Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 256
  1. #61
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    5,304
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    lol


  2. #62
    12th man
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    11,920
    Rep Power
    31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    lol

    35M??? I hate to tell the Wiz but Durant ain't coming even if Scotty is there.

  3. #63
    12th man
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    11,920
    Rep Power
    31

    Default

    Who is left? David Blatt and Luke. Reports are Luke is going to interview with Sactown so he may be ruling out NY because of the California connection and wouldn't move to NY for all the money in the world.

    Not real high on Blatt after Cleveland, he seems desperate for another NBA opportunity living with a friend in ATL instead of with his family in Israel. Seems like a vulture circling the landscape waiting for one of those NBA job openings to fall his way. People say he got shafted but I disagree, he didn't show real leadership with the Cavs and Griffin fired him despite the record.

  4. #64
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    5,304
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    lol...although this is Vecsey


  5. #65
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    5,304
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    lol you know Phil is shook right now


  6. #66
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    5,304
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Remember mafra we had a conversation about culpability and I told you we can't always look to blame Dolan for everything as if he's still meddling to no end...


    WELP read and weep





    Ha ha ha Phil Jackson is garbage not just because of how the coaching hire process is going, he just simply is. So Dolan had interest but Phil had none at all. I never liked Phil since his first moves...Brown over Clark and Lamar Odom. I knew we were doomed way back then.

  7. #67
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,534
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    a very (very) average player, becomes a successful coach, then (upto now) a very (very) average GM... phil its not a great resume... unless your next employer happens to be your girlfriend...

  8. #68
    12th man
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    11,920
    Rep Power
    31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post
    Who is left? David Blatt and Luke. Reports are Luke is going to interview with Sactown so he may be ruling out NY because of the California connection and wouldn't move to NY for all the money in the world.

    Not real high on Blatt after Cleveland, he seems desperate for another NBA opportunity living with a friend in ATL instead of with his family in Israel. Seems like a vulture circling the landscape waiting for one of those NBA job openings to fall his way. People say he got shafted but I disagree, he didn't show real leadership with the Cavs and Griffin fired him despite the record.
    Lakers and Rockets get permission to interview Luke Walton. I guess Luke told Phil no way in hell am I interested in NY as the reason Phil never asked the Warriors to interview Luke.

    And if Blatt is such a great coach why is it I haven't heard his name in the discussion for any of the open coaching jobs besides the Knicks.

    So much for PJ and his triangle and 11 rings convincing guys to come to NY. Maybe the best thing for NY is to have another terrible season next year, maybe get the number 1pick and the media blasts Phil and he goes home to LA next year.

  9. #69
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    5,304
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post
    Lakers and Rockets get permission to interview Luke Walton. I guess Luke told Phil no way in hell am I interested in NY as the reason Phil never asked the Warriors to interview Luke.

    And if Blatt is such a great coach why is it I haven't heard his name in the discussion for any of the open coaching jobs besides the Knicks.

    So much for PJ and his triangle and 11 rings convincing guys to come to NY. Maybe the best thing for NY is to have another terrible season next year, maybe get the number 1pick and the media blasts Phil and he goes home to LA next year.

    Blatt I believe is getting a chance to interview with the Lakers. Could be who his reps reach out to determining who he gets an opportunity to interview with. I'm alright with Blatt but he isn't a must have. Rambis and Phil have the same agent and very well known ties, we know how this is going to end.

    Getting better by being unintentionally and miserably bad is not a sign of a good executive.

  10. #70
    12th man
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    11,920
    Rep Power
    31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    Blatt I believe is getting a chance to interview with the Lakers. Could be who his reps reach out to determining who he gets an opportunity to interview with. I'm alright with Blatt but he isn't a must have. Rambis and Phil have the same agent and very well known ties, we know how this is going to end.

    Getting better by being unintentionally and miserably bad is not a sign of a good executive.
    Just read that, Fansided said the interview was just a formality. Lue also came out and said Blatt deserves another shot but NBA teams haven't exactly been flocking to the guys door offering him a job, I think it's going to be tough for him to live down that you got fired after you took a team to the NBA finals odd as that sounds.

  11. #71
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    5,304
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    lol Luke chose Lakers over Knicks


  12. #72
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    7,614
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    lol Luke chose Lakers over Knicks

    The dude is from San Diego. Played college basketball in Arizona. Spent the first decade of his playing career on the Lakers and spent the last 3 seasons as an assistant coach for Golden State. Not sure it was ever realistic to think he was coming to the East Coast.

    I will say this about Luke Walton. He either loves the Lakers franchise or he likes a challenge, because no way Lakers are the team with the best situation that offered him a head coaching job. If he can get them over 25 wins next season, it will be an accomplishment.

  13. #73
    12th man
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    11,920
    Rep Power
    31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by htr10 View Post
    The dude is from San Diego. Played college basketball in Arizona. Spent the first decade of his playing career on the Lakers and spent the last 3 seasons as an assistant coach for Golden State. Not sure it was ever realistic to think he was coming to the East Coast.

    I will say this about Luke Walton. He either loves the Lakers franchise or he likes a challenge, because no way Lakers are the team with the best situation that offered him a head coaching job. If he can get them over 25 wins next season, it will be an accomplishment.
    Definitely not stepping into the same situation Kerr turned down the Knicks job for. He still has a place in Malibu so he doesn't even have to relocate. Seems his west coast roots and Lakers connections were too much for PJ and Dolans money, thing that gets me is the Laker job wasn't even open when he turned down the Knicks opportunity, didn't even want to interview for the NY job.

  14. #74
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,534
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    I think at the end of the day it will be rambis... why... no other un-employed coach will pick up phil's phone calls...

  15. #75
    12th man
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    11,920
    Rep Power
    31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by paris401 View Post
    I think at the end of the day it will be rambis... why... no other un-employed coach will pick up phil's phone calls...
    I think it will be Blatt with Rambis as his lead asst. Rambis is really unpopular and his HC record would be a hard sell to the fan base and media. With Blatt, Phil can say he led a team to the NBA finals. Whatever he does there's no reason to wait, Luke is gone, interview other guys or hire Blatt or Rambis.

Similar Threads

  1. Tom Thibodeau Officially Fired - 5/28/15
    By htr10 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: Jun 10, 2015, 02:52
  2. D'antoni may had his Tom Coughlin moment
    By Blumatic in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Dec 24, 2011, 21:00
  3. If Thibodeau is a great coach............
    By Blumatic in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: May 25, 2011, 21:32
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: Jun 28, 2010, 17:59
  5. Source: Thibodeau accepts Bulls' offer
    By StEpHoN_mArBuRy in forum NBA
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Jun 07, 2010, 12:03

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •