Ty Lawson in Sunday's Mavs game

tiger0330

Legend
Sweet sequence of moves by Lawson to get past Mejri. Crossover, spin move, step back and taking it strong to the rim for a AND 1. Only thing sweeter would be if he did it against Dirk. Man I wish those rumors were true about Lawson to the Knicks.

giphy.gif

tiger0330

Legend
Actually credit Mejri for staying with Lawson, some guys would have had their ankles broken with that crossover or two steps behind after that spin move.

Kiyaman

Legend
Sweet sequence of moves by Lawson to get past Mejri. Crossover, spin move, step back and taking it strong to the rim for a AND 1. Only thing sweeter would be if he did it against Dirk. Man I wish those rumors were true about Lawson to the Knicks.

giphy.gif

So far all of Carmelo Anthony ex-teammates that came to the Knicks showed they dont have any team-chemistry with Melo .. from Billups and the crew that came along with Melo in the trade, to the Knicks signing of JR, Camby, K-Mart, and now Afflalo.

How well did Ty Lawson do with Melo in Denver, compared to without Melo in Denver???

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
So far all of Carmelo Anthony ex-teammates that came to the Knicks showed they dont have any team-chemistry with Melo .. from Billups and the crew that came along with Melo in the trade, to the Knicks signing of JR, Camby, K-Mart, and now Afflalo.

How well did Ty Lawson do with Melo in Denver, compared to without Melo in Denver???
This is a different Melo and team though. You can definitely learn from the past, but that doesn't mean every instance is similar

tiger0330

Legend
The Knicks don't have one guard on their roster that can do what Lawson did on that play. We haven't seen this type of play for a couple of years since RayRay left. Lawson is a ball handler extraordinaire.

Pipe dream on my part the Knicks even try to get him, look at the rest of their team in that pic. The Rockets play a modern NBA spread offense not the triangle, PJ would never get a ball dominant guard for the triangle.

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
Ty Lawson started out slow in Houston because Hardin controls the rock .. just like Melo controls the rock
Harden and Melo want to be the star high scorer of EVERY game .. jut like ball-hogger Kobe Bryant.
Any time these star scorers has a poor shooting night their team lose the game because they dont want to pass the rock.
The worst part of these star scorers are they expect the referee to call a foul on every opponent that defends them.
Our first 4 years of Melo ALWAYS arguing with the ref while the ball were still in play leading to our opponents scoring 95% of the time. O.K Melo has change a few of his bad habits, then again i recall Melo changing a few of his bad habits the first season he played with PG Billups to go to the WCF, the next season Melo picked up his old ways to get blown-out in the first round by the Jazz.

mafra

Legend
Lawson or Jennings are our two best options bc they possess the most potential for guys we can reasonably trade for.

mafra

Legend
Lawson or Jennings are our two best options bc they possess the most potential for guys we can reasonably trade for.

tiger0330

Legend
The other thing you notice about this is Lawson beat the teeth of the Mavs 2-3 defense by waiting for Dirk to leave the paint to beat the 3 second call before making his break to the basket. Dude can play and break down a defense.

Broadway

All Star
Lawson is okay but let's not forget he's a...

1 - DRUNK
2 - Cancer
3 - Needs a new deal, probably not a long term solution

Hey did anyone see DeMarcus Cousins yesterday almost score 60pts but got called for a suspect 6th foul in OT, which ultimately cost his team the victory. I bet Sacramento HAD THE WORST OFFICIATING CREW OF ALL THE GAMES THAT EVENING. The refs must hate their team and want them to not make the postseason.

Tkf

Benchwarmer

1 - DRUNK
2 - Cancer

Hey did anyone see DeMarcus Cousins yesterday almost score 60pts but got called for a suspect 6th foul in OT, which ultimately cost his team the victory. I bet Sacramento HAD THE WORST OFFICIATING CREW OF ALL THE GAMES THAT EVENING. The refs must hate their team and want them to not make the postseason.

LOL you nuts, I did watch that game and that call was suspect but cousins did swing his elbow, the guy has no self control.

As far as lawson, I follow the nuggets team, have been since the gallo trade, and lawson is not the answer to any teams PG problems, he has a lot of personal issues himself he must solve.And as you said, he needs a new deal.

but it is typical of the knicks to want to go after scraps like that instead of drafting a PG.

instead we drafted a 7'3 jump shooter.. go figure.... but that is another topic..

Broadway

All Star

1 - DRUNK
2 - Cancer

Maybe I'm just being over-dramatic after seeing the results the same crew allowed this to happen in that game

troll_rondo.0.gif

Instead of calling a tech on Rondo for intentionally stalling Kemba, they allow this to continue for practically a full minute and Kemba missed the free throw in a very tight game. Here I was thinking refs only have it bad for maybe 2-3 teams in this league but it looks like they don't have a clue how to go about doing their job, regardless of whose playing. What a shame

I wonder if there is other evidence like this on the web, I found this pretty easily actually.

Last edited:

Broadway

All Star
LOL you nuts, I did watch that game and that call was suspect but cousins did swing his elbow, the guy has no self control.

As far as lawson, I follow the nuggets team, have been since the gallo trade, and lawson is not the answer to any teams PG problems, he has a lot of personal issues himself he must solve.And as you said, he needs a new deal.

but it is typical of the knicks to want to go after scraps like that instead of drafting a PG.

instead we drafted a 7'3 jump shooter.. go figure.... but that is another topic..

Cousins is bat nutty looney and he did swing a little on the board but all the contact they let go during a game and they call that? He is an all-star(gonna be) probably BEST PURE BIG INSIDE/OUTSIDE PAINT ALL ANGLES AND SPACES ON THE COURT SCORER IN THE LEAGUE. You don't disqualify All-Stars on a play like this, it should have been a very clear transgression otherwise let it go, let the players decide it. Boogie was gonna score 60 I tell you. I think the league hates him more than Melo now that I've had a chance to think about it.

If I were the Kings I'm sending tape to the league on Frank Kaminsky on that play. He should be heavily fined for flopping. I'm talking like maybe $100,000. The league needs to send a strong message this cost the Kings the game, don't they understand, they're trying to make the playoffs.

I wonder if Collison is available? I'd trade them Seraphin and a 2019 2nd rounder(from Cavs) for him.

Tkf

Benchwarmer
Cousins is bat nutty looney and he did swing a little on the board but all the contact they let go during a game and they call that? He is an all-star(gonna be) probably BEST PURE BIG INSIDE/OUTSIDE PAINT ALL ANGLES AND SPACES ON THE COURT SCORER IN THE LEAGUE. You don't disqualify All-Stars on a play like this, it should have been a very clear transgression otherwise let it go, let the players decide it. Boogie was gonna score 60 I tell you. I think the league hates him more than Melo now that I've had a chance to think about it.

If I were the Kings I'm sending tape to the league on Frank Kaminsky on that play. He should be heavily fined for flopping. I'm talking like maybe $100,000. The league needs to send a strong message this cost the Kings the game, don't they understand, they're trying to make the playoffs.

I wonder if Collison is available? I'd trade them Seraphin and a 2019 2nd rounder(from Cavs) for him.

lets just suspend kaminsky, how dare he flop on the "BEST PUUUUUURE SCORER" in the league.. LOL, a guy who can score from many places on the floor...

haha

did you see rudy gay, he got poked in the eye shooting a three, and now he may miss tonights game.. dude was in pain... that sucks

tiger0330

Legend

Might have been true before Phil got here but PJ is not going after Ty because of those character issues you pointed out, plus a 5'11' ball dominant PG having a crap year whose game is not the best fit for the triangle is a big no no for the Knicks.

If not Lawson I love to see how these Knicks do with an uptempo PG like him, should have picked up Jeremy Lin in the off-season who had his second good game in a row in the Sac-town game yesterday. Game of the night, way better than the Spurs/Warriors game that got all the hype.

Tkf

Benchwarmer
Might have been true before Phil got here but PJ is not going after Ty because of those character issues you pointed out, plus a 5'11' ball dominant PG having a crap year whose game is not the best fit for the triangle is a big no no for the Knicks.

If not Lawson I love to see how these Knicks do with an uptempo PG like him, should have picked up Jeremy Lin in the off-season who had his second good game in a row in the Sac-town game yesterday. Game of the night, way better than the Spurs/Warriors game that got all the hype.

I always like LIN. knicks kind of crapped on him and then you had clowns like carmelo badmouthing his deal. I also remember tyson chandler saying felton was more suited for what they wanted to do.. even after tyson probably had the best month of that year playing with Lin...

go figure..

also uptempo guards really want to push, not stop and set up and watch his teammates bungle the triangle offense.