Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 ... LastLast
    Veteran

This is what happens when you're truly interested in a coach. You interview them and you make an offer shortly thereafter

Good for Joeger

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    This is what happens when you're truly interested in a coach. You interview them and you make an offer shortly thereafter

Good for Joeger
    What month was it PJ fired Fisher?
    Yep .. PJ had enough time to announce one of the unemployed head coaches for the Knicks job by the postseason games .. i hope this vacation is a phoney to interview experience head coaches with a winning record

Veteran

lol

Veteran

This is my 2016 thread about hiring Tom Thibodeau. Rather than make a new one, Iím going to just bump this. All the same arguments still apply. We would have been a playoff team instead of a joke these last 3 years if we hired Thibodeau in 2016.

HIRE TOM THIBODEAU!! FIX THE KNICKS IN 2019 (or 2020)!

12th man

Should be one of the top candidates if not the top candidate. I like him better than Mark Jackson, guys are going to want MJ but Thibs can run circles around MJ as a coach.

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post
    Should be one of the top candidates if not the top candidate. I like him better than Mark Jackson, guys are going to want MJ but Thibs can run circles around MJ as a coach.
    After having a clueless coaching-staff season after season, the Knicks roster will NEED both strategical-coaches Thib & Mark at the helm to rid all the young-core players of so much foolish decision-making on the court they learned from our previous clueless coaching-staff.

Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by htr10 View Post
    This is my 2016 thread about hiring Tom Thibodeau. Rather than make a new one, I’m going to just bump this. All the same arguments still apply. We would have been a playoff team instead of a joke these last 3 years if we hired Thibodeau in 2016.

HIRE TOM THIBODEAU!! FIX THE KNICKS IN 2019 (or 2020)!
    LOL Funny nearly four years later we're still taking about hiring Tibs. I still love Tibs, but no need to do any coaching hires until we get the front office straightened out. I'd really like to see Dolan nix any trade that Mills offers. The less he does the better at this point. Unless he wants to trade every vet on the team for expiring contracts and draft picks.

Veteran

unless u r the spurs...lose david rob for a season, win the lottery n get duncan, u gotta tear down the entire team, n find young guys who can ball n start from the bottom... u cant build a team 1/2 ass... on this team i would jettison all the players, keepin mrob, n barrett... maybe 1or 2 others ... maybe not... i see no growth in our last 2 picks b3 barrett ... send frenchie back home, n knox a one way mta ticket to JFK... as to the dotsons/elletons (whatever his name is), don't see enough of them to form an opinion as to their worth- wave goodbye to the vet's who can be traded, n try to find that diamond in the rough... of course with our front office, they couldn't find a diamond if u plopped them in the middle of 47th street...

Veteran

Screw it, Iím going to keep bringing this thread back to will the hiring of Tom Thibodeau to be the Knicks head coach into existence.

The guy is a great coach with a track record of player development. He is miraculously available to just hire at any time. Even more miraculously, he is the one guy on earth who desperately WANTS to coach the Knicks (unlike all these rumored college head coaches who want no part of this franchise).

Hire Tom Thibodeau! Fix the Knicks in 2020.

Címon Dolan and Leon Rose. This is the move you need to make. Talk to your PR firm if you need to. Fans will go crazy in a positive way if you make this hire, because it is the best hire.

QUESTIONS:

Can Thib take us to an NBA championship?

Has he took any team to a championship?

Is Thib just a coach to maybe can get us into the playoff and we will be happy with that?

BTW, and I miss it or just don't know. What players did he develop?

Lastly is Thib the most important hire or is there another hire that is more important?

Not saying you are wrong but lets touch every base and answer each question or concern truthfully.

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Raider View Post
    QUESTIONS:

Can Thib take us to an NBA championship?

Has he took any team to a championship?

Is Thib just a coach to maybe can get us into the playoff and we will be happy with that?

BTW, and I miss it or just don't know. What players did he develop?

Lastly is Thib the most important hire or is there another hire that is more important?

Not saying you are wrong but lets touch every base and answer each question or concern truthfully.
    No one can take this team to an NBA championship. Not for years.

Unless Greg Popovich becomes available (obviously not), Thibs is the best we can get.

Yes, Thibs is a coach that can get us into the playoffs and if that isnít enough for you as a Knicks fan these next 2 seasons, you have unrealistic expectations.

Thibs developed Jimmy Butler into the 2nd best 2-way player in the NBA behind Kawhi Leonard (at least at one time). Things turned to **** in Minnesota, but why that happened is debatable. Minnesota was a lot better with Thibs than they have been without him.

DRose was already good when Thibs took over, he became an MVP with Thibs running the show.

Thibs turned Yao into a Hall of Famer. Yao has said that Thibs would follow him into the bathroom to keep coaching him.

If players donít want that type of intensity, itís the players that should go.

Give Thibs the following guys - MRob, Ntilikina, Dotson, Gibson, and resign Marcus Morris. Maybe Moe Harkless and Kadeem Allen. Tell RJ and Brazdeikis to open their eyes and learn. Thibs will have this team winning games and in the playoffs in 2021. We may have to win games 78 to 76 some nights, but we can do it.
    Last edited by htr10; Feb 19, 2020 at 13:31.

No one can take this team to an NBA championship. Not for years.

Unless Greg Popovich becomes available (obviously not), Thibs is the best we can get.

Yes, Thibs is a coach that can get us into the playoffs and if that isn’t enough for you as a Knicks fan these next 2 seasons, you have unrealistic expectations.

Thibs developed Jimmy Butler into the 2nd best 2-way player in the NBA behind Kawhi Leonard (at least at one time). Things turned to **** in Minnesota, but why that happened is debatable. Minnesota was a lot better with Thibs than they have been without him.

DRose was already good when Thibs took over, he became an MVP with Thibs running the show.

Thibs turned Yao into a Hall of Famer. Yao has said that Thibs would follow him into the bathroom to keep coaching him.

If players don’t want that type of intensity, it’s the players that should go.

Give Thibs the following guys - MRob, Ntilikina, Dotson, Gibson, and resign Marcus Morris. Maybe Moe Harkless and Kadeem Allen. Tell RJ and Brazdeikis to open their eyes and learn. Thibs will have this team winning games and in the playoffs in 2020. We may have to win games 78 to 76 some nights, but we can do it.
    Didn't mean this current team to a championship. You are correct about that, LOL.

Looking long term to who best can win a championship in a coach. Not settling for a coach just so we can make the playoff. Not sure if he can take us to a championship long term.

Not sure if Thib is the most important hire right now. But if he is then he needs what I said Calipari should have last word on draft picks, F.A. and trades. I don't see anyone with BB knowledge in what is about the happen with Pres/GM.

12th man

Screw it, I¬’m going to keep bringing this thread back to will the hiring of Tom Thibodeau to be the Knicks head coach into existence.

The guy is a great coach with a track record of player development. He is miraculously available to just hire at any time. Even more miraculously, he is the one guy on earth who desperately WANTS to coach the Knicks (unlike all these rumored college head coaches who want no part of this franchise).

Hire Tom Thibodeau! Fix the Knicks in 2020.

C¬’mon Dolan and Leon Rose. This is the move you need to make. Talk to your PR firm if you need to. Fans will go crazy in a positive way if you make this hire, because it is the best hire.
    I agree .. Thibs has the coaching skills & experience to coach a few of our young-core players into keepers. That''s an expensive job .. 5M+ per.
    Only thing? Thibs deserve the right to have say-so on the roster of players coming in, and players going out .. as a head-coach only.
    Do i want to keep Miller .. Hell Yeah! Even if Thibs brings a friend.

Veteran

Thibodeau gaining a lot of momentum with the online rumor mill as our future head coach with Miller sticking around as an assistant coach. Not going to lie, I am cautiously optimistic this is going to happen.

Not a big fan. He runs players into the ground.
    "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
    Kurt Vonnegut