Game Thread: New York Knicks @ San Antonio Spurs 8:30pm 1/8/2016

tiger0330

Legend
A force? really, force.. lets be honest robin lopez has been the force in the middle for the knicks. porzigis is good with the weakside blocks and blocks from behind, I hardly call that a force..

But as far as mudiay, i guess you don't watch him play. but he is every bit the talent that porzingis is, injuries have derailed him a bit, but if you are talking potential as most of you like to do here, then you have to accurately assess mudiay as well and to say he is no where near the caliber of porzingis then you are failing to do so...

The knicks have been looking for a PG for many years and have failed to put a high level talent on the court at that position. the knicks could have gotten a shot blocker rebounder later in the draft.. IE: bobby portis who IMO is also every bit the talent porzingis is.... for what they do..

It is ok to be excited about porzingis, but if you watch a lot of other games around the league, look at a lot of young players, it will help you put some things in perspective, I could run down some game logs of some young bigs in this league, and it will shock you and they are not playing as many minutes as porzingis...
Be real who's drinking Kool-Aid re: Mudiay. Mudiay 31% FG%, 25% from 3 and a 68% FT%. And he's not even in the discussion for being one of this years top rookies. I've seen a few games of his early in the season and along with mediocre shootong numbers he was turning the ball over like crazy in those early games. The kid has a lot to prove and at this point he can't carry Porzingis golf bag.

mafra

Legend
You have a right to believe what you want, but 99.999% of anyone even remotely rated to the BBall industry, if given the opportunity, would not hesitate to draft KP 2 or 3 if they re-drafted this class again tomorrow.

Mudiay was hurt last year... Hurt again this year... Part of being great is being able to actually play the game. Some players just can't stay healthy.

Knicks need a PG... But you don't pass on an Anthony Davis so you can settle and draft a Raymond Felton.

Who really knows about Mudiay? He's played in a few games in China, and a few in DEN. Sure, based on High School tape... The kid looks dominant.

Tkf

Benchwarmer
Be real who's drinking Kool-Aid re: Mudiay. Mudiay 31% FG%, 25% from 3 and a 68% FT%. And he's not even in the discussion for being one of this years top rookies. I've seen a few games of his early in the season and along with mediocre shootong numbers he was turning the ball over like crazy in those early games. The kid has a lot to prove and at this point he can't carry Porzingis golf bag.

landry fields was once discussed as a top rookie.. so what does that really mean? you have seen a few games, I have seen all of his games, the kid has a boat load of talent... Heck porzingis and his skinny arms couldn't probably carry his own golf bags...

these comments just show you guys live in the moment and go way overboard... but if you want to post numbers do you really think that 42% fg and 33% from three is that great to even start differentiating young talent from one another?

I guess mudiay's teamate nikola jokic who shoots 54%FG and 38% from three is in a different world from both mudiay and porzingis.. right?

Posting numbers like you did and blindly making comments prove my point.. a lot of you guys don't watch ball outside of the knicks..

Tkf

Benchwarmer
You have a right to believe what you want, but 99.999% of anyone even remotely rated to the BBall industry, if given the opportunity, would not hesitate to draft KP 2 or 3 if they re-drafted this class again tomorrow.

Mudiay was hurt last year... Hurt again this year... Part of being great is being able to actually play the game. Some players just can't stay healthy.

Knicks need a PG... But you don't pass on an Anthony Davis so you can settle and draft a Raymond Felton.

Who really knows about Mudiay? He's played in a few games in China, and a few in DEN. Sure, based on High School tape... The kid looks dominant.

well show me where that % of people validate your opinion.. if you think that porzingis is Anthony davis and Mudiay is felton then again, it shows you lack any objectivity.... and you only see things through knick colored glasses..

And what is funny the irony.. you talk about mudiay being hurt yet you used anthony davis to try to prove your point.. LOL...

mudiay doesn't have a history of being hurt.. no more than any other rookie.. Again you are living in the moment... I guarantee you if the knicks took mudiay in this draft your view of him would be 100% different....

tiger0330

Legend
landry fields was once discussed as a top rookie.. so what does that really mean? you have seen a few games, I have seen all of his games, the kid has a boat load of talent... Heck porzingis and his skinny arms couldn't probably carry his own golf bags...

these comments just show you guys live in the moment and go way overboard... but if you want to post numbers do you really think that 42% fg and 33% from three is that great to even start differentiating young talent from one another?

I guess mudiay's teamate nikola jokic who shoots 54%FG and 38% from three is in a different world from both mudiay and porzingis.. right?

Posting numbers like you did and blindly making comments prove my point.. a lot of you guys don't watch ball outside of the knicks..
Your guys Mudiay or Jokic didn't win 2 consecutive Rookie of the Month awards like Porzingis has done which shows he's getting recognition from others besides NY media and Knicks fans.

I'm not predicting what Mudiay's ceiling is going to be because I thought Curry was going to be a bust when he was going through those ankle injuries like Mudiay is going through now, but as of right now Porzingis is better. His numbers prove that and he's getting recognition for it from the league.

Tkf

Benchwarmer
Your guys Mudiay or Jokic didn't win 2 consecutive Rookie of the Month awards like Porzingis has done which shows he's getting recognition from others besides NY media and Knicks fans.

I'm not predicting what Mudiay's ceiling is going to be because I thought Curry was going to be a bust when he was going through those ankle injuries like Mudiay is going through now, but as of right now Porzingis is better. His numbers prove that and he's getting recognition for it from the league.

those things are meaningless.. again that is not a way to judge talent.. here is a list of rookie of the month winners..

landry fields.. both november and december like porzingis.

Brandon jennings won it 4 times including 3 months in a row..

Terrance williams(who is now out of the league)

Yi jilian

Jonas Jerekbo

MCW won it 4 times..

Trey Burke won it 3 times

Jordan Clarkson won it

Rodney Hood won it..

Again looking at the names on this list.. tell me what does winning rookie of the month have to do with A) what the knicks need and B) how good a player is or is going to be? please explain that to me?

it also doesn't mean one player is better than the other, it means right now he is playing better. thats all

you are recognized for playing well. Ok no one said porzingis is playing bad, but NY knicks fans have to have it one way.. if he is not going to be a star then you are either a hater or out of touch with the 99.9% of the people that you feel agree with your opinion.... go figure..

mafra

Legend

Mudiay is shooting 31.2% from the field and 25% from 3-point land & 68.2% from the FT line... KP is shooting 42.4% & 33.6% & 86.7 respectively...

PORZ is 7"3' and is clearly the better shooter. Just look at that FT disparity... Getting a free shot 10-feet from the basket and KP is elite while EM way below avg.

KP is 7th in the NBA in blocked shots... He's tied with Bosh, Vucevic, D-Green for 18th in NBA in double doubles (14).

EM has a 5:4 assist:to ratio...

EM is hurt now. He was hurt last year too, in his first professional stint in China.

I don't care if some yahoo watched every minute of each game he has played in DEN... PORZ is clearly the better player this year. What the future holds? Who knows... But the NBA is replete and littered with athletic guards who can drive and dish, penetrate and pass... How many guys like Davis, Bosh, Dirk, Gasol, KP?

Unfortunately, NYK don't have a guard... But... That doesn't mean I would throw KP back and grab EM if I had a re-do.

Not sure why we are even discussing this? I get that some people hated the pick based on ignorance (he was white, euro, skinny, in a funny suite, never saw him play)... But after nearly a half a season... To still doubt? Man... Some should return and live in the moment... Real estate on planet delusional is skyrocketing.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Reading this thread is depressing. I'm just looking forward to this continued progress. I get the vibe from this team that there is potential unlike seeing our past teams with guys such as J.R. and Shumpert (I don't dislike them as players, but I don't have the confidence in them right now). Actually, I did see potential in them, but yeah, some of the things that happened on those teams makes me think their situation is better with LeBron.

btw I'm a real estate agent. Shoot me a PM if you need help.