Game Thread: Timberwolves@Knicks 12/16/2015 7:30pm

DrB

Benchwarmer
If they lose this game it is on Fisher. When the opposing team is gaining momentum the last person you want to have in your back court is Sasha Vujacic.
When the team is losing momentum the last coach you want is FISHER. We are all hoping for a .500 season.....means I have to watch 42 losses ......BUT 42 wins beats 17. GO KNICKS

mafra

Legend
KAT stepped it up in the 4th period... Reminded everybody why he is the #1 pick. Melo and Affalo wilted down the stretch... Nothing new to see here...

I think with 3 games coming up in 4 days... Team conserved energy and thought it could coast thru the second half... Fortunately... It barely worked.

Minny is gonna be good in the future (if they get 1 more high lottery pick this upcoming draft)...

We caught a break with no KG.

LT continues to thrive in his role... Mr. Pump fake can get to the rack or drain a 3... If he can continue to play like this... And Galloway get his game back to what we saw from him tonight... We might get to 40 wins.

Too much Sasha tonight... But he is a pest.

The top 3 guys did what we need them to do...
Melo and AA had a combined 49, I believe?

I think we should take care of biz vs PHI... Then let's see if we can split the Chi-Orl games.

Broadway

All Star
Assumed game was on lock at half left to get something to eat and saw it ended up closer than it should. Interesting!

Kiyaman

Legend
Big THANX to Carmelo Anthony for playing like a all-around NBA star-player in the first half of the game only taking 5 shot attempts on a young 9-15 Wolves team. We had a 20 point lead at half-time from team scoring, and team defense.
The 2nd half of the game was the return of ISO-Melo .. we beat the Wolves by 5 points.

Melo played 18 minutes in the first half n 18 minutes in the 2nd half .. which 18 minutes benefit the Knicks as a team?
As a Knick fan i must be honest, our KP is good, but Towns is a up-coming super-star.

tiger0330

Legend
Big THANX to Carmelo Anthony for playing like a all-around NBA star-player in the first half of the game only taking 5 shot attempts on a young 9-15 Wolves team. We had a 20 point lead at half-time from team scoring, and team defense.
The 2nd half of the game was the return of ISO-Melo .. we beat the Wolves by 5 points.

Melo played 18 minutes in the first half n 18 minutes in the 2nd half .. which 18 minutes benefit the Knicks as a team?
As a Knick fan i must be honest, our KP is good, but Towns is a up-coming super-star.
I said in another thread I didnt know who was going to have the better career but it was going to be fun to watch. KAT I think is in a better position as far as development because he's a starting 5 on the Wolves but Prozingis plays 2 positions and he may be better suited to playing the 5 and not the PF spot he plays the majority of the time. I love his skill set but that PF spot may not be his natural position.

Kiyaman

Legend
I said in another thread I didnt know who was going to have the better career but it was going to be fun to watch. KAT I think is in a better position as far as development because he's a starting 5 on the Wolves but Prozingis plays 2 positions and he may be better suited to playing the 5 and not the PF spot he plays the majority of the time. I love his skill set but that PF spot may not be his natural position.

KAT is learning about his NBA career at the PF the same way Mchale & KG learned their career at PF by playing their first 2 seasons as the team center .. KAT is to athletic with good ball handle to be a teams center.

KP need the playing time n experience this season at the PF spot to take Rolo starting-center job next season

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
Melo played his best game this season by far. For the first time, he played within the offense. He waited for his shots and took his shots within the flow of the offense. He made smart passes and played very unselfish.

If Melo can play like this for the rest of the season, we are in good shape to make the playoffs. *fingers crossed*

tiger0330

Legend
Melo played his best game this season by far. For the first time, he played within the offense. He waited for his shots and took his shots within the flow of the offense. He made smart passes and played very unselfish.

If Melo can play like this for the rest of the season, we are in good shape to make the playoffs. *fingers crossed*
Glad to see an old member back, my join date is the same year as yours. Hardly seems possible that it's been 10 years since I joined KOL. I don't know if you've noticed but Rady has done a great job with the site, the forums haven't changed but the the home page is completely revamped and is a one stop source for Knicks news, stats, salaries and schedules. There is also a mobile version when you access KOL using a phone, just a great job by him.

I agree about Melo and I hope he gets a greater sense of satisfaction from his all around game and a win instead of scoring 30 pts in a loss. Time will tell, but I think he has more confidence in this group of guys with AA, kp6, Gallo, LT etc. in passing the ball instead of taking those heavily contested jumpers he sometimes takes or jacking up a three in transition with 20 secs on the clock.

Last edited: