timofey_mozgov.png

jose_calderon.png
matthew_dellavedova.png

sasha_vujacic.png
mo_williams.png

Injury Report

New York Knicks
Cleveland Cavaliers
Arron Afflalo - Strained Left Hamstring (OUT)Kyrie Irving - Fractured Left Knee Cap (OUT)
Lou Amundson - Sore lower back (OUT)Iman Shumpert - Ruptured Extensor Carpi Ulnaris (OUT)
- J.R. Smith - Right knee contusion (TBD)

Today in Knicks history
24enx90.jpg

November 04, 1999Knicks open defense of Eastern Conference Championship with a wire-to-wire 92-84 victory over Cleveland at Madison Square Garden. Larry Johnson leads the way with 24 points.

Game Preview

The Knicks (2-2) won their only trip to Quicken Loans Arena last season and are 2-0 on the road during an encouraging start to 2015-16.

New York appears to have survived an injury scare to a key player in its last outing, with rookie Kristaps Porzingis expected to play through a neck strain suffered in Monday's 94-84 loss to San Antonio.

The 20-year-old forward, one of several newcomers in the Knicks' rebuild from a franchise-worst 17-win 2014-15 campaign, posted his first career double-double with 13 points and 14 rebounds before colliding with Carmelo Anthony with 2:49 remaining. Porzingis did pass concussion tests and was diagnosed with a soft tissue injury.

Anthony paced New York with 19 points but was 4 of 17 from the field and the Knicks shot a season-low 36.0 percent. They shot 47.7 percent in Saturday's 117-110 win at Washington in which Anthony scored 37 on an 11-of-18 success rate.

bluechox2

Benchwarmer
Stefan Bondy ✔ @SBondyNYDN

Carmelo on Shumpert and JR not playing tonight: "I would love to play against my brothers. It seems like LeBron took all my family from me."

tiger0330

Legend
Thanks for the thread Rady. I remember that game from last year, Lebron's return to Cleveland, probably the most hyped game I've ever seen. They were partying all day before the game in Cleveland and the building was electric and the unexpected happened the Knicks came in and WON.

It can happen again. GO KNICKS.

Last edited:

DrB

Benchwarmer
Help me out folks. I guess I am technically challenged but could some one start a thread ALL THINGS D WILL because from what I saw in the pre season and limited time in this 4 game old season I am pissed at his limited minutes. HELP ME OUT HERE WITH YOUR THOUGHTS. Clearly he is better than J.R. IMHO. Someone on the forum called Derrick out for his defense against the SPURS. Come 'on !!!!!

KNICKSTAPE NATION

Benchwarmer
LeBald James will have a hard time covering Melo tonight. If Melo can give us 30 we'll get the victory. Lets hope he doesn't shoot like :flush: again.

tiger0330

Legend
Help me out folks. I guess I am technically challenged but could some one start a thread ALL THINGS D WILL because from what I saw in the pre season and limited time in this 4 game old season I am pissed at his limited minutes. HELP ME OUT HERE WITH YOUR THOUGHTS. Clearly he is better than J.R. IMHO. Someone on the forum called Derrick out for his defense against the SPURS. Come 'on !!!!!
DrB PM Rady if you're having a problem starting a thread. He's allowing all members even new members to start threads, he may have missed you.

I agree about DWill esp. with Affalo out, the Knicks need a secondary scorer. I was calling DWill perhaps the 2nd best offensive player behind Melo after his pre-season and I was expecting him to get max mins but that's DFish for you. He's not going to change the starting lineup either, so expect Calderon to continue starting, says that will affect the 2nd unit if you play Grant instead of JC.

We continue our gauntlet against last year's playoff teams. Mixed results so far, but probably better than most people expected. I'm going to miss a big chunk of this game early on, but I look forward to seeing if we can keep things more positive than negative.

DrB

Benchwarmer
Derrick Williams

DrB PM Rady if you're having a problem starting a thread. He's allowing all members even new members to start threads, he may have missed you.

I agree about DWill esp. with Affalo out, the Knicks need a secondary scorer. I was calling DWill perhaps the 2nd best offensive player behind Melo after his pre-season and I was expecting him to get max mins but that's DFish for you. He's not going to change the starting lineup either, so expect Calderon to continue starting, says that will affect the 2nd unit if you play Grant instead of JC.

I love the knowledge fans here. Quality over quantity and I have been a fan since Carl Braun, Dick McGuire, Harry Gallatin, Sweetwater Clifton, Willie Naulls so when Clyde came along I was more than ready.
Yes we NEED a SECONDARY SCORER....when Melo is doubled.

As a Doc I think its great that KP will give it a go.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Good start for the Knicks. Porzingis playing well early, hitting both of his shots, first a lay-up set up by Melo, then a nice mid-range shot, which is also great since he has a little nagging pain from the other night.

Kiyaman

Legend
Good start for the Knicks. Porzingis playing well early, hitting both of his shots, first a lay-up set up by Melo, then a nice mid-range shot, which is also great since he has a little nagging pain from the other night.

Our 2nd-unit is the BOMB! Fisher put out a nice winning 10 men rotation in the 1st quarter .. I cant wait to see the Finisher lineup tonite

tiger0330

Legend
No starting unit that has Calderon on it is going to be successful. Look at the guy defensively, he looks lost going around screens, he's slow and can't jump and he's not scoring, he's only played 11 minutes but that's 11 minutes too long, Pablo was better than this guy.

DrB

Benchwarmer
No starting unit that has Calderon on it is going to be successful. Look at the guy defensively, he looks lost going around screens, he's slow and can't jump and he's not scoring, he's only played 11 minutes but that's 11 minutes too long, Pablo was better than this guy.
Jackson shopped him, could not unload him. 7 million dollars for what.

tiger0330

Legend
I love the knowledge fans here. Quality over quantity and I have been a fan since Carl Braun, Dick McGuire, Harry Gallatin, Sweetwater Clifton, Willie Naulls so when Clyde came along I was more than ready.
Yes we NEED a SECONDARY SCORER....when Melo is doubled.

As a Doc I think its great that KP will give it a go.
Wow, those guys are even before the glory days of the 1970's, never saw any of them play not even on old TV tapes.

I'm excited about this Zinger, Hubie is going over the what he likes about the kid on the broadcast and I have to agree, he's exciting. Maybe he will be better than KAT.