Game Thread: New York Knicks @ Miami Heat 7:30pm 11/23/2015

Tkf

Benchwarmer
I was drooling over Whiteside not Rolo, supposedly he tried out for the Knicks a couple of seasons ago. #kp can hold his own without Rolo on the floor.

Whiteside is a monster..

#kp can hold his own without Rolo on the floor.

just hope lopez stays healthy to not have to find that out, i think you will see a sizeable dip in rebounds..

Tkf

Benchwarmer
It was 17-13 NYK... A decent start... Then the second unit came in and stunk... This game sort of mirrored the ATL blowout... Bad news was we didnt bring the necessary effort to challenge an upper echelon conference foe (unlike how we always get up for CLE) and were basically blitzed wire to wire. The good news is, unlike last year, we never allowed a 20 point lead to balloon and get out of control... We could never get back in the game, let alone get over the hump, but we kept it in the 12-18 deficit range... Almost made it interesting too... But, like most nights, Melo just couldnt be superman in the 4th...

Calderon, Grant, and Galloway combined for about 6 points... Affalo didnt do much either... Tough to win with this guard play... Toss in a fat zero from the bench, and the fact we missed almost 20 three point shots... Well, there you go.

More evidence that we are just a 5-8 seed type team at best... We are nowhere near a top 4 team in the Conf... But, lots of season left... We just had an off night... If we win in ORL... A 3-1 road trip is nice... Lets see what we do to MIA at MSG.

did the knicks have an off night or was this the result of facing one of the best defensive teams in the league. Miami is more athletic than the knicks by far, even their bigs are more athletic, and their guards as well, did you see how tyler johnson was playing above the rim, as well as winslow, they had aflalo shook trying to make layups. Carmelo was working extra hard to get his shot off and even porzingis who is 7'3 got his shot tossed... miami is super long and super athletic, they are going to be a problem for a lot of teams in the playoffs if they can stay healthy.. that is a big IF..

Broadway

All Star
I was drooling over Whiteside not Rolo, supposedly he tried out for the Knicks a couple of seasons ago. #kp can hold his own without Rolo on the floor.

I definitely feel because of the tangling and tussling yesterday between Rolo and H-Dub it allowed a little more freedom for #kporzee to have stronger glass presence otoh #kporzee is crashing the glass and getting most of his work done on his own this yr and the stats prove it.

#kporzee has 7 double doubles on the yr Rolo only has 1

#kporzee has 3 gms in which he cracked double digit rebounding in less than 30min

#kporzee has the most rebounds in a single game this yr, Top 4 overall with 15, 14, 14, 14, then tied for next highest with Rolo at 13

#kporzee posted double digit rebounding on 11/2 11/6 11/8 11/11 where he grabbed 14 ,13, 10, 15...Rolo grabbed 5, 2, 13, 9 in the same stretch of games and in his other games/17/21/23 where he grabbed double digit rebounding he played more minutes than Rolo, most notably the Charlotte game 31/18 respectively.

Rolo also is posting averages this yr less than his previous yr and noticeably lower than 1st yr in Portland. I think #kporzee is holding his own. The only other rookie out performing him is Towns statistically speaking, hard to gauge true impact accurately.

Not all of #kporzee's productive games have been impactful, such as yesterday's game which even he copped to it not being that great. He's had at least 3 standout games this yr without question though.

Last edited:

Broadway

All Star
did the knicks have an off night or was this the result of facing one of the best defensive teams in the league. Miami is more athletic than the knicks by far, even their bigs are more athletic, and their guards as well, did you see how tyler johnson was playing above the rim, as well as winslow, they had aflalo shook trying to make layups. Carmelo was working extra hard to get his shot off and even porzingis who is 7'3 got his shot tossed... miami is super long and super athletic, they are going to be a problem for a lot of teams in the playoffs if they can stay healthy.. that is a big IF..

We're improved on pace to be better than I anticipated but not by much in comparison to the league hence so many similar records. There is a trend growing in that we're not beating the good teams and caught some breaks against a couple teams.

Kiyaman

Legend
We're improved on pace to be better than I anticipated but not by much in comparison to the league hence so many similar records. There is a trend growing in that we're not beating the good teams and caught some breaks against a couple teams.

I started looking at it that way also until i notice in our previous 14 games we showed a couple of dominating lineups during Fisher's experimenting coaching lineups.
We are actually better than i thought. We won a few games with some of our worst lineups.
We have to keep hoping Fisher will get it together soon to stay a .500 team.

In the Miami Game, Fishers experiment-coaching were leaving 2 or 3 starter players in every lineup throughout the game.
Which showed we had terrible chemistry throughout the game vs D.Wade n Whiteside defense.
This type of coach experiment was suppose to show the leadership of 2 or 3 of our starters in the lineup with 2 or 3 bench players.
Poor-poor leadership from our starters, our starters kept missing their shots plus playing poor defense.
Giving the bench players in n out slot minutes for 2 to 4 minutes throughout the game (accept Gallo/Amun) meant our starters were in control of the game as early as the 2nd quarter 22 pt deficit, plus our starters showed no competitiveness to bring the Heats big-lead below 10 points in the 2nd half

Our starters with Afflalo are probably still getting beat in our practice scrimmage-games by our bench players.

Kiyaman

Legend

No he cant ... I like drinking the KP hype, but im not that drunk on it.
Lopez skills and NBA experience alongside LaMarcus Aldrige kept Portland a top 4 and top 5 seed team in the West coast.

PK need much much work on his team-offense/team-defense moves, he doesn't lineup right in any set position, and when PK gets winded or tired its notice quick. PK has been playing well as a individual-player (ISO) with no team plan.

A rookie KP taking the first shot of the game from the 3-ball line with 9 seconds left on the shot-clock, the same rookie KP who has been shooting 31% from FG throughout the previous 14 games .. plus giving a rookie who shoot 31% the GreenLight, to shoot whenever he wants .. is a big question mark towards the head coach.
Giving a 7 footer the Green Light to shoot inside the paint is something different then what KP been doing.
When a ROOKIE consistently shoot 31% from FG, the coaches suppose to tell the rookie to start passing the ball to gain some assist.
Timberwolve Towns leads leads all rookies for the ROY, Okafor is 2nd, KP is 3rd, and if Mudiay bring his turnover down and start shooting above 33% then he will be 3rd.