Game Thread: New York Knicks vs Philadelphia Sixers 1:00pm 1/18/2016

mafra

Legend
Reggie shoved down our guy... Two arm push to the back... No call... Steals ball, steps back, drains a 3... We lose. Ousted from playoffs... Yet where was the balance when Hibbert got away with 7 fouls a game? Oh well... Indy got the break in two playoff matchups... Maybe in 2019 we'll catch a break that sends us to Conf Finals.

Broadway

All Star
I was watching the Pistons/Warriors game and they had this referee Brian Forte that clearly missed a foul on a Steph Curry drive by Baynes. Curry was hot after he got up from the deck that a foul wasn't called and to add insult to injury Forte T'd him up for complaining. Out of curiousity I looked Forte up and he is a first year referee, I wonder how many of the ref's in the NBA this year are 1st year referees? The inexperience of the referees might explain my observation that there are more bad calls being made than in past years.

I don't think the calls are any more egregious to be honest with exception to rule changes(which may have created a wider gap) to make more judgement calls. I mean which is worse what we're witnessing now or the Donaghy Scandal/Chronicles? You can't have it both ways. Superstar calls have been going on literally every since for sure Jordan's arrival. Joey Crawford was throwing Duncan and Don Nelson out of games for extremely petty-trivial stuff. Caldwell Pope got ejected last night for naturally protesting calls...Kobe called them out publicly 7yrs or so ago and said Refs were too ''sensitive". Fines have been levied out at alarming rates from coaches and players complaining over the last 20yrs or so.

Take this trash out to the dumpster this case is soft as cotton candy.

You guys are making much to do about nothing. In the end this comes back to all 30 teams are governed by the same incompetent refs, therefore to complain as if your team is getting the worst of the worst is juvenile and transferring the Diva on the court in a player to you as a fan. Stop being Divas

Last edited:

Broadway

All Star
Reggie shoved down our guy... Two arm push to the back... No call... Steals ball, steps back, drains a 3... We lose. Ousted from playoffs... Yet where was the balance when Hibbert got away with 7 fouls a game? Oh well... Indy got the break in two playoff matchups... Maybe in 2019 we'll catch a break that sends us to Conf Finals.

We got rewarded the yr prior with an appearance in the 1994 Finals and then in the lockout yr 1999 or did you black out those yrs of reffing then as "ALL GOOD and JUDICIAL" GTHOH!

Broadway

All Star
We got rewarded the yr prior with an appearance in the 1994 Finals and then in the lockout yr 1999 or did you black out those yrs of reffing then as "ALL GOOD and JUDICIAL" GTHOH!

TIME TO EXPOSE

What about the Hubert Davis and Larry Johnson calls did you blackout then?

mafra

Legend
Davis was a makeup for all those Jordan star calls... LJ was to atone for the Ewing suspension and the Miller shove... Still waiting for the Hibbert vertilcality nonsense to be made balanced... So NYK still behind the calls.

And your use of CAPS suggests to me you failed to see my tongue-in-cheek use of humor... I WASN'T SERIOUS. I did it knowing you would get all preachy and break out the LJ shot.

I forgot about the Davis call... But Pippen is a baby who sat on the bench bc coach gave shot to a Euro... He deserved it.

jimkcchief88

All Star
That's funny how even bringing up Reggie Miller gets such a response from us KNIcKs fans after so many years. I can just now watch games Reggie is doing....I much prefer Hubie or JVG/Mark Jackson or Kevin Harlan. Yep I remember Hibbert fouling Melo on that failed dunk attempt that sent us home. But I guess that's Broadways problem. He hates Melo so much that when true KNIcKs fans complain our star doesn't get "star treatment" from the Zebras Broadway has to take offense. Shame:(

mafra

Legend
That's funny how even bringing up Reggie Miller gets such a response from us KNIcKs fans after so many years. I can just now watch games Reggie is doing....I much prefer Hubie or JVG/Mark Jackson or Kevin Harlan. Yep I remember Hibbert fouling Melo on that failed dunk attempt that sent us home. But I guess that's Broadways problem. He hates Melo so much that when true KNIcKs fans complain our star doesn't get "star treatment" from the Zebras Broadway has to take offense. Shame:(

Said reality is NYK had two high first round picks in that 1987 draft... We swung deals and brought in two chumps (both of whom were off the team within a year or two) and ended up with Mark Jax that draft, instead of Scottie Pippen and Reggie Miller. We grabbed Rod Strickland the next year...

Imagine Strickland, Miller, Pippen, Oakley, Ewing!!! Talk about a wild ride in the 90s.

jimkcchief88

All Star
I miss those 90's teams and those games:( man you could feel the electricity coming thru your TV when the Garden started chanting "defense" and we'd come up with a big steal or block. That's what originally drew me too the KNIcKs because they played like we played in our local gym: no easy buckets!!!! The older guys wouldn't even give u a foul if you tried to call some late, tickey tack crap. So when I watch NBA games nowadays knowing that they call the games tight to control the big, scary black men playing so fights don't break out and scare rich whitey in the $5000 courtside seats on cellphones, I wince. It makes for boring hoops with too many stoppages of play. But of course you gotta get those commercials in as its a corporate game now, not our game we grew up loving and playing:(

Broadway

All Star

I actually gave Melo some credit for the victory but your defense mechanisms are so strong you didn't even take time to notice.

Complaining about reffing has nothing to do with Melo(although his complaints in the media about it accomplished nothing). It's about simple and basic viewership....not overblowing what takes place in games onto a message board. I think I've more than adequately provided better intel on why it shouldn't be done than the counter argument.