Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    12th man

I was reading on the internet that JVG and Thibs had dinner in Chicago last night, probably because JVG will be doing a rare Saturday night ABC game of the Bulls. What are the chances that a friend and disciple of JVG is ever hired by Phil?

Veteran

lol

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    lol

Well, Coach Rambis, just let us know when you get there. The rest of us have been there since about 8 losses ago. Seriously, this guy cannot be our head coach next season.

Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar

Here's a thought. Hire Jeff VanGundy as Pres and Tibs as Coach.

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by jimkcchief88 View Post
    I doubt it's going to happen. One of the big reasons why Thibbs was run outta of Chicago was his clashes with Bulls management. Even though Thibbs Bulls teams were great on defense, the offense was deficient. Bulls management wanted to bring on an "offensive" coordinator so to speak and Thibbs wouldn't have it. I don't think Thibbs can and would coach Phil's triangle and I don't think Phil is ready to admit defeat and scrap his offense. So while I would love to see Thibbs on the KNIcKs sidelines preaching "ball pressure" and hearing the good ole "defense" chant in the Garden again, don't get your hopes up.
    Berman of the NY Post thinks hiring Thibs has a snow ball's chance in hell of happening. John Paxon who played for PJ is still an exec with the Bulls and PJ is still probably in contact with him, Paxson probably shot him down as hard to work with, doesn't communicate with mgt. major requirements and hot buttons for Phil.

Can he really give the job to Kurt with the record he's compiled? Brian Shaw, not enough meat on the bone to hire him either in my view. Luke Walton is his best hope, let's hope PJ can convince him to leave GS for the Knicks.

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post
    Berman of the NY Post thinks hiring Thibs has a snow ball's chance in hell of happening. John Paxon who played for PJ is still an exec with the Bulls and PJ is still probably in contact with him, Paxson probably shot him down as hard to work with, doesn't communicate with mgt. major requirements and hot buttons for Phil.

Can he really give the job to Kurt with the record he's compiled? Brian Shaw, not enough meat on the bone to hire him either in my view. Luke Walton is his best hope, let's hope PJ can convince him to leave GS for the Knicks.
    I am filled with a sense of dread about our coaching situation for next year. Maybe it will all be part of the ''master plan' to tank for another lottery pick.

12th man

Smart money says Walton stays in GS but if he's offered a 25M 5 yr guarantee deal can he turn it down? Problem is will Dolan give it to him after DFish, DFish deal was only guaranteed for 4 years but Walton has more experience and with a winner unlike Fisher who had zero experience.

I say give Walton the money, he knows the triangle and was successful in his brief stint filling in for Kerr.

If he turns it down we're left with these names.

Brooks
    Blatt
    Shaw
    Hornacek
    Jackson

Walton turns it down I've read Rambis is going to be the guy maybe as a proxy and next best thing to PJ coming down to the sidelines. If PJ goes with Rambis that's how I'd sell it to NY fans.

nY Post said forget Thibs and Walton. Berman noted that the Paxson brothers in CHI have nothing good to tell JAX about Thibideau, and that he thrives on crisis and chaos... NYK org doesn't need that, PJ believes.

Also said this about DF and Grant: "Things were so bizarre under Fisher that, according to sources, assistant coach/former point guard Jim Cleamons was told to limit his contacts with rookie Jerian Grant. Rambis has given Cleamons free rein to speak with Grant, and hes showed progress in recent weeks after stagnancy under Fisher."

Veteran

I think fishers mistake was spending tooo much time inside the barnes....

12th man

Now Marc Stein and Begley are saying Rambis may be the Knicks head coach.Phil can't talk to Walton until the playoffs are over for the Warriors. I hope he at least waits until then before hiring someone and he should be interviewing the large number of candidates out there in the mean time. Hiring Rambis in May would make a make the whole thing a sham.

Veteran

Imagine trying to sell incoming free agents on Kurt Rambis as head coach. Um um um

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by jimkcchief88 View Post
    Imagine trying to sell incoming free agents on Kurt Rambis as head coach. Um um um
    Agreed, but I think incoming free agents would be hard to sell on most options available to us.

This franchise needs to give Ewing a chance, he's been an assistant coach for other teams for 13 years and has done a lot of work bith big men like Yao or Howard. I could see him help Porzingis develop into a legit superstar. What do you guys think of a combination between Thibodeau & Pat?

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by rady View Post
    This franchise needs to give Ewing a chance, he's been an assistant coach for other teams for 13 years and has done a lot of work bith big men like Yao or Howard. I could see him help Porzingis develop into a legit superstar. What do you guys think of a combination between Thibodeau & Pat?
    I would take them in a second. Unfortunately, if the reports are true that Thibodeau is not even going to be a consideration, I think this is beyond unlikely.

PJ is going to bring back Rambis for next season in all likelihood. Why? Because PJ likes Rambis. That's it. Bottom line. It doesn't matter to PJ how much worse Rambis' record has been than Fisher or that many of the players including Melo don't seem to be too interested in being coached by Rambis.

My guess at this point is that any head coaching search is going to be a complete farce. Maybe the end goal will be a 2017 lottery pick and forcing Melo to waive his no-trade clause. Who knows?

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by rady View Post
    This franchise needs to give Ewing a chance
    I like my burgers... not sure if there is enough beef in ny for the both of us... he has porked up a bit...