Game Thread: New York Knicks vs Charlotte Hornets 7:30pm 11/17/2015

We're riding high now, but can't let the foot off the pedal. We need to show some killer instinct here with a 13 point lead, but still almost 6 minutes to go.

tiger0330

Legend
I do not like this crunch time lineup. Where is Zinger and why is JC on the floor. If the Knicks lose this its on Fisher.

We are proving to be a team that just can't close out games. This will haunt us the whole year if we can't figure it out.

Fortunately for us, Charlotte finally went cold on their last couple possessions. We cling to a 4 point lead with 11 seconds to go. Porzingis at the line gives us our first points in over 5 minutes to stretch the lead to 6.

mafra

Legend
98-85 with six minutes left... NYK dont score until there's :11 seconds left... Wow. How did they win this game? Melo couldn't close it... Fisher had our best offensive player tonight on the bench down the stretch... Incredible... Porzingis with 29 points on 11-17 shooting. Another double-double. Calderon, Gallo, and Affalo did hit a few big threes...

Once again, Carmelo gets no calls on his own court.

I'll take 6 and 6 from this team after 12 games. No reason we can't keep this up all season. This team just needs to continue to grow and develop as a unit.

tiger0330

Legend
You know what I got a kick out of is when Zinger got that offensive RB for his 10th and laid it up for 2 pts, he was so cool didn't pump his fist or show any emotion, just walked away cool and calm.

mafra

Legend
I'll take 6 and 6 from this team after 12 games. No reason we can't keep this up all season. This team just needs to continue to grow and develop as a unit.

NYK was 5-36 halfway thru season last year... 6-6... Against all those playoffs teams (and CHA wouldve been had the injury bug not bitten them)... We all wouldve signed up for that.

tiger0330

Legend
Zinger highlights. Most impressed with that offensive RB and layup, he was boxed out by two Hornets but managed to get the ball and lay it up. Rolo couldn't do that on his best day.

Last edited:

Broadway

All Star
Man I missed this game...looks like #kporzee showed out a little. I ain't even mad, wasn't all in with him but kudos to making fans like me respect you young fella. Keep it up

DrB

Benchwarmer
In our previous meeting Calderon couldn't stop Lin or Kemba from scoring
Any fast guard in the league speeds by Calderon easily so thank goodness his shooting is back. Big 3 after AFFLOLO'S 3 in the 4th Quarter......clutch FREE THROWS for Amundson.

Last edited: