Game Thread: New York Knicks vs Dallas Mavericks 7:30pm 12/07/2015

Kiyaman

Legend
Tim Bontemps ✔ @TimBontemps
Every player on the Mavericks has already spoken to the media postgame, but the Knicks locker room remains closed to the media.
10:30 PM - 7 Dec 2015

Broadway

All Star
I posted in that MIL thread that he's been looking like an actual NBA player. About 10 minutes later Breen and Clyde said he was showing an all-around game that he's not known for, today he was the best PG the Knicks had. Glad he's coming around but it's not translating to wins.

Tonight he was alright about 5-6gms ago he was alright but he's also been trash so many times this season, you know like the gm before today and a few gms before then. I hate when 1gm for a player results in a false something redeemable feeling that makes up for all the bad suckiness in between. Calderon has played well in about 4-5gms at best, the rest has been forgettable.

DrB

Benchwarmer
Galloway looks so bad I would think about pulling him from the rotation and give him time to keep his act together... Geez.

DAL is 11-20 from downtown
Galloway has not only returned from the stratosphere he cratered. Too bad.

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
I do expect to read about Melo's poor play contributing to this loss tomorrow.

Dallas is not all that good .. I don't care what their record is now. I don't see Dallas having above .550 team in midseason lol

Melo melo melo could not score over defenders Mathews or Parson lastnite .. good or bad?
Afflalo could not score over defenders Deron or Felton lastnite .. good or bad?
Melo did give out 8 assist last nite .. the last time Melo gave out 8 assist in a game our head coach name was Don Chaney. It would be nice to see Afflalo & Melo creating 3 to 5 assist each per game.

Calderon got out played on both sides of the court by Felton n Deron for all 4 quarters.
For 35 minutes Calderon never control the tempo of the game to make a run at Dallas.

I didn't like all the talk lastnite on KP talent being matched-up with Dirk. KP effort to block shots already passed Dirk talent.
For now on when we match Kristaps Porzingis all-around talent lets look towards 2-way big men like Spurs David Robinson, or Wolves KG rookie dominance.

The past two weeks coach Fisher main lineup consist of 4 players .. KP, Melo, Afflalo, Calderon .. they have the most minute played on the team. It was not hard to notice in Fishers experiment to reduce the players in the rotation, I notice one, or two, or three, or four of our 4 starters in every Fisher's lineup throughout the game. Fisher rarely put a all bench lineup on the court any more.
Last night, i read a lot of members mentioning our bench players were sloppy n embarrassing .. well in the 3rd qtr. Fisher finally put a all bench lineup on the court, that all bench lineup ran an up-tempo run-run offense that tired the Dallas players out. Giving our rested starters fresh leg to come in and keep decreasing Dallas lead in the 4th qtr..

Fisher STARTER lineup does not have any leadership to bring chemistry in the starter lineup.
Fisher need to start experimenting on another lineup without any of the starters on it to stay .500
Melo 40 minutes a game, plus 20 shot attempts wont let that happen.
Calderon increasing minutes of playing time is not helping the team, or the growth of our PG rookie Grant.

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
Tonight he was alright about 5-6gms ago he was alright but he's also been trash so many times this season, you know like the gm before today and a few gms before then. I hate when 1gm for a player results in a false something redeemable feeling that makes up for all the bad suckiness in between. Calderon has played well in about 4-5gms at best, the rest has been forgettable.

Since the start of the season Calderon has average 18 minute in the same 5 teammate lineup each game.
The only players that change in Calderon lineup is Afflalo for Sasha, other than that Calderon, Afflalo, Melo, KP, and Rolo receive 18 minute in a lineup in each game.

Grant & Galloway are raw young combo-guards who has to deal with being in Fisher experiment different-teammate lineups each game.
Fisher did not let the Grant, Gallo, Lance, D.Will, Quinn lineup last 2 weeks in the season. Better chemistry than starters.
Quinn was replace by Serafin, D.Will was replace by Amundson.
Now all are being replace by the starters increasing minutes of playing time.

The Dragon

Benchwarmer
But but but but....but but but...but but HE HAD 8AST HE HAD 8AST HE HAD 8AST HE HAD 8AST HE HAD 8AST

LOOOOL :) that is really true, i am a huge melo fan, but i can't stand him in the game anymore.... he is just lost there for some reason.....i am trying to defend him but he is making my job reaaaaally difficult