Game Thread: New York Knicks @ Sacramento Kings 10:30pm 12/10/2015

Broadway

All Star
If it were Paul George at MSG it would've been called a flagrant-2. We werent gonna get that call... Sure, Melo was probably fouled by two guys (Rondo tugged arm and the other guy swiped at elbow).... But the ref shouldne blow the whistle unless contact was egregious. That's why I was furious when George was awarded 3 FTs at the end of that game...

Nope not gonna cut it. You do see Melo sticking his lance into Rondo's chest right? This is the main reason Rondo was abale to grab his hand without being caught because Melo is the initiator of chaos. Also when Melo tries to disengage you also saw Rondo's jersey tug right?

I'm just trying to make sure everyone's vision is as close to 20/20 as possible here

Did Rondo grab Melo's wrist-hand? Yep Could a call have been made? Yep but Melo doesn't have and hasn't earned the respect from refs because of how he plays basketball in general. He's never adjusted his game the entire 13yr career thus the team's he's played for have had to pay for his sins. None more so than his teammates.

I dont blame Melo for not passing.... Who else was making a shot tonight? The fault is Fisher's for the play design. Just Awful. Are we seriously expecting Melo to play PG now?

Seriously? Seriously? This is the same clown who passed to Jeffries in a critical playoff game where he had it rolling...Jeffries under the basket in duress yet yesterday wouldn't pass to an absolutely wide open #kporzee? I mean from game-to-game it's so confusing how fans govern their emotions with Melo. It's like reading comments from someone in an abusive relationship, threatening to leave but justifying staying in it on nothing substantial. Melo was downright awful down the stretch yesterday.

He should have passed on the strength of him being like 2-25fg in the final possessions of games for us since his arrival. You do understand how bad he's been during the clutch moments?

Last edited:

Broadway

All Star
Sounds like he game heated up towards the end but I went to bed on it in the 3rd when we were down big. Glad I didn't stay up to watch RR close it on a dunk???? WOW but RR killed it all night. Like I said earlier Zinger is everyones new darling, but we still needed a guard like Mudiay. RR isn't a top ten guard anymore and he killed us...now you know why grant was available at he backend of the first round...you don't draft guards from Notre Dame unless you are a NFL TEAM on Chief

Actually you could very much argue the season Rondo is having suggest he is a Top 10 point guard. His numbers have almost never looked better. Our built-in bias/agendas from the past cloud present reality.

Kiyaman

Legend
Yea but Melo is double-teamed and Boogie is laying in wait in fronting KP...the Zinger needed to come to the ball and make himself available... I finally saw last sequence and I understand the play...you are hoping your superstar can get to the line as it was only a 2 point deficit but of course NBA refs HATE MELO I saw that in person last week in MiLwaukee. In retrospect the mistake was calling the TO and letting SAC set their defense...we should have at least advanced the ball across half court before calling the timeout..look where we inbounded the ball...Coach Hubie says:"that's showed a lack of understanding of the end game situation" On Chief:)

Melo had several times to tie the score with his 8-21 fg shooting and his 6-11 free-throws
I mention Melo 31 minutes at the end of the 3rd quarter where Melo sloppy 3 minute assured the Kings a 11 point lead to start the 4th quarter. Plus the first 5 minute in the 4th quarter without Melo/Afflalo/Calderon we made STOPS to decrease the Kings lead to 5 points.
With 7 minutes left in the 4th quarter Fisher put Melo back into the game .. wrong move!

The players that started the 4th quarter to decrease the lead from 11 pts to 5 pts had fresh-legs n only needed a coach time-out to keep things flowing in decreasing the Kings lead the next 3 minutes. Fisher adding Melo, KP, Calderon, Afflalo bad decision making into the game after the bench lineup hard work were :barf:

Broadway;293567]Let this sink in...Kobe went hard after Rondo and Melo supposedly asked mgmt to pursue him 2yrs ago. Maybe Rondo appeared in Melo's glorious Black Book. Nevertheless guess who recruited Rondo the hardest this summer, who Rondo agreed he wanted to play with?

Before Phil Jackson made the dum-dum (Layden/Isiah/Walsh/Dolan) trade of Tyson Chandler, Phil was supposed to go hard at getting Rondo in a trade using our top value trade player, which was Tyson n Shump. Phil received a "F+" grade his first offseason as Knicks president. A $124M contract for a divided-lockerroom scorer that cant play 6 straight minute of defense.

Star PG don't want a franchise EGO-BALL-HOGGER teammate controlling the tempo .. Kobe, Melo, Harden
CP3 had a lot to do with the NBA stopping the trade from him going to the Lakers.
Both Kobe & Melo previous star-PG teammates has past on a lot of closed-door rumors about Kobe & Melo franchise ego towards fellow teammates around the league, making it difficult for the Lakers & Knicks franchise to sign star FA with max money cap space.

Kiyaman

Legend
Actually you could very much argue the season Rondo is having suggest he is a Top 10 point guard. His numbers have almost never looked better. Our built-in bias/agendas from the past cloud present reality.

So True .. Rondo is averaging 11 dimes, 2 steals, 3 TO, per game in the season.
Coach Karl will notice the missing pieces and the teams weakness b4 the deadline having Rondo n Collison at the point

jimkcchief88

All Star

Yep of course we hate RR from his Celts days. I was trying to figure out how to post a RR/ET meme during the game...but RR was garbage in Dallas last year and the halftime guys did a great job of breaking down why RR is a great comeback this year. Still no excuse to let RR go crazy like that. Everyone is blaming Melo as usual, but who was supposed to be checking RR on that dunk? I bet it was Calderone's worthless a**:(

mafra

Legend
Not sure what the point was? I pretty much said the same thing... It was a foul, could have been called, but it wasn't something I would expect to be called (or would call myself). Both were jostling for the spot... Not really impactful contact... But, to say George deserves 3 FTs bc the tip of the ring finger slightly grazes the edge of his elbow... But Melo doesn't deserve the call (when defender actually grabs and holds his arm).... All bc of the action that immediately preceded the incident.... Well, that is bringing your bias to the action and allowing reputation to interfere with how you interpret what your eyes are seeing.... Which, to be fair to Melo bashers, is pertinent bc Melo brings it upon himself.

I'm not sure how or why some fans even bother. If you can't stand Melo, if you wanted to execute Phil because he dared to draft a European, if you can't stomach each trade and free agent signing... Why bother even keeping abreast of what is happening? To me, that is the classic battered housewife syndrome. Dolan is banking money.... CHA-Ching.

As for me.... Geez... Melo is the least of my problems with this team. They haven't won a title since I spent an hour as an ovum... We're talking decades of misery... The current spoiled brat running this team is the absolute worst... We haven't had a decent guard since Houston-Spree and haven't had a PG that was even slightly above avg in 25 years (barring a brief Kidd-Billups stint).

I don't spend a penny on this team... I don't buy the merchandise nor do I go to MSG. I don't have cablevision... Furthermore, I also am aware of the fact that it is all out of my control anyway...
Hate or love something, Dolan don't care and will do what he wants regardless.

There are real problems in the world that warrants anger and angst.... To be upset over sports? Angry at grown boys playing a Child's game? Man, those type of fans need a reality check.

There was a decade of misery before Melo... With Dolan, I imagine there will more pain in store. The only plus is we seem to have perfected misery... NYK have taken losing to near record setting heights.

So, some fans will bash Melo if he passes or if he doesn't... Sure, he has disappointed bc he hasn't improved his game... He isn't leader or a closer... And he failed here in NYC. He can't dribble, he isn't coordinated... He isn't clutch... This is why Fisher is a dope for that play design.

But... Was it Melo's fault Dolan is a tool and took over trade negotiations from Walsh, then picked up the team option on Chauncey only to use the 1 get out of a bad contract provision the new CBA allowed and amnestied Billups, then dealt for Bargnani (not Lowry)?

Dolan is why we are losers... Melo is simply too much salt poured in the pot... Makes the sauce bitter... But the chef will always be a bad cook despite changing the ingredients. Poor PORZ... Dolan family failed to build. Team for Ewing, then Melo, and now will squander Porz's career.

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
That and in this day and age guys don't stay in school for 4 years unless they're on the margin players.

PJ did good trading for him though, THJ looking like a bust for ATL, they even sent him down to the DLeague but brought him back after a couple of days.

Yeah Phil tried his best this offseason to make up for his previous STUPID offseason, trading Tim Hardaway Jr. on draft night for Rookie PG-Jerian Grant took away all my anger at Phil not selecting Winslow with the 4th pick. No hard feelings to THJ but Woodson became a Puppet-Coach when he put THJ in the main rotation plus in the closer-lineup. When we took a no-defense playing THJ out of the rotation we went on a 15-5 run to end the 2013-14 season.

Tiger .. the pic of KP being wide-open under the basket showing Melo with a clear path to throw KP a alley-oop pass for a easy bucket but didn't .. is actually one of Melo career of being selfish with his big men teammates Camby, Kenyon Martin, Nene, Amare, Tyson Chandler, and Dalembert. We seen Melo get trippple team by defenders several times and still take the shot.

mafra

Legend
Yeah Phil tried his best this offseason to make up for his previous STUPID offseason, trading Tim Hardaway Jr. on draft night for Rookie PG-Jerian Grant took away all my anger at Phil not selecting Winslow with the 4th pick. No hard feelings to THJ but Woodson became a Puppet-Coach when he put THJ in the main rotation plus in the closer-lineup. When we took a no-defense playing THJ out of the rotation we went on a 15-5 run to end the 2013-14 season.

Tiger .. the pic of KP being wide-open under the basket showing Melo with a clear path to throw KP a alley-oop pass for a easy bucket but didn't .. is actually one of Melo career of being selfish with his big men teammates Camby, Kenyon Martin, Nene, Amare, Tyson Chandler, and Dalembert. We seen Melo get trippple team by defenders several times and still take the shot.

Yeah, and compunded when you remember he is 1-19 shooting the final shot since 2013. The dude actually got mad bc a teammate was playing well (Lin).

I bet Dolan told PJ he had to re-sign Melo. 3 more years of this. And we thought the Amderson-Eisley, Curry, or Houston contracts were death knells.

mafra

Legend
NY Post:

PORTLAND, Ore. ? Carmelo Anthony was vindicated Friday, when the NBA acknowledged in its daily reports analyzing the final two minutes of games he was fouled by Rajon Rondo on his final heave during Thursday?s loss to the Kings.

After taking the inbounds pass with 4.6 seconds left at midcourt, Anthony drove to behind the arc, where he was met by Rondo and Rudy Gay. Replays appeared to show Rondo tugged at Anthony?s arm as Anthony rose for the shot, which missed off the left side of the rim as the buzzer sounded.

Rookie Kristaps Porzingis was open underneath, but it didn?t appear Anthony had enough time or a clear lane to get him a pass cleanly.

After the game, Anthony was coy but acknowledged he thought he was fouled. The incident came just one day after he lobbied to the referees through a small group of Knicks writers in Utah that he wasn?t getting any calls because he never resorts to flopping. Anthony has not been fined.

Of course, the NBA?s written report and $4 will get Anthony a good cup of coffee in one of the fine Portland cafes.

After the game, when asked him about the final shot, Anthony said, ?Did you see [the replay]? When you see it, let me know what you think about it in Portland.??

When asked why he didn?t argue to the referees after the final buzzer, a frustrated Anthony said, ?There?s nothing else to say to them. Just ask them. I don?t want to hear the explanations anymore.??

Anthony?s miss made him 1 for 19 in the final 10 seconds of a one-possession game since the 2012-2013 season. From 2010-2012, Anthony was 8 of 15 in the those situations (53.5 percent).