered yet. IMO, probably the best looking and informative Knicks BBS web page around.

Nice job Rady.

KNICKSTAPE NATION

Benchwarmer
If you haven't already, check out Rady's new home page for KOL. It's got a ton of news about the Knicks, recaps is something new that Rady has been doing, also twitter, might be other stuff I haven't discovered yet. IMO, probably the best looking and informative Knicks BBS web page around.

Nice job Rady.

Cool homie