Hire Tom Thibodeau

Legitimate head coach candidate list for the Knicks: Rambis, Blatt, and Vogel? Or all farce and Rambis basically already has the job? If this is not a farce, no way Rambis beats out on credentials both Blatt and Vogel for a head coaching job. But, if we were deciding to hire based on credentials, how can we justify not seriously pursuing Thibs? So many questions.

The only believable answer is that Rambis has had the job all along.

tiger0330

Legend
Legitimate head coach candidate list for the Knicks: Rambis, Blatt, and Vogel? Or all farce and Rambis basically already has the job? If this is not a farce, no way Rambis beats out on credentials both Blatt and Vogel for a head coaching job. But, if we were deciding to hire based on credentials, how can we justify not seriously pursuing Thibs? So many questions.

The only believable answer is that Rambis has had the job all along.
If it is Rambis I just want him to name him HC as soon as he gets back from Wyoming. The fact that he hasn't named Kurt yet gives Knicks fans hope it 'll be someone else.

Vogel is like Thibs, he's going to be a hot ticket for one of the available jobs so if he doesn't schedule the Knicks for an interview among his other interviews, you can rule him out as not interested in the Knicks.

If it is Rambis I just want him to name him HC as soon as he gets back from Wyoming. The fact that he hasn't named Kurt yet gives Knicks fans hope it 'll be someone else.

Vogel is like Thibs, he's going to be a hot ticket for one of the available jobs so if he doesn't schedule the Knicks for an interview among his other interviews, you can rule him out as not interested in the Knicks.

Vogel is originally a Jersey guy, so you never know, if given a genuine offer to coach the Knicks, he may say yes. I know jackasses like Danny Granger feel the need to publically talk about how Vogel deserves a better job than the Knicks, but honestly, being a head coach in Sacramento or Houston is just as much a potential mess as coming to NY.

...Damn, PJ screwed up by missing out on Thibs.

tiger0330

Legend
Memphis fired Dave Joerger the head coach of Memphis. He becomes the no. 1 candidate for the Kings and Memphis will pursue Frank Vogel who worked with Chris Wallace in Boston, it's being reported that Memphis is aware of his NY area roots and will not get into a bidding war with the Knicks to retain his services.

Broadway

All Star

I don't see the hope when you know who you want to hire is back home. Notice Vogel was actually contacted of all the available coaches on the market and that was just a test call and it was by Mills. So if Phillip was seriously considering others he would have had Mills do likewise for other coaches.

Let's forget Thibs and Scott Brooks for a moment.

While Phil's on vacation did Mills contact ---------> Patrick...JVG...Jackson...McHale...Vinny Del Negro...Hornacek...The Great Brian Shaw...Byron Scott...Nate Mcmillan...Sam Cassell...Etorre Messina...Sam Mitchell...Randy Whittman...George Karl...Kenny Smith...JB Jr....D'Antoni...Jim Boylen...Kevin Ollie...Henry Bibby...Recently fired Dave Joeger

Okay you may be thinking some of them are obvious out of the ? candidates but there are practically 20+ names here. He probably has zero interest in all of them. Matter of fact I know he does. Remember he told us early on he's going to stick to the circle of people who he knows and trust personally. Therefore his list is short. So where's the hope promise? He let Blatt interview, which was one of his first and let him walk out the door no offer to other suitors.

Phil wreaks of an arrogant jackass with hurt feelings. I do think he'd rather go back to L.A. to be honest. He never wanted this job.

Phil tipped his hand where his interest lied...Walton, then he basically pouted and went on vacation after he got rejected yet again.

Broadway

All Star
This is what happens when you're truly interested in a coach. You interview them and you make an offer shortly thereafter

Good for Joeger

Kiyaman

Legend
This is what happens when you're truly interested in a coach. You interview them and you make an offer shortly thereafter

Good for Joeger

What month was it PJ fired Fisher?
Yep .. PJ had enough time to announce one of the unemployed head coaches for the Knicks job by the postseason games .. i hope this vacation is a phoney to interview experience head coaches with a winning record

This is my 2016 thread about hiring Tom Thibodeau. Rather than make a new one, I?m going to just bump this. All the same arguments still apply. We would have been a playoff team instead of a joke these last 3 years if we hired Thibodeau in 2016.

HIRE TOM THIBODEAU!! FIX THE KNICKS IN 2019 (or 2020)!

tiger0330

Legend
Should be one of the top candidates if not the top candidate. I like him better than Mark Jackson, guys are going to want MJ but Thibs can run circles around MJ as a coach.

Kiyaman

Legend
Should be one of the top candidates if not the top candidate. I like him better than Mark Jackson, guys are going to want MJ but Thibs can run circles around MJ as a coach.

After having a clueless coaching-staff season after season, the Knicks roster will NEED both strategical-coaches Thib & Mark at the helm to rid all the young-core players of so much foolish decision-making on the court they learned from our previous clueless coaching-staff.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
This is my 2016 thread about hiring Tom Thibodeau. Rather than make a new one, I’m going to just bump this. All the same arguments still apply. We would have been a playoff team instead of a joke these last 3 years if we hired Thibodeau in 2016.

HIRE TOM THIBODEAU!! FIX THE KNICKS IN 2019 (or 2020)!

LOL Funny nearly four years later we're still taking about hiring Tibs. I still love Tibs, but no need to do any coaching hires until we get the front office straightened out. I'd really like to see Dolan nix any trade that Mills offers. The less he does the better at this point. Unless he wants to trade every vet on the team for expiring contracts and draft picks.

paris401

Starter
unless u r the spurs...lose david rob for a season, win the lottery n get duncan, u gotta tear down the entire team, n find young guys who can ball n start from the bottom... u cant build a team 1/2 ass... on this team i would jettison all the players, keepin mrob, n barrett... maybe 1or 2 others ... maybe not... i see no growth in our last 2 picks b3 barrett ... send frenchie back home, n knox a one way mta ticket to JFK... as to the dotsons/elletons (whatever his name is), don't see enough of them to form an opinion as to their worth- wave goodbye to the vet's who can be traded, n try to find that diamond in the rough... of course with our front office, they couldn't find a diamond if u plopped them in the middle of 47th street...

Screw it, I?m going to keep bringing this thread back to will the hiring of Tom Thibodeau to be the Knicks head coach into existence.

The guy is a great coach with a track record of player development. He is miraculously available to just hire at any time. Even more miraculously, he is the one guy on earth who desperately WANTS to coach the Knicks (unlike all these rumored college head coaches who want no part of this franchise).

Hire Tom Thibodeau! Fix the Knicks in 2020.

C?mon Dolan and Leon Rose. This is the move you need to make. Talk to your PR firm if you need to. Fans will go crazy in a positive way if you make this hire, because it is the best hire.

QUESTIONS:

Can Thib take us to an NBA championship?

Has he took any team to a championship?

Is Thib just a coach to maybe can get us into the playoff and we will be happy with that?

BTW, and I miss it or just don't know. What players did he develop?

Lastly is Thib the most important hire or is there another hire that is more important?

Not saying you are wrong but lets touch every base and answer each question or concern truthfully.

QUESTIONS:

Can Thib take us to an NBA championship?

Has he took any team to a championship?

Is Thib just a coach to maybe can get us into the playoff and we will be happy with that?

BTW, and I miss it or just don't know. What players did he develop?

Lastly is Thib the most important hire or is there another hire that is more important?

Not saying you are wrong but lets touch every base and answer each question or concern truthfully.

No one can take this team to an NBA championship. Not for years.

Unless Greg Popovich becomes available (obviously not), Thibs is the best we can get.

Yes, Thibs is a coach that can get us into the playoffs and if that isn?t enough for you as a Knicks fan these next 2 seasons, you have unrealistic expectations.

Thibs developed Jimmy Butler into the 2nd best 2-way player in the NBA behind Kawhi Leonard (at least at one time). Things turned to **** in Minnesota, but why that happened is debatable. Minnesota was a lot better with Thibs than they have been without him.

DRose was already good when Thibs took over, he became an MVP with Thibs running the show.

Thibs turned Yao into a Hall of Famer. Yao has said that Thibs would follow him into the bathroom to keep coaching him.

If players don?t want that type of intensity, it?s the players that should go.

Give Thibs the following guys - MRob, Ntilikina, Dotson, Gibson, and resign Marcus Morris. Maybe Moe Harkless and Kadeem Allen. Tell RJ and Brazdeikis to open their eyes and learn. Thibs will have this team winning games and in the playoffs in 2021. We may have to win games 78 to 76 some nights, but we can do it.

Last edited:
No one can take this team to an NBA championship. Not for years.

Unless Greg Popovich becomes available (obviously not), Thibs is the best we can get.

Yes, Thibs is a coach that can get us into the playoffs and if that isn’t enough for you as a Knicks fan these next 2 seasons, you have unrealistic expectations.

Thibs developed Jimmy Butler into the 2nd best 2-way player in the NBA behind Kawhi Leonard (at least at one time). Things turned to **** in Minnesota, but why that happened is debatable. Minnesota was a lot better with Thibs than they have been without him.

DRose was already good when Thibs took over, he became an MVP with Thibs running the show.

Thibs turned Yao into a Hall of Famer. Yao has said that Thibs would follow him into the bathroom to keep coaching him.

If players don’t want that type of intensity, it’s the players that should go.

Give Thibs the following guys - MRob, Ntilikina, Dotson, Gibson, and resign Marcus Morris. Maybe Moe Harkless and Kadeem Allen. Tell RJ and Brazdeikis to open their eyes and learn. Thibs will have this team winning games and in the playoffs in 2020. We may have to win games 78 to 76 some nights, but we can do it.

Didn't mean this current team to a championship. You are correct about that, LOL.

Looking long term to who best can win a championship in a coach. Not settling for a coach just so we can make the playoff. Not sure if he can take us to a championship long term.

Not sure if Thib is the most important hire right now. But if he is then he needs what I said Calipari should have last word on draft picks, F.A. and trades. I don't see anyone with BB knowledge in what is about the happen with Pres/GM.

Kiyaman

Legend
Screw it, I?’m going to keep bringing this thread back to will the hiring of Tom Thibodeau to be the Knicks head coach into existence.

The guy is a great coach with a track record of player development. He is miraculously available to just hire at any time. Even more miraculously, he is the one guy on earth who desperately WANTS to coach the Knicks (unlike all these rumored college head coaches who want no part of this franchise).

Hire Tom Thibodeau! Fix the Knicks in 2020.

C?’mon Dolan and Leon Rose. This is the move you need to make. Talk to your PR firm if you need to. Fans will go crazy in a positive way if you make this hire, because it is the best hire.

I agree .. Thibs has the coaching skills & experience to coach a few of our young-core players into keepers. That''s an expensive job .. 5M+ per.
Only thing? Thibs deserve the right to have say-so on the roster of players coming in, and players going out .. as a head-coach only.
Do i want to keep Miller .. Hell Yeah! Even if Thibs brings a friend.

Thibodeau gaining a lot of momentum with the online rumor mill as our future head coach with Miller sticking around as an assistant coach. Not going to lie, I am cautiously optimistic this is going to happen.