Page 98 of 102 FirstFirst ... 4868789293949596979899100101102 LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 1521
    12th man

Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    Steven Silas hired to be HC of Rockets. My last official recorded base hit came off Steven in HS
    Didn’t know Steven Silas played HS baseball for a NY team but I looked it up and his dad was a Knicks asst between 1989-1992 and probably lived in Westchester.

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by htr10 View Post
    Mike D’Antoni to work as assistant coach under Steve Nash with the Nets. Crazy. I hope the players are ready to run the floor.
    Crazy move for D’Antoni going from a HC to asst. and they got Udoka as well who interviewed for multiple HC spots. Nets have put together a top coaching staff, Nash is a great player development guy and has to learn the other aspects of coaching but he now has a staff that can support him with at least 3 guys that could be head coaches in the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post
    Didn’t know Steven Silas played HS baseball for a NY team but I looked it up and his dad was a Knicks asst between 1989-1992 and probably lived in Westchester.
    I believe it was John Jay HS? Must have been my Junior year, 1991. I graduated in 1992.... Article says he had 3 kids, but I believe it was Steven, and since he graduated in 1992... makes it more likely it was him.

I roped a liner to RF.

Crazy move for DíAntoni going from a HC to asst. and they got Udoka as well who interviewed for multiple HC spots. Nets have put together a top coaching staff, Nash is a great player development guy and has to learn the other aspects of coaching but he now has a staff that can support him with at least 3 guys that could be head coaches in the NBA.
    I canít wait for them go 60-22, cruise through EC then get ousted in 6 by LAK. Rinse and repeat for 2022. These 2 soft-shelled wanna-be top dawgs wonít handle coming up when city starts mocking them. Theyíll turn on each other quickly.

12th man

I believe it was John Jay HS? Must have been my Junior year, 1991. I graduated in 1992.... Article says he had 3 kids, but I believe it was Steven, and since he graduated in 1992... makes it more likely it was him.

I roped a liner to RF.
    I drove by John Jay the other day and saw their football field and soccer field which sit side by side and are large and well maintained and I thought they spend a lot on their sports programs so I bet they're pretty successful. Checked and they have a very good sports program with success in soccer, lacrosse and football but no mention of a baseball team.

I drove by John Jay the other day and saw their football field and soccer field which sit side by side and are large and well maintained and I thought they spend a lot on their sports programs so I bet they're pretty successful. Checked and they have a very good sports program with success in soccer, lacrosse and football but no mention of a baseball team.
    I think they had beaten us in football from like 1969-1990... then we beat them my first football game.

No baseball now but what about in 1991? It couldíve been Stepinak, Brewster, Fox Lane? I keep thinking JJ tho?

12th man

Crazy move for DíAntoni going from a HC to asst. and they got Udoka as well who interviewed for multiple HC spots. Nets have put together a top coaching staff, Nash is a great player development guy and has to learn the other aspects of coaching but he now has a staff that can support him with at least 3 guys that could be head coaches in the NBA.

Great Plan Brooklyn .. PG-Irving, SG-LeVert, SF-Durant, PF-Prince, C-D.Jordan ....
    Four Stars go out to head-coach Nash decision-making in selecting assistant coaches!
    Nash, will start-off his first NBA head-coaching season playing above .500 B.ball, by having his ex-HC Dantoni on the bench with him as the Brooklyn Nets assistant-coach.
    Wow! Nash are doing the same-thing as his old Phoenix Suns G.M Steve Kerr did when he turn to coaching to become the head-coach of the GS Warriors, plus bringing HC Alvin Gentry a long to become the assistant coach.

How well will HC Thibs coaching staff turn out ???

12th man

Our former coach Hornacek will be an asst with the Houston Rockets. I wonder if Fizdale gets another shot somewhere, I would think he might find a spot in Miami esp since they made it to the Finals.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiyaman View Post
    How well will HC Thibs coaching staff turn out ???
    I don't think that it's important. His defensive strategy is yelling "ICE!" at the sideline. Offensively it boils down to playing his starters 40+ minutes until they fall apart. No need for competent assistants for that.
    "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
    Kurt Vonnegut

12th man

Morey going to say something about his resignation tomorrow but the situation was similar to Doc and Balmer, Morey was the GM for 13 years and never won that championship. Their new owner and Morey coming to an agreement that it was time for a change, I said they were a team in flux despite their 2 MVP stars, don't see how they're going to surround The Beard and Russ with talent without cap space and no picks. My bet is JH and/or Russ ask to be traded and we see a rebuild in Houston.
    Looks like Russ wants out of Houston seeing a rocky road to a championship and having to play second banana to JH.

Rockets All-Star Russell Westbrook wants out of Houston, sources told The Athletic's Shams Charania. Westbrook, who has three years and $123 million remaining on his deal, has expressed the sentiment to Houston officials, sources said. Westbrook has informed team officials that he has been uneasy about the team's accountability and culture, and wants to join a team where he can have a role similar to his prior, floor-general role in Oklahoma City. The Rockets are fully intending to continue building a title-contender around James Harden, and rival team officials tell The Athletic that the franchise has so far been protective of both Harden and Westbrook in trade discussions.

The good news on the RW front, if you are hoping for a Trade, is the fact NYK are 1 of a few teams that can absorb his contract. HOU doesnít have many options....

SAS suggests that BKLN deal Dimwiidy, Lavert and other stuff for Harden.

Veteran

The good news on the RW front, if you are hoping for a Trade, is the fact NYK are 1 of a few teams that can absorb his contract. HOU doesnít have many options....

SAS suggests that BKLN deal Dimwiidy, Lavert and other stuff for Harden.
    I would laugh my butt off at Durant, Kyrie, and Westbrook on the same roster. The second things go wrong, that team would explode. Also, if they got rid of Kyrieís buddy Dinwiddie? Hilarious.

It sounds like NYK are exploring their options. What else is new.

HOU doesnít have much choice, for only a few teams can absorb the RW contract. But, would it be smarter to use that money on FVF and another free agent, or using cap space to swallow a bad contract while getting assets, or simply stand pat and wait until next offseason?

12th man

It sounds like NYK are exploring their options. What else is new.

HOU doesn’t have much choice, for only a few teams can absorb the RW contract. But, would it be smarter to use that money on FVF and another free agent, or using cap space to swallow a bad contract while getting assets, or simply stand pat and wait until next offseason?
    FVF is a pipe dream, he's an UFA but the Raps have his bird rights and can match any offer. I guess they have to try but why would the guy leave when he can be a go to guy on a winner like the Raps instead if the go to guy on a rebuilding team like the Knicks.

I donít want FVF, bc heís not a near-max player. But Freddy just went on record stating he wants to get paid. I think TOR will have a line they wonít be willing to cross, and I imagine some team will overpay for his services, and TOR will be forced to let him walk.

Then again, TOR canít attract free agents, so maybe they go all in? But, if they couldnít beat BOS with this roster, it would be foolish to waste all your cap space on just maintaining the status quo.

When speaking recently on JJ Redickís podcast ďThe Old Man and the Three,Ē VanVleet asserted that heís ready to cash in.

ďIím trying to get paid, man,Ē he said. ďIím not shy about that. I donít have to tell people that I value winning. Like, just look at my story, do your research, Iíve never been on a losing team in my entire life. Ö I won a championship and now itís time to cash out. Iím 26. Ö Iím only four years in (to his NBA career) but I feel like Iím on the verge of blossoming even more, with more of a lead role.Ē

More of a lead role? I wonder what he means?