Page 116 of 120 FirstFirst ... 668696110111112113114115116117118119120 LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 1790
    Knows the team

Quote Originally Posted by htr10 View Post
    Wow. Celtics using their 1st round pick to send Kemba Walker to OKC. They take Al Horford back in return. A couple 2nd round picks exchanging hands as well.

Not entirely sure I get it. Celtics shed about 7 to 10 million per season (difference between what Walker and Horford will make over next 3 seasons). They must really have wanted Kemba gone.

I guess that saved salary is enough to put Boston more in play to sign a big name in free agency, not sure who.

I read someone online saying that this sets up a potential future Kemba and KP swap between OKC and Dallas. Not sure if they were joking or not.
    Wow! Boston Celtics!
    Kemba lasted 2 yrs .. Kyrie lasted 2 yrs .. I believe IA lasted 3 yrs ..
    Wsup .. with all the changes in Smart/Brown/Tatum backcourt rotation?
    Who will be the Celtics starter PG in the 2021-22 season ???

What will OKC do with all those 2021 draft picks ???

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by Kiyaman View Post
    Game-6 win at Home, says, "Bud is safe now lol
    Brooklyn's performance pushed for a Game-7 in Brooklyn lol

I give Hawks coach Nate his BIG PROPA"s for Game-5 win .. I did not expect the Hawks to get 3 wins in a series vs Philly.
    Having a double combination of top scoring-guards Trae & Lou .. that could break-down a 18 pt Philly lead in the 4th quarter for a Hawks 3 point win .. Dynamic !!!

The Clippers coach Lou, did a dynamic job to the Clippers rotation without Kawhi to beat the top winning Utah Jazz team twice in Game-5 and Game-6 to win the series 4-2.
    i vision the Jazz vs Suns in the WCF .. And Brooklyn vs Philly in the ECF
    TLu to me has done the best job during the playoffs with his adjustments. Underrated coach to me with people demeaning his championship year with the Cavs as him being Lebrons assistant. Going to be hard for the Clips to win that O'Brien trophy without Kawhi but I give him a chance after that Utah win.
    Last edited by tiger0330; Jun 19, 2021 at 05:47.

Veteran

Not sure what you say right now if you are Utah and just dropped 2 games to Clippers without Kawhi. Mike Conley’s contract comes off the books, but that still leaves them with essentially no cap space to upgrade this off-season.

Veteran

I am in shock.

Bucks win in OT and knock out Brooklyn on Brooklyn’s home court in game 7.

Think about all that we as a fan base have endured because KD and Kyrie chose Brooklyn. Then, they trade for Harden and they sign Blake Griffin.

After all that, Brooklyn can’t even make it out of the 2nd round.

What does anyone have to say now?

Just crazy to think if KD steps back another inch, he drains a 3 at end of regulation and BKLN advances.

Fine line, folks.

Veteran

Hawks win game 7 in Philly. As usual, the always classy Philadelphia fans send their team off booing them off the court.

I don’t think anyone is laughing at the Knicks tonight for losing in round 1 to Atlanta. Hawks may very well be the best team in the conference.

Hawks vs Bucks in the ECF.

Think of how that path has opened wide…. You gave ATL/NYK… then PHI and Embiid has torn meniscus.

You avoid Brooklyn

No LAK in Finals

They got a deep team and a talented roster. As hot as any team since N8 arrived.

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post
    Choke job by the Sixers in game 5. Their bench didn’t do anything and allowed the Hawks to narrow that huge lead they had and then the starters choked down the stretch, Embiid wasn’t as effective late in the game as he was early, most likely because of his bum knee and Doc must have recollections of Deandre Jordan when Nate pulled out his hack a Shaq on Ben Simmons, how any team pays the kind of money to a guy that can’t shoot a jump shot or hit his freebies is beyond me. Sixers go to ATL for game 6 and are probably done
    losing the pivotal game 5 where the team that wins it goes on to win the series 82% of the time.
    Ben Simmons taking a lot of heat from Sixers fans and from Doc and Embiid for the game 7 loss to Hawks. Passed up a wide open layup to pass it to Thybulle who didn’t convert, Sixers fans livid on social media expecting more from a max salary PG with an all NBA pedigree. Doc when asked by reporters if Simmons is the guy to lead the Sixers to a championship responded he didn’t know the answer to that now. Embiid pointed to the Simmons no dunk as the key play in the loss.

Not a fan of Simmons, I have the opposite view of those that think he does enough with his D and size to offset his lack of offense. This series exposed Simmons and he’s not the guy you build a championship team around.

Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post
    Not a fan of Simmons, I have the opposite view of those that think he does enough with his D and size to offset his lack of offense. This series exposed Simmons and he’s not the guy you build a championship team around.
    They need to get the right sports psychologist in to work with him. Obviously this is the area to work on, not a specific skill. He is a young hard working player and he does everything well were you don't need mental toughness. But mental toughness is also a thing you can teach.
    "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
    Kurt Vonnegut

Simmons had a pretty atrocious series overall and had an embarrassing three field goal attempts in all seven fourth quarters of the Hawks series, including zero attempts in the final frames of Games 4-7

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by pat View Post
    They need to get the right sports psychologist in to work with him. Obviously this is the area to work on, not a specific skill. He is a young hard working player and he does everything well were you don't need mental toughness. But mental toughness is also a thing you can teach.
    Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    Simmons had a pretty atrocious series overall and had an embarrassing three field goal attempts in all seven fourth quarters of the Hawks series, including zero attempts in the final frames of Games 4-7
    Sixers will look to trade him not try to get him a sports shrink. Probably the least marketable all NBA player in the league at this point, I said years ago that it wouldn’t surprise me if he never improved his shooting and I think that’s where his game is at. Sixers only hope to get a star back for him is if Beale or Lillard or someone else forces a trade to PHI and they unload him along with a pick.

KP to POR
    McCullum to PHI
    Simmons to DAL

Michael Kay asked if NYK would trade Randle for Simmons

Tough to trade for Simmons when you can just sign Ball…. But, let’s say PHI would even consider trading Ben to NY…. Would we take him? At what price?

IQ, Knox and Toppin and a 1st is about as far as I can go for Simmons. I wouldn’t trade RJ or Randle for him.

The last 5 games, Nets were a -51 with Joe Harris on the court.

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    KP to POR
    McCullum to PHI
    Simmons to DAL

Michael Kay asked if NYK would trade Randle for Simmons

Tough to trade for Simmons when you can just sign Ball…. But, let’s say PHI would even consider trading Ben to NY…. Would we take him? At what price?

IQ, Knox and Toppin and a 1st is about as far as I can go for Simmons. I wouldn’t trade RJ or Randle for him.
    I don’t know who in their right mind trades for Ben Simmons period, let alone giving up an All-Star on a good contract like Julius Randle in return.

Simmons is a 14, 7, and 7 guy who makes 30+ million a year, literally can’t shoot a 3, and shoots 60% from the FT line on a good day.

No idea why he is considered a star player. He is a great defensive player who is in control of the ball way too much on offense. He only turns 25 this year, but why would anyone want to try to rebuild the skill set of a guy who is already making so much money.

You could argue you’d have better luck trying to further develop Ntilikina at this point than Simmons, given their differences in price and current deficiencies.

If I was Embiid, I would want out before next season if Simmons isn’t shipped out.
    Last edited by htr10; Jun 22, 2021 at 02:22.

I’m more concerned with his dedication, for he enjoys Hollywood more than being great.

But, if all PHi asked for was Knox, IQ, Toppin and 2 of our top 3 picks this draft…. I couldn’t say no.