Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718 LastLast
    Veteran

Itís interesting. If we move fast and the price is right, definitely a good chance at snagging a head coach caliber candidate as an assistant. I like both Miller and Woodson. Either one of them would be great. Atkinson seems like a pipe dream for us to get as an assistant coach, but he wouldnít be the first head coach to do a solid job, get fired at the first sign of trouble, and then find he doesnít have a market as a head coach anywhere else.

You have to let Thibodeau assemble his staff, but if Dolan feels generous, there is definitely an offer that could be made that I think gets Atkinson on board as an extra assistant coach. Not going to hold my breath though.

Quote Originally Posted by donchris View Post
    This is good news! Knicks need to be a force on defense. Tibs is the best coach on the market. Now they've got to get the personnel right.
    That's the point. You won't get the personnel right with him at the helm. Players want to have long careers and that ain't gonna happen with him.
    "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
    Kurt Vonnegut

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by pat View Post
    That's the point. You won't get the personnel right with him at the helm. Players want to have long careers and that ain't gonna happen with him.
    MRob, Ntilikina, RJ, and whoever we draft this year donít exactly have a choice.

I guess my question is: what big impact free agent was coming here with what other coaching candidate?

12th man

We got a guy the complete opposite of Fizdale, who always said when asked why the defense broke down and allowed 20 3s, “I don’t know, I got to look at the film”. We got a guy in Thibs that will get in the players faces during a game and not wait until the game is over to look at the film after the loss.

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by pat View Post
    DJ Augustin another guy coming out in support of Thibs, saying if you want to be great, Thibs will push you to be great. We will see but I think Thibs has learned something about load management, he might play guys 30-40 minutes but theyíll practice less and maybe get more days off.

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by htr10 View Post
    It’s interesting. If we move fast and the price is right, definitely a good chance at snagging a head coach caliber candidate as an assistant. I like both Miller and Woodson. Either one of them would be great. Atkinson seems like a pipe dream for us to get as an assistant coach, but he wouldn’t be the first head coach to do a solid job, get fired at the first sign of trouble, and then find he doesn’t have a market as a head coach anywhere else.

You have to let Thibodeau assemble his staff, but if Dolan feels generous, there is definitely an offer that could be made that I think gets Atkinson on board as an extra assistant coach. Not going to hold my breath though.
    Melo’s trainer Chris Brickley used to work for the Knicks and he’s probably making a nice living training that roster of NBA players he’s got but he might be a good hire for the development staff. I wonder if there would be mutual interest.

Thibs a good fit bc we have a really young roster, who have stalled in their developments.... a roster with little expectations.

MRob, RJ, Knox and Knits are gym rats. In essence, this is our core (along with our 3 picks this upcoming draft). Thatís 7 guys who will do what Thins instructs, will show up and work and practice hard.

They will buy in bc this will Almost be like a college type of feel... A Randle, Taj, Ellington and Bullock and we have our vets...

Lets get to work!

This is excellent news.

Sig made by Sons of Thunder

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    Thibs a good fit bc we have a really young roster, who have stalled in their developments.... a roster with little expectations.

MRob, RJ, Knox and Knits are gym rats. In essence, this is our core (along with our 3 picks this upcoming draft). That’s 7 guys who will do what Thins instructs, will show up and work and practice hard.

They will buy in bc this will Almost be like a college type of feel... A Randle, Taj, Ellington and Bullock and we have our vets...

Lets get to work!
    Lot of talk about not picking up the options of guys like Taj, Portis, Ellington, Payton but Thibs is comfortable with those guys esp Taj. We might not be moving on from those guys after all.

congrats HTR10! you called it, you win the internet. Mr. Thibs was my first choice, if Knicks get Woodson and Miller as asst's we'll be in very good shape. Kenny would be the cherry on top. Lots of articles coming out in support of Thibs, all the smart coaches and players, saying the right things. Defense first, holding players accountable. Thibs already has General Taj in place to be a player-coach conduit re first hand experience with every player.

It seems Rose/Wes carefully picked a brain trust of scouts, money people, moneyball statisticians, coaches, and players and filled all the positions intelligently, there's reason to assume the same careful approach will apply to players thru the draft, free agency and trades. It's an exciting time for a brand new team.

Looking forward to the Delete 8 Bubble, where Thibs and crew, Leon/Wes and FO can assess team as a whole, along with guys like Harper, Pinson, Peters and Wooten (new law firm).

I hope CP3 comes to boost the entire team's IQ, and work with Thibs on forging a young smart defensive team for years to come.

Hope everyone is safe and well at this forum. this news was the fuel of happiness.

http://testicle.com is House of Dong

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by CoolClyde View Post
    congrats HTR10! you called it, you win the internet. Mr. Thibs was my first choice, if Knicks get Woodson and Miller as asst's we'll be in very good shape. Kenny would be the cherry on top. Lots of articles coming out in support of Thibs, all the smart coaches and players, saying the right things. Defense first, holding players accountable. Thibs already has General Taj in place to be a player-coach conduit re first hand experience with every player.

It seems Rose/Wes carefully picked a brain trust of scouts, money people, moneyball statisticians, coaches, and players and filled all the positions intelligently, there's reason to assume the same careful approach will apply to players thru the draft, free agency and trades. It's an exciting time for a brand new team.

Looking forward to the Delete 8 Bubble, where Thibs and crew, Leon/Wes and FO can assess team as a whole, along with guys like Harper, Pinson, Peters and Wooten (new law firm).

I hope CP3 comes to boost the entire team's IQ, and work with Thibs on forging a young smart defensive team for years to come.

Hope everyone is safe and well at this forum. this news was the fuel of happiness.
    Voice out of the past. Where are Crazy8s, Metrocard and King?

Well you asked for it in 2016 and it finally came true.

I heard they were waiting for Woj suspension to end to let him make the announcement.

crazy8ís (aka Al McKnicks) runs OBG facebook forum. dont know about others (or care re metrotard)

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by CoolClyde View Post
    crazy8’s (aka Al McKnicks) runs OBG facebook forum. dont know about others (or care re metrotard)
    Thanks for responding. Tried looking up OBG and Al McKnicks on Facebook and didn’t get a hit though.