Why Is Melo Taking Games Off?

Broadway

All Star
The team is only a couple games back final playoff spot, they are 0-5 when he hasn't played. Sat 1 game out against a Divisional opponent and another against an Elite team to test. Returning back from 2 games off due to knee soreness...he had back-to-back games in which he shot 28FGA and 20FGA respectively. Are you hurt or not bruh?

Look Melo has had a good team yr thus far so I'm not coming down on him about his play per say. What I've always wondered about him are his priorities. Let's say he misses another game or two after tonight, I bet 1 game he's not going to miss is the All-Star game.

Supposedly he has soreness in the knee that was operated on(to be expected he's aging) but it seems really confusing far too often when it comes to him.

Any thoughts?

tiger0330

Legend
The Knicks medical staff has a lot to say as to whether he plays or not, I don't think it's his decision alone. Sports in general is not what it was, guys just don't play injured anymore.

Broadway

All Star
The Knicks medical staff has a lot to say as to whether he plays or not, I don't think it's his decision alone. Sports in general is not what it was, guys just don't play injured anymore.

So what's the bottom line/dollar here? Winning or protecting a player who said last yr with the same knee that if he chose to keep playing on it, it wouldn't get worse. I guess where the confusion lies, wouldn't he be headed into a natural break in schedule anyway since the All-Star week is on the horizon? Why is he henpecking sitting games a couple weeks prior to. Like I said if he's hurt don't see how he can come back and go balls-to-the-walls on the court with usage rate.

Typical New York though. The land of many problems and dreadful results with absolutely no solutions or clarity and no one ever is to blame. As Future says "What A Time To Be Alive"

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
Do u know who u are questioning ...
James Dolan Golden Boy $124M Carmelo Anthony !!!

Com'on there's to many questions bout a 12 year player who only got pass the first round playoff twice.
Why do Melo play the PF position?
Why do Melo dribble up the ball as if he's the PG in critical moments of the game?
Why do Melo argue with the refs the offense court while the ball in play on defensive side of court?
Why do Melo act like being the hero of the game is taking 30 shots and not playing defense?
Why do NBA fans ask each season "whats wrong with the Knicks" the past 6 seasons?