jonas_valanciunas.png

arron_afflalo.png
demar_derozan.png

jose_calderon.png
kyle_lowry.png
]

Injury Report

New York KnicksToronto Raptors
Carmelo Anthony - Sore Left Knee (QUEST)DeMarre Carroll - Right knee surgery (OUT)
Cleanthony Early - Injured Right Knee (OUT)Kyle Lowry - Sore left wrist (QUEST)

Game Preview

The Toronto Raptors might have to chase history without their top playmaker, while the New York Knicks may have to avoid matching their longest losing streak of the season without their biggest star.

The status of both Kyle Lowry and Carmelo Anthony is uncertain as the Raptors go after a franchise-record 10th consecutive victory Thursday night against the visiting Knicks, who have dropped three in a row.

Lowry starred with 29 points and five 3-pointers Tuesday when Toronto matched its longest winning streak with a 106-89 victory over Washington.

After equaling that milestone, the Raptors turned their focus to the health of their All-Star point guard, who had been rushed to the locker room with 3:42 left with what he believed was a serious wrist injury.

Postgame X-rays were negative, but Lowry is questionable after sitting out Wednesday's practice because of soreness. He hasn't missed a game this season and the team was 6-6 without him in 2014-15.

"I really thought it was worse than it was, but I'm fine," Lowry said.

The Raptors were a plus-15 with Cory Joseph on the floor against the Wizards. Joseph, who had 10 points, will likely start if Lowry is sidelined.

DeMar DeRozan, who averages a team-high 23.0 points, had 17 and Terrence Ross stayed hot off the bench with 15. Ross has scored 14.4 per game while making 16 of 27 from 3-point range in his last five.

Toronto (30-15) is playing well on both ends as it tries to eclipse a franchise-record streak set March 22-April 3, 2002. The Raptors have averaged 108.6 points and shot 42.9 percent from 3-point range in their last seven games while limiting opponents to 88.0 and 27.6 marks in the past three.

"Right now we're too focused on our next opponent, which is the New York Knicks," Lowry told the team's official website. "It's time to get focused for them. We're just taking it game by game, day by day."

The Raptors struggled to contain Anthony and the Knicks (22-25) on Nov. 10 in the first meeting at Air Canada Centre. Anthony had 25 points and New York went 11 for 23 from 3-point range in a 111-109 victory.

The All-Star forward has averaged 30.6 points in his last seven matchups with Toronto. Although he's expected to make the trip north of the boarder, Anthony will likely be a game-time decision due to a sore left knee.

The Knicks fell to 0-5 without him with Tuesday's 128-122 overtime home loss to Oklahoma City. Langston Galloway had 21 points and Derrick Williams added 19. Arron Afflalo scored 17 but shot 6 for 21, with the potential winner going in and out before the regulation buzzer.

"From this point forward, it's about at least giving that energy so that if we do lose a game, we know that we gave it everything," Afflalo said.

New York looks to tighten things up as it tries to avoid its fourth four-game losing streak. It has given up 111.5 points per game and a 42.2 3-point percentage in its last eight, though that does include four overtime games.

Lowry and DeRozan scored a combined 52 points in the November meeting. Lowry has averaged 24.2 points while sinking 16 of 35 (45.7 percent) from beyond the arc in his last six games in this series.

(nba.com)

tiger0330

Legend
My favorite play from Tuesday's game. Porzingis might be the only guy in the NBA that can put back a basket from this far out.

20160126_porzingis.jpg

tiger0330

Legend
Just tuning in and Melo, JC and KP are out for the game. Gallo is starting not JG that was reported, makes more sense to start him he's better than JG at this point.

tiger0330

Legend
Knicks had the lead early but Raps made a run late in the first and now lead 27-21 end of the 1st. Can't have Rolo out, needs to be in there for 35 mins tonight.

Kiyaman

Legend
Quinn got his first chance to be in a lineup with Lopez this season .. i was hoping Fisher would start Quinn n Serafin in the 2nd qtr.

Kiyaman

Legend
Knicks had the lead early but Raps made a run late in the first and now lead 27-21 end of the 1st. Can't have Rolo out, needs to be in there for 35 mins tonight.

The Raps couldn't do anything with Lopez Quinn D.Will Lance n Gallo .. as soon as Fisher took out Quinn then Lopez the Raps took the lead ... Im tired of this FAKERS small-ball philosophy Fisher n Phil is doing for 3 quarters a game this season

Kiyaman

Legend
Quinn is back in the lineup with D.Will, Lance, Gallo .. missing Grant .. lets count how many STOPS this lineup makes

tiger0330

Legend
Raps take a 53-43 lead into the locker room. Guess no one is watching this game and I can see why, boring bball. DFish doesn't even seem to be interested either on the sidelines or in his game interviews. Raps get a 20pt lead in the 3rd and I'm going to turn this off.

tiger0330

Legend
If the Knicks can win this one, Gallo may replace JC as the starting PG. Why not? Hit's big shots and can take it to the rack, he may not pass the rock like Ish Smith but he doesn't make mistakes and his D is good.

Kiyaman

Legend
Raps take a 53-43 lead into the locker room. Guess no one is watching this game and I can see why, boring bball. DFish doesn't even seem to be interested either on the sidelines or in his game interviews. Raps get a 20pt lead in the 3rd and I'm going to turn this off.

I doubt that .. Fisher got Lopez n Quinn in a lineup thats rebounds inside scoring plus protecting the paint
58 - 57 .. 9 unanswered points by the Knicks with Lopez n Quinn on the court

tiger0330

Legend
Boys showing some life, Quinn with a bucket and then a steal on the other end. Gallo diving on the floor for a loose ball and it's only a 3 pt lead and the Toronto crowd is stunned.

tiger0330

Legend
This is a losing lineup Sasha, Lou, DWill, Seraphin and Grant. Didn't know that guys that don't follow the Knicks know that Grant sucks.