Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    12th man

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    I don't want to be the coach trying to reach him resulting in another one of his coaching victims. He can go coach kill someone else. Cousins has been in the league 6yrs already he's 26yrs old and the whole time that's exactly what Sacramento has attempted(building around him). They've never made the playoffs and never have had a winning record with him. There's enough history and data there to reason this can't be done. He needs to be on a team with proven success and/or a culture that commands he falls in line with what they are doing, regardless of his talent. You probably can get 2 1st round picks(a couple picks(1st, 2nd) in combination) and 2 players for him. I'm looking to deal him to the Celtics or Wolves.

I want Smart/Johnson and picks(2 1st) from Celtics

I want Lavine/Deing/Pekovic and picks(1st and 2nd) from Wolves

I'd give them Cousins/McLemore/Koufos.

I think Garnett's professional tutelage(work ethic towards game), Towns stardome(it would be his team), add in a screaming hard nose battle tested Tom Thibideau it would do Cousins some good humbling of epic proportions. Of course Brad Stevens is proven in Boston he knows what he's doing and an instant culture changer, he'd fall in line there.

Maybe a couple other teams like the Nuggets and Philly would be options, although I'd rather he not be in play with those two franchises. They have assets to get a deal done, yet they are 2 very undefined teams though. He could very well derail or stunt the growth there.
    I thought the Celts would be a great trading partner for Boogie but Cedric Maxwell said no way in hell would he trade for Cousins. Not that Maxwell has any input whether Ainge trades for him or not but that's the rep Boogie has around the league, talented but moody and temperamental. Probably a guy that could sway the Celts is Isaiah Thomas his former teammate, if he said Boogie could really help this team then I could see where he might go to Boston.

You have to be kidding about Thibs and Boogie, that would be a disaster waiting to happen.

Veteran

I disagree

Thibs was one of the main guys co-signing for Melo(recruiting him to the Bulls) a player who on the surface does not fit his profile as a coach. Malone aslo did well with Cousins and he and Thibs remind of each other a little. Cousins needs tough love coaching kind of how Thibs reached Noah(another hot head).

I've also read reports Ainge is very much interested in dealing for him still, if he's truly available. From what I heard Cousins didn't like Thomas when in Sacramento but that could have been misleading rumorville....because who really likes him and vice versa? Ainge drafted Marcus Smart who came into the league with temper red flags and trade for Thomas(who had a rep for going off script). Ainge is a gambler he'll pull the trigger with ease if he can get them to dance with him.

I was just pointing out teams that probably have what Sacramento is looking for more so than anything.

Veteran

I'd hate to see Vogel get fired but if so I really hope we give him a look

Veteran

I'd hate to see Vogel get fired but if so I really hope we give him a look

SAY NO MORE

Phillip wyd?

Veteran

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/kni...search-on-hold

Well Pjax isn't worried about finding a new KNIcKs coach; he's on vacation I wish I could convince the owner at my job to pay me so much to do so little and fail so terribly.

12th man

I wonder when PJ hires Rambis what Melo is going to say about that exhaustive search he wanted PJ to make to find a new head coach.

12th man

I don't want to be the coach trying to reach him resulting in another one of his coaching victims. He can go coach kill someone else. Cousins has been in the league 6yrs already he's 26yrs old and the whole time that's exactly what Sacramento has attempted(building around him). They've never made the playoffs and never have had a winning record with him. There's enough history and data there to reason this can't be done. He needs to be on a team with proven success and/or a culture that commands he falls in line with what they are doing, regardless of his talent. You probably can get 2 1st round picks(a couple picks(1st, 2nd) in combination) and 2 players for him. I'm looking to deal him to the Celtics or Wolves.
    If the Kings wanted to make the playoff while improving Cousins performance all the Kings had to do were to sign FA PF-David West veteran experience to lead the Kings young frontcourt players. Plus sign FA Rajon Rondo veteran experience to lead the point.
    I would have FIRED coach Karl also for not persisting management in the offseason to sign a playoff experience veteran PF to tutor the young Cousins throughout a season. u Cousins been on the Kings for 6 years without any seasonal direction from a experience center or PF.

Our President PJ has become the biggest JOKE on the Knicks, we gave PJ a 37 win season team that PJ turn into a 17 win season team then producing a 32 win season team the next season.
    When PJ did not hire Mark Jackson or Thibs for the head coach job the same week our season ended shows president PJ is offering no winnin optimism for next season.

Why Larry Bird fired coach Vogel is a mystery, other than the Pacers being the better team over the Toronto Raptors.
    Yes, I would hire Vogel over the assisitant-coaches Blatt Luke Rambis in a heart beat.
    I like the way Vogel coached rookie Miles Turner by bringing out Turners best talents to win games.
    Rambis cant touch Vogel creative style of coaching with a hundred foot pole

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Kiyaman View Post
    If the Kings wanted to make the playoff while improving Cousins performance all the Kings had to do were to sign FA PF-David West veteran experience to lead the Kings young frontcourt players. Plus sign FA Rajon Rondo veteran experience to lead the point.
    They signed Rondo and he played fairly well but the Kings didn't make the playoffs...and not because they didn't get a player like West. They have missed the playoffs every yr common denominator is Cousins....no one else. Your best player should BE THE LEADER actually, especially after his 3rd season or thereabouts. Also West took a paycut do go win a chip not to just make the playoffs...no way he ends in Sacramento even if Cousins had his act together.

Veteran

Because Phil Jackson is doing his Davy Crockett adventures down the Lewis Clark & Colorado Rivers while also traversing the Rocky Mountain range....

Steve mills has decided to take on Phil's $12mil/yr responsibilities to contact Frank Vogel's reps

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Kiyaman View Post
    If the Kings wanted to make the playoff while improving Cousins performance all the Kings had to do were to sign FA PF-David West veteran experience to lead the Kings young frontcourt players.
    what am i missing??? west had a players option for $12m (give or take) and he left indy for the spurs who are payin him 1.5m... why did he do that??? i presume he wants a ring and is willing to give up 10m for the chance.

so if his motive is a ring, how would the kings who havent won 'dick' in years be able to sign him...

Veteran

Legitimate head coach candidate list for the Knicks: Rambis, Blatt, and Vogel? Or all farce and Rambis basically already has the job? If this is not a farce, no way Rambis beats out on credentials both Blatt and Vogel for a head coaching job. But, if we were deciding to hire based on credentials, how can we justify not seriously pursuing Thibs? So many questions.

The only believable answer is that Rambis has had the job all along.

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by htr10 View Post
    Legitimate head coach candidate list for the Knicks: Rambis, Blatt, and Vogel? Or all farce and Rambis basically already has the job? If this is not a farce, no way Rambis beats out on credentials both Blatt and Vogel for a head coaching job. But, if we were deciding to hire based on credentials, how can we justify not seriously pursuing Thibs? So many questions.

The only believable answer is that Rambis has had the job all along.
    If it is Rambis I just want him to name him HC as soon as he gets back from Wyoming. The fact that he hasn't named Kurt yet gives Knicks fans hope it 'll be someone else.

Vogel is like Thibs, he's going to be a hot ticket for one of the available jobs so if he doesn't schedule the Knicks for an interview among his other interviews, you can rule him out as not interested in the Knicks.

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post
    If it is Rambis I just want him to name him HC as soon as he gets back from Wyoming. The fact that he hasn't named Kurt yet gives Knicks fans hope it 'll be someone else.

Vogel is like Thibs, he's going to be a hot ticket for one of the available jobs so if he doesn't schedule the Knicks for an interview among his other interviews, you can rule him out as not interested in the Knicks.
    Vogel is originally a Jersey guy, so you never know, if given a genuine offer to coach the Knicks, he may say yes. I know jackasses like Danny Granger feel the need to publically talk about how Vogel deserves a better job than the Knicks, but honestly, being a head coach in Sacramento or Houston is just as much a potential mess as coming to NY.

...Damn, PJ screwed up by missing out on Thibs.

12th man

Memphis fired Dave Joerger the head coach of Memphis. He becomes the no. 1 candidate for the Kings and Memphis will pursue Frank Vogel who worked with Chris Wallace in Boston, it's being reported that Memphis is aware of his NY area roots and will not get into a bidding war with the Knicks to retain his services.

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post

I don't see the hope when you know who you want to hire is back home. Notice Vogel was actually contacted of all the available coaches on the market and that was just a test call and it was by Mills. So if Phillip was seriously considering others he would have had Mills do likewise for other coaches.

Let's forget Thibs and Scott Brooks for a moment.

While Phil's on vacation did Mills contact ---------> Patrick...JVG...Jackson...McHale...Vinny Del Negro...Hornacek...The Great Brian Shaw...Byron Scott...Nate Mcmillan...Sam Cassell...Etorre Messina...Sam Mitchell...Randy Whittman...George Karl...Kenny Smith...JB Jr....D'Antoni...Jim Boylen...Kevin Ollie...Henry Bibby...Recently fired Dave Joeger

Okay you may be thinking some of them are obvious out of the ? candidates but there are practically 20+ names here. He probably has zero interest in all of them. Matter of fact I know he does. Remember he told us early on he's going to stick to the circle of people who he knows and trust personally. Therefore his list is short. So where's the hope promise? He let Blatt interview, which was one of his first and let him walk out the door no offer to other suitors.

Phil wreaks of an arrogant jackass with hurt feelings. I do think he'd rather go back to L.A. to be honest. He never wanted this job.

Phil tipped his hand where his interest lied...Walton, then he basically pouted and went on vacation after he got rejected yet again.