Game Thread: New York Knicks vs Milwaukee Bucks 7:30pm 1/10/2016

mafra

Legend
Third time this year Melo has posted at least a 20-10-7 line...

NYK are 19-20. They would be the 8th seed in the West (1/2 game behind the 7th seed). Unfortunately, they're only 10th in the East.

We get BOS on Tuesday... They're the 9th seed. We lost in BOS already... We must beat them... Let's go!

Tkf

Benchwarmer
I bet Greg Monroe feels like a real dingus now. Have fun in MIL collecting paychecks... Parker and Greek Freak are like 2 SFs.... They have no guards and Middleton is overpaid. Could've been part of something special in NY... But some shy away from that spotlight... some don't want to be the man (fearing backlash if exposed)... Amare and Melo and PORZ embraced it...

Anyway... Just imagine our ceiling if we find a way to get a legit PG!

lets not act like he chose the bucks over the spurs. The knicks are still a sub 500 team and the bucks beat the knicks as well this season. Neither team is good. difference is monroe is on a team full of young talent. So he feels he is in a good place. Long term Is his goal I guess...

Tkf

Benchwarmer
LOVE this new MELO....pinch me.

don't worry, over the next few games the knicks face the celtics, clippers, memphis and utah...you will see the same carmelo he has always been.. this new carmelo stuff is so over played..

mafra

Legend
Everyone, of course, is entitled to their own opinion...
But, if it were me laying it on the line, IDK... Parker, Greek Freak, MCW, Middleton or Porzingis, Thomas, Williams, Grant? Oh, and Then there's MIL vs NYC. Plus, NYK have a true star Melo... MIL... They don't possess a talent like Melo.

We shall see what happens this Summer... See what free agents think... But I would favor NYK over MIL...

You do realize if NY were in the WC they would be a playoff team. MIL is way below .500.

Tkf

Benchwarmer
Everyone, of course, is entitled to their own opinion...
But, if it were me laying it on the line, IDK... Parker, Greek Freak, MCW, Middleton or Porzingis, Thomas, Williams, Grant? Oh, and Then there's MIL vs NYC. Plus, NYK have a true star Melo... MIL... They don't possess a talent like Melo.

We shall see what happens this Summer... See what free agents think... But I would favor NYK over MIL...

You do realize if NY were in the WC they would be a playoff team. MIL is way below .500.

first i realize that the knicks are in the east and if they were in the west they would not be playing the sixers 4 times,maybe you face the thunder, spurs and warriors 4 times, do you think the knicks would be in playoff contention? I doubt it... remember the west is top heavy the two top teams in the west are the best in the NBA, they beat everyone which is why you also see a lot of average records amongst the middle playoff teams... The cavs are the top team in the east, in the west they are barely holding the 4th spot over the clippers... again don't let the lower team records in the west fool you into believing the west is weak... The hornets came out west got handled by the clippers and beat by the 14 win nuggets last night..

As far as the bucks please stop with this true star.. CARMELO IS NOT A TRUE STAR.. please cut it out... the bucks top to bottom has more talent than the knicks.. the knicks don't have a player like chris middleton or parker or the freak and to be honest the knicks would even love to have a very flawed PG like MKW..... heck bayless would be a huge upgrade at PG.. not sure what you are looking at but to be fair to the team you like you have to honestly and accurately assess all talent, and if you do so, you would not be calling carmelo a True star.... you would also understand that the bucks have way more talent than the knicks. it's not close.. which makes their season so far a failure because they are just not playing good ball at all..

I am not sure what that means.. milwaukee already beat the knicks out on a free agent they coveted... maybe it is not the bucks the knicks will be competing with, maybe it is the Hornets, or the magic... I could see a free agent choosing those teams over the knicks easily...

Last edited:

mafra

Legend
I wouldn't want MCW... He is nothing special. The Bucks don't have 1 guy as talented as Melo and PORZ will be the better player in 3 years than Parker (who lost to Leheigh in the NCAA tourney while at Duke), Greek Freak or Middleton.

I would take Williams and Thomas over Middleton. He is an overpaid bench player... Not a 70 mil starting forward.

If the EC is so inferior then what does it say about MIL?

Monroe opted for MIL bc last year they appeared to have a brighter future... Made the playoffs and put up a fight in the playoffs.... Plus, he's a southern gent born in New Orleans who preferred going to a place with less pressure and lower emphasis on winning... Also, Melo was hurt, nobody knew about PORZ, and DW-RL-AA weren't here... And who could see that LT would grow so much?

Look... We get it. You don't like Melo... You actually think Mudiay is the better player than POrZ. A player like Mudiay is available every draft.... Show me how many 7"3' players can impact game on both sides of the court (Block shots, hit threes, shoot 80%from FT, take guys off the dribble). How many highlights from EM this season? Oh wait... He is hurt again. PORZ is the human highlight reel.

If you can't give credit to a player when he is playing well then why should others listen to your caterwauling when pile on a guy when the player is performing poorly? If you can't be objective... Then go root for MIL.

Last edited:

Broadway

All Star
Porzingis is playing well but Knick fans live in a bubble and are very unstable emotionally when it comes to this team. Just 2 weeks ago everyone wanted Fisher's head on a platter and Lopez and Calderon traded at the deadline. Do these feelings remain? Would anyone welcome Calderon being trade for Steph's brother so we can dump his salary since many felt Calderon doesn't really factor into losing or winning? What is Lopez and Calderon's current league value, is it high...would it produce a great ROI?

As far as the other young talent, there are players out there who have quite a bit upside, don't be fooled just because you're in love. When they get their playing time we're gonna quickly find out.

Monroe is the same Bum you guys clamored over all last season right up to the 23rd hour until when we found out we weren't getting him. Told ya he was SLOTH trash. While beating Atl was a positive 2gm movement against better teams our record overall is still atrocious against teams with winning records. Better than last yr, yes we are but still far away from being a good team.

Last edited:

DrB

Benchwarmer
I wouldn't want MCW... He is nothing special. The Bucks don't have 1 guy as talented as Melo and PORZ will be the better player in 3 years than Parker (who lost to Leheigh in the NCAA tourney while at Duke), Greek Freak or Middleton.

I would take Williams and Thomas over Middleton. He is an overpaid bench player... Not a 70 mil starting forward.

Monroe opted for MIL bc last year they appeared to have a brighter future... Made the playoffs and put up a fight in the playoffs.... Plus, he's a southern gent born in New Orleans who preferred going to a place with less pressure and lower emphasis on winning... Also, Melo was hurt, nobody knew about PORZ, and DW-RL-AA weren't here... And who could see that LT would grow so much?

Look... We get it. You don't like Melo... You actually think Mudiay is the better player than POrZ. A player like Mudiay is available every draft.... Show me how many 7"3' players can impact game on both sides of the court (Block shots, hit threes, shoot 80%from FT, take guys off the dribble). How many highlights from EM this season? Oh wait... He is hurt again. PORZ is the human highlight reel.

If you can't give credit to a player when he is playing well then why should others listen to your caterwauling when pile on a guy when the player is performing poorly? If you can't be objective... Then go root for MIL.
Magadtto's my man MAFRA

Tkf

Benchwarmer

you are not living in reality... and no MCW is nothing special but considering that and looking at the fact that he is probably better than any PG we had since marbury tells you how much we needed a PG.

Next saying you would take thomas and williams over middleton shows me you have absolutely zero objectivity when it comes to the knicks...

no you don't get it, it doesn't matter if I don't like carmelo, HE ISN'T A STAR.. AND i SAID i Like Mudiay better for the knicks and what they needed.. I don't know who will be better.. But assume both become really good players.. why not get what you need?

I am not here to give credit, I will let you guys do that.. I don't have discussions to give credit, the play and record will speak for itself... porzingis is playing well but that doesn't ok, so since I said he is playing well, can you be more objective?

and why do i need to show you a 7'3 player who can impact a game on both sides of the floor. I can show you a 5'11 player, a 6'5 player , a 6'10 player who can do that.. why must he be 7'3? his size will only matter if he uses it... being a jump shooter is not a great way to maximize that height..

Tkf

Benchwarmer
Porzingis is playing well but Knick fans live in a bubble and are very unstable emotionally when it comes to this team. Just 2 weeks ago everyone wanted Fisher's head on a platter and Lopez and Calderon traded at the deadline. Do these feelings remain? Would anyone welcome Calderon being trade for Steph's brother so we can dump his salary since many felt Calderon doesn't really factor into losing or winning? What is Lopez and Calderon's current league value, is it high...would it produce a great ROI?

As far as the other young talent, there are players out there who have quite a bit upside, don't be fooled just because you're in love. When they get their playing time we're gonna quickly find out.

Monroe is the same Bum you guys clamored over all last season right up to the 23rd hour until when we found out we weren't getting him. Told ya he was SLOTH trash. While beating Atl was a positive 2gm movement against better teams our record overall is still atrocious against teams with winning records. Better than last yr, yes we are but still far away from being a good team.

excellent point.... and lets be honest, if the knicks had MCW, monroe, middleton and the greek freak, you would be hearing comparisons to that 72 win bulls team.. LOL..

pat

Starter
Have to love this new Melo.
100 per cent. I never thought we could see this happen from a guy this deep into his career. Let's hope he can maintain that frame of mind. He somehow seems like a new, more reflected version of himself. From the Early interview, over his visit to Rykers Island, to playing within the system.
You can say what you want about Fisher's substitution pattern and also about what Phil's has got us in return trading away key players. But it seems they really established a more stable, positive locker room. Returning from two losing streaks with great effort on both ends of the floor and your star player not trying to put himself above the team seems like a major achievement considering what the last few years looked like.

mafra

Legend

I would dump Calderon in a heartbeat... But, I think some fans who never really played organized sports discount the impact temates have off the court on team chemistry. Calderon and Lopez are vet leaders who are molding this team the same way Kidd and Wallace did.

Some people are so reactionary and quick to judgement they wanted to levy a verdict 10 games into the season... Their indictments were crude and rash... Even the great trio in MIA stumbled their first twenty games together. We have a slightly above average team... Jumping on them before their core had 10 games together was foolish.

Now that the players have had time to play together... Now that the chemistry has formed... We've seen the growth.

I know that some people clammored for Winslow or Mudiay and killed PJ for KP. We would have 5-10 less wins if we followed the advice of some on these boards. The same who said we got nada for Shump trade (hello LT) and felt ROLO was a waste. Anybody notice we went from last to first in defending the 3? Helps having a big in the middle.

Now... This is not saying that ROLO and Calderon and the rest are foundation pieces... But equally as true is denial, and saying these guys are busts who contribute nada.

And... Yeah... Melo is healthy now and playing well. I'm shocked to see his growth. I would still trade him now, if possible, to build around KP.... But he is playing well enough to envision winning next year if we attract a PG and another quality player.

Tkf

Benchwarmer
I would dump Calderon in a heartbeat... But, I think some fans who never really played organized sports discount the impact temates have off the court on team chemistry. Calderon and Lopez are vet leaders who are molding this team the same way Kidd and Wallace did.

Some people are so reactionary and quick to judgement they wanted to levy a verdict 10 games into the season... Their indictments were crude and rash... Even the great trio in MIA stumbled their first twenty games together. We have a slightly above average team... Jumping on them before their core had 10 games together was foolish.

Now that the players have had time to play together... Now that the chemistry has formed... We've seen the growth.

I know that some people clammored for Winslow or Mudiay and killed PJ for KP. We would have 5-10 less wins if we followed the advice of some on these boards. The same who said we got nada for Shump trade (hello LT) and felt ROLO was a waste. Anybody notice we went from last to first in defending the 3? Helps having a big in the middle.

Now... This is not saying that ROLO and Calderon and the rest are foundation pieces... But equally as true is denial, and saying these guys are busts who contribute nada.

And... Yeah... Melo is healthy now and playing well. I'm shocked to see his growth. I would still trade him now, if possible, to build around KP.... But he is playing well enough to envision winning next year if we attract a PG and another quality player.

so you are saying that porzingis is responsible for 10 wins? so let me get this straight, take porzingis off this team, add in winslow or mudiay and the knicks are 10-29?

ok, well there you go, if you believe that then the so called chemistry that guys like lopez and calderon are building as you claim is a bunch of horse dung!

you can't claim the value of guys like that, but feel if we take a rookie off the team the team is basically the nets....

when you lack objectivity these are the kinds of comments you make.. calderon and lopez are guys I would get rid of tomorrow, I don't care about a couple of wins now.. This team as it is will never win a playoff series if it could ever luck up and get into the playoffs... I look at it like this.. the more they play the less guys like grant gets to play.. now lopez to a lesser extent since the knicks have no real bigs... but calderon I would dump for nothing in return...