Game Thread: New York Knicks vs Philadephia 76ers 7:30pm 12/02/2015

Fisher opts to give Porzingis and Calderon some more minutes here in the 4th along with Grant, Williams, and Thomas. Knicks have gotten the lead right back up to 23.

Grant exits the game with 12 points on 5 of 7 shooting. Fisher now going to the end of the bench with Vujacic. Vujacic immediately gets called for a travel while holding the ball for an inbounds. I swear no part of his body seemed to have moved when it was called.

Noel has been giving Porzingis trouble all quarter, but Porzingis finally gets the corner and dribbles past him to the hoop for a big two-handed dunk.

We're going to win this game, but this team still has yet to prove it has any kind of killer instinct. Lead has gotten as low as 15 points in this 4th quarter, but less than 4 minutes to go and Philly has struggled to get their score into the high 70s.

Broadway

All Star
Porzingis has a legit shot to win ROY. He's been very solid and consistent pretty much after his 1st week of play.

tiger0330

Legend
Porzingis has a legit shot to win ROY. He's been very solid and consistent pretty much after his 1st week of play.
Already the best rebounder and shot blocker on the team. His jump shot needs to be more consistent but no doubt in my mind he's at least an average 35% 3 pt shooter if they keep him in a stretch 4 role.

mafra

Legend
Yet another double-double for PORZINGIS. Six players in double figures.

1/4 season complete and NYK 5th in a key defensive stat (opponent's FG%)... Thank you Lopez and Porzingis.

Kiyaman

Legend
How the heck did the Kobe-Lakers lose to the 76ers ????

Philly 76ers has a D.League performance that dont deserve any wins this season!
Philly really is the worst playing team in the league!
Philly will remain a lottery team for the next few seasons

DrB

Benchwarmer
In all fairness Calderon has been shooting better but his bone head play loosing the ball against Houston cost us the game down the stretch. I know its never one play and we blew a 14 point fourth quarter lead but trust me if Calderon is back next year it will be for a Veterans minimum. Like STAT who is going out on the bottom, some people, KOBE included never know when to exit. Calderone can't defend the premiere guards in the league anymore.

tiger0330

Legend
In all fairness Calderon has been shooting better but his bone head play loosing the ball against Houston cost us the game down the stretch. I know its never one play and we blew a 14 point fourth quarter lead but trust me if Calderon is back next year it will be for a Veterans minimum. Like STAT who is going out on the bottom, some people, KOBE included never know when to exit. Calderone can't defend the premiere guards in the league anymore.
Calderon's contract doesn't expire until the end of next season, so he'll be on the books for $7,708,427 next year. btw Another nice feature of Rady's KOL website, you can see current salary info of the Knicks from the drop down menu.

I'm for trading him for Ty Lawson whose contract isn't guaranteed for next season because he waived the guarantee next year. Get him and see if he's a fit for the remainder of the year and if he isn't don't pick up his option.

Kiyaman

Legend

To be honest, Calderon is a tier-3 PG! (the 3rd PG on a roster incase of injury).
Our two ex-player PG Felton & Prigioni are tier-2 PG (decent back-up PG).
The Knicks rookie PG Grant has raw talent with great creative skills at PG, that puts Grant as a tier-2 PG.

Our president Phil Jackson won many championship rings having elite PG .. Monroe, Clyde, Jordan, Pippen, Harper, and Fisher. When Phil traded Felton & Tyson, Phil degraded our tier-2 PG for a tier-3 PG in Calderon, Phil degraded our tier-1 center for a tier-3 center Dalembert.

We have a ex-player PG that turned head coach in Mr. Derek Fisher .. Fisher showed us incompetence last season when he put a tier-3 raw PG Larkins as our starter over our tier-2 PG-Prigioni, plus put a tier-3 PG Calderon as our starter over Prigioni too, which result in a 17 win season.