New York vs Cleveland 01/28 Game Thread (W 99-96)

rady

Administrator
Staff member
knicks_100.gif
vs
cavaliers_100.gif

Lineups:

New York Knicks (17-24 ) ::11-11 at MSG
stephon_marbury.jpg
jamal_crawford.jpg
nazr_mohammed.jpg
trevor_ariza.jpg
kurt_thomas.jpg
herb_williams.jpg

Cleveland Cavaliers (25-16) :: 10-12 on Road
jeff_mcinnis.jpg
ira_newble.jpg
zydrunas_ilgauskas.jpg
lebron_james.jpg
drew_gooden.jpg
paul_silas.jpg

Game Time: 7:00 PM EST
TV: ESPN, MSG, MSGHD
Radio: 1050 ESPN

Game Recap
Knicks 99 - Cavs 96

Trin_Starr

Starter
I think we're going to see a big game offensively from H20....Isiah's comments on Houston's retirement has got to hurt his ego, so he'll be coming out tomorrow to show he's still got it.

DownUnderKnick3

Benchwarmer
Trin_Starr said:
I think we're going to see a big game offensively from H20....Isiah's comments on Houston's retirement has got to hurt his ego, so he'll be coming out tomorrow to show he's still got it.

He has to get out there first as there is still doubt on wether he will suit up or not but it's good that Penny is back and healthy as we were looking thin at the 3 and 2 guard spot.

With serious doubt on wether Lebron will play tomorrow the Knicks have no excuse to drop this game if James doesn't suit up. We do have our own injury concerns also but without Lebron the Cavs shouldn't be able to dictate terms like they did a few weeks ago when we played them.

This is simply a must win.

JStarks

Rookie
at least that douche bag varejeo isn't playing....ira newble isn't playing either, hopefully lebron doesn't play cuz we REALLY need a win

NYKnicks15

Starter
Newble & Varejeo are not playing and you CAN add LeBron James to that list...we have a good shot and thats sad to say we need people gone from the other team to win but its the truth. Lets see what we can do guys! GO KNICKS!

NYKnicks15

Starter
as the knicks are down by 12!!! Isiah was interviewed he said a few good things (involving marbury, jackson and brown) and one very odd thing. He said the 103 million dollar salary knicks are in a GOOD SALARY SITUATION!!! im flabbergasted (yes im going to use that word for this) any comments?

NYKnicks15 said:
as the knicks are down by 12!!! Isiah was interviewed he said a few good things (involving marbury, jackson and brown) and one very odd thing. He said the 103 million dollar salary knicks are in a GOOD SALARY SITUATION!!! im flabbergasted (yes im going to use that word for this) any comments?

The Knicks just plain old suck. They have no heart to play this game. Their passion to win is gone. All they're doing is shooting with no defense. The Knicks need new management, new players, and better coaching. The Knicks are going nowhere this season but down. Too bad no one good is on the lottery pick right now for them.

NYKnicks15

Starter
I agree when i wrote that they were playing with no heart, no defense but after halftime i really have to say they stepped it up. there playing decent ball. not as where they should be. but good ball none the less. Brewer has showed me a lot im not sayings hes incredible but hes fast, goes for the rebounds, fights for the ball and plays goood D.

Yea I brought that up in another post i believe and I cant agree anymore...there is nobody really in the lottery unless we go for someone like Hakim Warrick which i really like SYRACUSE baby ANYWAY...

I think this offseason will be a great one for us. I really have faith in what Isiah will do with Tim and Pennys contracts. Aswell as the coaching situation. Maybe well get another lucky pick like in Ariza.....going to watch the game! GO KNICKS!

pbjb14

Benchwarmer
yesssss huggeeee win ....finally :p....... going on a long road trip after dropping 10 of last 11 what more do you need more then a huge performance from nazzr and crawford (other then a injury from lebron) ....this feels really good a big load of herb williams's shoulders finally he can settle down and c what we can do

madskillz7312

Benchwarmer
I haven't posted in a while.... coincidently the Knicks win thier game and i'm back....

Cavs had alot of chances but was a good win. Crawford has his move and Ariza had the sick reverse. Also I mentioned Penny Hardway is clutch still in a post a while back. When everyone was saying get rid of him. He always goes noticed, he hit a huge shot.

JaDaMeL05

Benchwarmer
The Cavs missed 2 starters, and an important role players, and we only win by 3... A win is a win, im not complaining. But I know the knicks can do better than this. Lets see how we hold up against Detroit, its payback time. (SICK MOVE BY J.CRAWFORD)

DownUnderKnick3

Benchwarmer
This was a solid victory by the Knicks and hopefully it gets them on the right track. I don't think it's a win we should get to carryed away with though as the Cavs were playing without 3 of their main guys including Lebron James but nevertheless a win is a win.

I agree in the first half the Knicks looked like they had no heart and played terrible defence but to their credit they came out energized in the second half and even though their defence wasn't great they were atleast playing with intensity and putting pressure on the Cavs which was something they didn't even look like doing in the first half.

The biggest positive out of this game was the play by Penny Hardaway, he had only just joined the team after 3 weeks away but came back and fitted in beautifully and he hit that crucial jumper with 36 seconds left to give the Knicks that 3 point edge. Even though he most likely will be traded in the off-season, the better he plays the better he and his expiring contract look to the other teams.

Yes that was an odd comment made by Isiah regarding the Knicks salary cap, im guessing he was meaning that salary cap situation we will have in the future with the few expiring contracts we have.

NYKnicks15

Starter
very good analysis. we cant get carried away because are next few games will be hell. starting with detroit.

I was impressed by the play of Brewer (defensively, heart, rebounds, speed) and i was very happy for Penny. Especially after hearing he never demanded a trade (which could be BS but ill accept that as the truth) Good play by penny and to play through that ankle roll was great! and even though it was one basket im happy for Bruno you can tell the whole bench was happy for him haha

in the press conference Isiah said it was more than likely hed keep the contracts of penny and tim until the 06 deadline. which is okay i guess. im leaning towards keeping them until they run out unless u can get a good front court player with it. then let allans contract run out and make a run with that money at LeBron in 07/08

e_D

Benchwarmer
It's been a while since our last win, but we edged it out tonite thankfully. It's a start.

Can someone tell me which Knicks were on the floor the final defensive play of the game? Thanks.