Game Thread: New York Knicks vs Los Angeles Lakers 3:30pm 11/08/2015

Paul1355

All Star
Calderon is still a bench player...if it wasnt for Galloway we would have lost this game...I dont understand why Fisher and Rambis took out players that were making baskets...Galloway makes a crazy layup then is taken out right after...Lopez starts making some shots and then is taken out right after...can someone please explain this to me? Why take out a hot hand..it defies logic and reason and defies everything but stupidity

Broadway

All Star
If Kobe is playing like this in January he should call it a career if he has any pride. The Lakers are not going to offer him another 20M extension.

Airball left hand layup and his shooting % has been in rapid decline past 3yrs. Social Security is calling him home. Kobe wants to begged and yearned for at this point. I think he sticks around another yr to capture overall scoring record.

Kiyaman

Legend
Rady .. Thanx for the Game Thread
Nice Knicks Home Win .. Rambis coaching is still horrible

Fisher is not showing much discipline in coaching by not putting a halt to all the foolish 3 point shooting, 6-29 vs Hawks, 8-24 vs Cavs, 4-24 vs Bucks, and 9-27 tonite .. college ball depends on 3 point shooting for wins.
We went all the way down to the final minute for this win at home against the 1-5 Lakers team .. Our next 10 games will have 2 back to back games plus 6 of the games will be on the road.

Paul1355

All Star
Rady .. Thanx for the Game Thread
Nice Knicks Home Win .. Rambis coaching is still horrible

Fisher is not showing much discipline in coaching by not putting a halt to all the foolish 3 point shooting, 6-29 vs Hawks, 8-24 vs Cavs, 4-24 vs Bucks, and 9-27 tonite .. college ball depends on 3 point shooting for wins.
We went all the way down to the final minute for this win at home against the 1-5 Lakers team .. Our next 10 games will have 2 back to back games plus 6 of the games will be on the road.

maybe we won because Kurt Rambis coached :)

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Some of Fisher's substitutions are stupid. I remember during Friday's game against the Bucks, Lopez was practically unguardable for stretches and we were getting burned by John Henson, yet he sits Lopez for almost the entire 4th quarter and plays him for only 22 minutes...what the hell?

But I'm glad we won. Grant needs more playing time - 8 assists in 18 minutes. Calderon might be better suited to a bench role where he serves mostly as a long-range threat

DrB

Benchwarmer
Rambis is better coach than Fisher

Calderon is still a bench player...if it wasnt for Galloway we would have lost this game...I dont understand why Fisher and Rambis took out players that were making baskets...Galloway makes a crazy layup then is taken out right after...Lopez starts making some shots and then is taken out right after...can someone please explain this to me? Why take out a hot hand..it defies logic and reason and defies everything but stupidity

Because all the players are on timers for their minutes

tiger0330

Legend
Because all the players are on timers for their minutes
That's true, DFish is not from the Tom Thibs school of coaching playing your guys heavy minutes. I see good and bad in a philosophy like DFish's or Thibs but overall lean to DFish since Pop rests his guys a lot during the regular season.

tiger0330

Legend
Any word on Afflalo?

Not sure how much longer Knicks can cope with dynamic" duo of Calderon and Vucinic?
Per the NY Post

"Fisher appears ready to go with a backcourt of Calderon and Arron Afflalo, who is on the verge of making his club debut either Tuesday in Toronto or Wednesday in Charlotte."

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Speaking of substitutions, what was up with Byron Scott's with Kobe? He came in and out a lot. To keep him warmed up?