Game Thread: New York Knicks vs Brooklyn Nets 7:00pm 12/04/2015

Kiyaman

Legend
The one mystery to me is Quinn, I didn't think he was anything special coming here from Orlando but he is completely out of this rotation.

To me .. Quinn is our best 2-way PF on the roster who has the skills to be our consistent C/F
Fisher weak experiment with Amundson & Serafin gave us a 4 game losing streak

Young is speeding from perimeter to paint to perimeter back to paint like a natural SF (that's how Lance got his playing time), Why the Nets didn't go after a FA PF in the offseason (Barg is a JOKE!) so Young could be their starter SF .. is Y the Nets has a 5-14 record. Brook dont have any help in the paint.

Kiyaman

Legend
We play in Milaukie tommorow .. Calderon just got clobbered .. Fisher need to put the garbage players on the court having a 20 pt lead

tiger0330

Legend
King needs to take the opposite approach this time when JJ contract comes off the books and build with blue collar short term contracts. Try to trade Lopez for some picks.

The story of tonight's game was basically an amazing 1st quarter followed by 3 quarters of cruise control. We win by 17 and make it back to back wins against two of the worst teams the NBA has to offer right now.

Kiyaman

Legend
They gave up too much for KG and PP. They have no draft picks for years.

It was the Nets first season in Brooklyn Barkley center to compete with the Big-Market MSG for fans, the Nets big-3 Brook/JJ/Deron were a FLOP in New Jersey .. Nets silly GM did a crazy Isiah Thomas move to fill seats in Barkley center by letting silly GM Ainge stick the Nets organization up without a weapon by getting rid of to huge max contract for two old championship star players.

Kiyaman

Legend
And you know MELO is HOT if KIyA is giving props On Chief...I will eat crow for Kristaps if the Melo haters quit hating...KNIcKs are balling and I am shopping for tix for tomorrow nights game in Milwaukee as we speak:)

Nay .. we still want to trade Melo asap before his contract end .. we have several garbage team on our schedule before Christmas .. we want Melo to stay HUNGRY from now till Christmas .. PK is doing great at the start of the season .. we got 62 more games to go

DrB

Benchwarmer
And you know MELO is HOT if KIyA is giving props On Chief...I will eat crow for Kristaps if the Melo haters quit hating...KNIcKs are balling and I am shopping for tix for tomorrow nights game in Milwaukee as we speak:)
Melo played in the flow and hit some forced shots....but his passing is better. Was sloppy with the ball again but had he hit the open lay up it was a 30 point effort. NO COMPLAINT on Melo tonight. Enjoy the Garden tomorrow chief.

DrB

Benchwarmer
Nay .. we still want to trade Melo asap before his contract end .. we have several garbage team on our schedule before Christmas .. we want Melo to stay HUNGRY from now till Christmas .. PK is doing great at the start of the season .. we got 62 more games to go
Right on Kiyaman. Melo will never be a closer ala Jordan, Kobe, or Lebron. Right now Westbrook is better than Melo.

mafra

Legend
Another double/double for kp6. Back to 10-10 with a winnable game in MIL. Pretty happy with a .500 record in Dec.

Thought I heard during the game that KP is 6th in NBA (double-double)... If that's true... Wow! The kid alters shots and rebounds... Just incredible start to his career.

Perfect first quarter... Pathetic 4th... But game wasing out of reach...

Back to .500... Big game tomorrow night in MIL. We took care of business last 2 games... Now let's go win a 50/50 game on the road and get back above .500

mafra

Legend
Anthony finished with 28 points and seven rebounds, including five 3-pointers. Porzingis notched 19 points and 10 rebounds, his 10th double-double of the season. He became the first Knick since Willis Reed in 1964 to post 10 double-doubles in his first 20 NBA games.

Also, on Sportscenter, somebody just said that what PORZ is doing has never been done in NBA history... Not just by a rookie, but by any player... His combined #s (ppg, rpg, blocks per game, FT %, 3-point attempts per game)... Of course, it's only 20 games.... But it is extremely rare for a legit BIG to be able to score from the perimeter and to score off the dribble and rebound and block shots.

tiger0330

Legend
Anthony finished with 28 points and seven rebounds, including five 3-pointers. Porzingis notched 19 points and 10 rebounds, his 10th double-double of the season. He became the first Knick since Willis Reed in 1964 to post 10 double-doubles in his first 20 NBA games.

Also, on Sportscenter, somebody just said that what PORZ is doing has never been done in NBA history... Not just by a rookie, but by any player... His combined #s (ppg, rpg, blocks per game, FT %, 3-point attempts per game)... Of course, it's only 20 games.... But it is extremely rare for a legit BIG to be able to score from the perimeter and to score off the dribble and rebound and block shots.
His per 36 numbers are very close to KAT's and Okafors, scoring 18.1 per 36 to Kat's 18.2 and 18.9 for Jahlil. He was shooting 3's at less than 30% for the first 10 games or so but he's up to 35% now. I said in another post that there was no question in my mind that he was at least an avg. 35% 3 pt. shooter but considering his size, 35% is a huge number for a 7'3" big.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Melo played in the flow and hit some forced shots....but his passing is better. Was sloppy with the ball again but had he hit the open lay up it was a 30 point effort. NO COMPLAINT on Melo tonight. Enjoy the Garden tomorrow chief.

Thanks. Just bought tickets. I actually live less than an hour away from Milwaukee so I will be at tonights game there. Three tickets behind the basket second level for $150. Can't beat it:)

pat

Starter
Fisher is making an interesting point concerning Calderon not scoring. I think it was a shot fired at Melo.

Kiyaman

Legend
Our next 7 games will be against 6 teams below .500 .. our evaluation will have a lot to do with how HUNGRY our coach Fisher really is? Plus the hunger in the players Fisher give most of the playing time minutes to each game.
My expectation before the Dec 19 vs Chicago Bulls game in the Garden are we should be on a 9 game win streak after beating Philly in Philly on Dec. 18, having a 17-10 record .. I'm thrilled about Knick team-wins, not our veteran-players stats.
Yeah, I may get hyped-up on Gallo/Zingis/Grant stats.

My biggest beef right-now is with coach Fisher not giving Quinn the chance to GELL in a lineup with Rolo, and Gell in a lineup with Zingis to share the big man duties in a rotation, making Quinn the 3rd big man off the bench.
Quinn knows his natural position in the NBA is at PF .. the Fisher/Phill experiment of putting Quinn, Serafin, and Amundson as Rolo backup at CENTER is Stup... u know what else is Stup... having Zingis, Melo, and D.Will as the team PF, that lives on the perimeter shooting 3-balls