Other NBA games and League

Kiyaman

Legend
No excuses for the Nets, they're healthy with Lavert and Dinwiddie back and the best 3 pt shooter in Joe Harris. I'm rooting for them to make the playoffs.

The Brooklyn Nets didn't do so well on half of the games on the 6 game West-Coast swing ..
Brooklyn loss the first game to OKC Thunders Westbrook & PG-13 dynamic 2nd half performance outscoring the Nets 66-44 in the 2nd half of the game for the win #1.
The 2nd game loss to the Utah Jazz Mitchell & Gobert out-performing and out-scoring the Nets the first 3 quarters of the game for the 2nd win.
The 3rd loss Brooklyn put up a fight till the final minute of the game against the LA Cippers.

tiger0330

Legend
The Brooklyn Nets didn't do so well on half of the games on the 6 game West-Coast swing ..
Brooklyn loss the first game to OKC Thunders Westbrook & PG-13 dynamic 2nd half performance outscoring the Nets 66-44 in the 2nd half of the game for the win #1.
The 2nd game loss to the Utah Jazz Mitchell & Gobert out-performing and out-scoring the Nets the first 3 quarters of the game for the 2nd win.
The 3rd loss Brooklyn put up a fight till the final minute of the game against the LA Cippers.
The Nets have the toughest strength of schedule in their remaining 10 games. They need to keep their record at .500, I think the 8th seed in the EC gets in with a below .500 record.

mafra

Legend
44 points and 12 assists (27 points alone in the 4th Quarter), as DeAngelo Russell leads the charge. Nets mounted a 28-point comeback vs SAC.

Lakers really suck, huh. So much for this being the wrong #2 pick. If you could re-draft, would you take KP over Russell? I wouldn?t...

tiger0330

Legend
44 points and 12 assists (27 points alone in the 4th Quarter), as DeAngelo Russell leads the charge. Nets mounted a 28-point comeback vs SAC.

Lakers really suck, huh. So much for this being the wrong #2 pick. If you could re-draft, would you take KP over Russell? I wouldn’t...
They were down 28 pts late in the 3rd with SAC trouncing them, I turned it off thinking it was over. Great comeback win by the Nets. SAC falling apart losing something like 9 of their last 13 I think I heard on the broadcast, very little chance they were making the playoffs even before this loss. They have some good young players in Fox, Hield and Bagley and made progress this season so I would think Vlade gets another shot next year to end the longest playoff drought in the NBA currently.

Russell has surprised and I used him and Dinwiddie as reasons you have to be patient with Ntilikina but Russell averaged 13 pts his rookie season and 15 his second so Nits no comparison, you have to question a kid that should have growth from year 1 to 2. Pretty sure if Perry does trade him that he won't have the same regret Magic has in trading D'Angelo.

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
Just caught the last qtr of that Nets game. Biggest comeback In Nets history off the largest 3rd qtr deficit in club history. Atkinson also used guys coming off the bench to key the win, Hyphen, Dudley, Graham along with Kuracs and DLo. Greatest thing about the game was their excitement about the W, you would have thought they won the NBA Finals at the end of the game. If the Nets can come up with that kind of defensive energy they showed in this game they may be a tough out in the playoffs.

Kiyaman

Legend
A Great performance last night .. and it couldn't have happen to a better player "D'ANGELO RUSSELL" put on a 4th quarter come-back performance last night, that turned into a reward winning performance .. Russell raised his off-season FA stock $$$ a notch or two having a Great 27 pt performance in the finishing quarter, plus Brooklyn's coach Kenny Atkinson 4th qtr. rotation lineups had a great 2-Way performance in the finishing quarter scoring 45 pts, plus holding the Dynamic Young-core Kings to 18 pts in the final quarter for a Nets road win.

That Lou Williams Buzzer Beater Gave D.Russell ............ !!!!

Rumored that if Luke Walton is out as the head coach of the Lakers then Jason Kidd has a good chance at the Lakers head coaching job.

tiger0330

Legend
Speedy Recovery for Jusuf Nurkic, just a shocking and devastating injury :pray:

Horrific injury. Wish him well and hope for a speedy recovery. Getting Kanter for depth at the 5 was the right move, he was avging 20ppg per 36 but he's not the defender Nurkic is. Stott is going to have to come up with schemes and lineups to cover for the lack of D by Enes.

tiger0330

Legend
Great game in MIL. Nets come up with a clutch W that gets them back to .500 and into the playoff picture, a loss would have dropped them to 2 games below .500 and out of the playoffs. Bucks played without the Freak and Atkinson went with that small ball lineup at the end with Dudley being the biggest guy on the floor for them, Dudley came up huge with his scoring, clutch FT shooting, D and rebounding, Biggest play of the game for him was a tip out of an OR to Joe Harris who buried the game deciding 3.

No time to relax, back to back against the Pacers tomorrow.

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
Nets and the Magic are in the playoffs. Clifford a great job down in Orlando and Atkinson and Marks a great job in Brooklyn. Really don't know how Kenny wins those games at the end without a big man in at the end but it's working.

Kiyaman

Legend
Nets and the Magic are in the playoffs. Clifford a great job down in Orlando and Atkinson and Marks a great job in Brooklyn. Really don't know how Kenny wins those games at the end without a big man in at the end but it's working.

Brooklyn-Brooklyn Nets !!!
No sports analyst or writer put the Nets in the post-season games this season !!!

Tiger .... I put the Kings in the post season games this season, but when the Kings traded Shump (vet-DEFENSE) on the February trade dead-line it took the Kings out of the play-off race.

This seemed inevitable with a pissed off Lebron James in town. Magic Johnson stepping down as President of the Lakers. He says he wants to go back to having fun. Not going to crap on Magic, despite the result, because he has always been one of the nicest guys in the game and I?m not sure anyone else is going to do any better with the job.

tiger0330

Legend
Most of the work on an NBA team is done by the GM so what happens with Pelinka? My guess is Jeanne Buss fires him, it would be amazing if she calls PJ out of exile to replace Magic to hire the new GM. Luke would keep his job if PJ is there but he's probably out if another GM like David Griffin is hired. Lebron is going to have a say on Griffin if he becomes a candidate you would have to imagine.

tiger0330

Legend
Weirdest thing is you tell ESPN you quit before you tell your boss who paid you several million dollars to come to work for her.

mafra

Legend
Magic trades away Russell, R-Lopez, Zubec, Nance, and let Randle walk.

Watches LeBron?s season go bust (mainly bc of these moves and the horrible free agents he signed)...

Then he walks away, so he can have ?fun?, and doesn?t even have the courage to tell his boss eye-2-eye?

Either some shady stuff happened behind the scenes, between LAK management and LJ vs MJ (which ticked off Magic) or this cat is a tool.

tiger0330

Legend
Three NBA head coach job openings today with the dismissals of Bickerstaff, Joerger and Drew by the Griz, Kings and Cavs respectively. Magic stepping down probably saved or delayed the firing of Luke but I don't see how you can avoid being fired after signing LeBron and then not making the playoffs.

Kiya wishing Fizdale is next but he probably gets another year like our last 2 coaches.

Kiyaman

Legend
Here we go .. It's Post-Season time ....
How many games will it take the Bucks to beat the Pistons in a series?
Will the Toronto Raptors sweep the Orlando Magic in the first round of the playoffs?
Does the Philly 76er's all-star starting lineup need Embiid in the series to beat the Brooklyn Nets?
Would Boston win a series against the Indiana Pacers if Olidipo were healthy to play?

The Clippers hard-working coach Doc Rivers won 48 games to become a 8th seeded team in the West Coast ..
How many wins do you give the Clippers in this series vs the NBA Champions?
The (54-28) Denver Nuggets team are new to the Post-season games, and Nuggets coach/players will have to learn the scheme of a winning series over-night in a 7-game series vs the mighty Spurs (HOF) 20 yr postseason head-coach Pop?
Portland vs OKC .... The Battle of the best complimentary PG in the business .. Westbrook vs Lillard .. a dynamic full 7-game series ???
The (53-29) Houston Rockets dynamic back-court of Harden & CP3 .. are gonna make the Utah Jazz a tougher opponent after the series.

Kiyaman

Legend
This seemed inevitable with a pissed off Lebron James in town. Magic Johnson stepping down as President of the Lakers. He says he wants to go back to having fun. Not going to crap on Magic, despite the result, because he has always been one of the nicest guys in the game and I’m not sure anyone else is going to do any better with the job.

The Lakers Buss Family vs the Knicks Dolan Family .. Cant be FIXED !!!

tiger0330

Legend
Three NBA head coach job openings today with the dismissals of Bickerstaff, Joerger and Drew by the Griz, Kings and Cavs respectively. Magic stepping down probably saved or delayed the firing of Luke but I don't see how you can avoid being fired after signing LeBron and then not making the playoffs.

Kiya wishing Fizdale is next but he probably gets another year like our last 2 coaches.
Lakers fired Luke today. I'd expect LeBrons old war horse Ty Lu to be their next coach.