Other NBA games and League

tiger0330

Legend
Giannis out injured now. Bucks on way to getting swept.
They got enough to win 1 or 2 games without Giannis but they dug themselves a crater losing that game 3. Heat play tremendous D and when you have guys like Robinson, Herro and Crowder that can torch you from outside it makes it hard to beat them 4 straight like the Bucks need to do.

Most disappointing performance in the playoffs by far by the Bucks but the melodrama may just be starting there. You would think there are going to be coaching and front office changes, guys looking to move on, Giannis saying he's not sure about his future there etc.

Kiyaman

Legend
Wrote about Kemba's pass in the final minute if that's the one your referring to.

OKC had 1.5 seconds to make a shot from the Rox side of the court, would have taken a miracle and the difference would have been a tie to go to OT and not a loss if Gallo made his FT. As it turns out OKC last play was a bust making Gallo's FT miss irrelevant.

Gallo missing the FT only confirms his career performance in the NBA as a player.
Gallo is not the veteran-player u want on the court in the 4th quarter under-pressure.
Gallo's most valuable NBA talent are as a shooter .. Gallo's shooting performance has never came close to 50% of Reddick or any of the top 20 shooters in the league.

The Boston Celtricks Big-3 Tatum, D.Brown, and Smart has a great complimentary chemistry of improving their teammates performance to play consistent Celtricks b.ball.
Kemba Walker's team-performance as a Celtricks has improve 100% better than the weak 8 yr performance he gave to the Hornets.
Kyrie's performance on the Nets looked like the same raw iso-scoring performance he had in his first two season in the NBA.

The Miami Heats postseason performance has been playing much better than anyone expected for reasons of having a great Heats organization.
The Miami Heats (Erik Spoelstra) coaching-staff may be one of the top-3 best coaching-staff in the NBA. Plus the development of the Heats young-core players (Adebayo, Jones Jr., Herro, Nunn, and D.Robinson) have a 16 yr veteran player (Udonis Haslem) as a teammate, that Miami drafted 16 season ago that became the Heats Practice & Locker-room leader the past decade.

tiger0330

Legend
Billy Donovan out as HC of OKC Thunder.

The Oklahoma City Thunder and head coach Billy Donovan parted ways, the team announced Tuesday night. Donovan, 55, just finished his fifth season as the team's head coach, leading the Thunder to a 44-28 record and a first-round playoff exit in seven games against Houston. Oklahoma City went 243-157 in the regular season and 18-23 in the postseason during Donovan's tenure. This is a developing story. More to come.

tiger0330

Legend
They were discussing the future of Mike D’Antoni and that their GM Morey said they want him back but D’Antoni might not want to return and could wind up signing with another team.

I wonder if that was the case with Donovan that he wanted to go back to college coaching or explore another NBA opportunity, he put together a nice season and exceeded expectations with most predicting they wouldn’t make the playoffs this season so his departure was a surprise. Wouldn’t be surprised if Bucks fire Bud tomorrow and hire Donovan to replace him.

tiger0330

Legend
Hell of a game in the bubble between TOR BOS in a double OT win by TOR to force a game 7. I was thinking during the game that this was like a great MMA fight when two fighters trade blows with both teams trading made 3s or layups. Mark Jackson compared it to a Frazier/Ali fight to reinforce my comparison. Both teams left it all on the court playing tough defense and great offense, looking visibly gassed at the end. Lowry with 33pts on 12/20 with 6 3s but Norman Powell gets my game ball with his 23 pts on 6/11 including 3 3s, gritty D and clutch pts in the OT.

mafra

Legend
Remember when Dolan squashed Lowry trade bc MU worked him over twice, on the Melo and Bargs trade...

Remember the adage, third time is the charm.

MU should thank Dolan, not knock him... MU the tool who almost dealt Lowry away. No Lowry and no title.

You see, you need to get lucky some times and sometimes the trades you don?t make...

tiger0330

Legend
Hell of a game in the bubble between TOR BOS in a double OT win by TOR to force a game 7. I was thinking during the game that this was like a great MMA fight when two fighters trade blows with both teams trading made 3s or layups. Mark Jackson compared it to a Frazier/Ali fight to reinforce my comparison. Both teams left it all on the court playing tough defense and great offense, looking visibly gassed at the end. Lowry with 33pts on 12/20 with 6 3s but Norman Powell gets my game ball with his 23 pts on 6/11 including 3 3s, gritty D and clutch pts in the OT.
NP Raptor teammates thought like me about Powell with this ESPN headline.

Kyle Lowry clutch, but Norman Powell 'saved our season,' Raptors' Fred VanVleet says

tiger0330

Legend
They were discussing the future of Mike D’Antoni and that their GM Morey said they want him back but D’Antoni might not want to return and could wind up signing with another team.

I wonder if that was the case with Donovan that he wanted to go back to college coaching or explore another NBA opportunity, he put together a nice season and exceeded expectations with most predicting they wouldn’t make the playoffs this season so his departure was a surprise. Wouldn’t be surprised if Bucks fire Bud tomorrow and hire Donovan to replace him.

Mike D'Antoni not returning as HC of the Rockets on expiration of his contract, probably a good move for him with the lack of cap flexibility and draft picks for the Rockets after the CP3 and Westbrook trades. They also have contract decisions on PJ Tucker and guys like Rivers, Mclemore, Green, Carroll on minimum contracts that will probably be playing elsewhere. Rox are a team in flux that have an uncertain future despite having 2 MVP stars On their roster.

D'Antoni now becomes one of the top coaching talents available on the market along with Donovan.

tiger0330

Legend
Clips now down 6 with 5 mins left in the 3rd. Clips paying for doubling the Joker in the post and Denver making them pay with his game high 9 dimes for both teams. No one told these Nuggets that the Clips have the deepest team in the NBA, they have no fear. Malone has these guys believing in themselves.

tiger0330

Legend
Calling for an upset of the Clips by the Nugs with 9 mins left after Lou Williams misses a chippie layup and earlier Green winds up to dunk but sends his shot to mid court after he hits the rim on his miss. Kawhi 6/19, PG 4/12. Clips now down 15 with a little over 8 mins left and Jokic on the bench.

Clippers about to get ousted. For a team that brought in Kawhi and PG13, gutting their future assets in the process, this must be pretty disappointing.

Kawhi and PG13 both came up small in game 7. Clippers traded away 6 1st round picks in the last year to build this team.

mafra

Legend
Well, the last piece acquired in the Carmelo trade steps up carries his team to the CF, along with his second round All Star C Joker triple-DUB sidekick...

Incredible.

tiger0330

Legend
Bucks about to go down 0-3 to MIA. Unbelievable, The Freak as MVP my ass, playoffs don't count but they should. You can stop him, build a wall, force him to take 3s and use all your fouls to make him beat you from the charity stripe which he won't. Changes are coming in MIL with Bud looking like he'll be collecting unemployment soon.
Giannis wins his 2nd straight MVP award but closes his press conference with this, I'm a proponent of including post season performance as a factor in deciding the MVP. Giannis was asked about his future in MIL and he said he could see playing 15 years there, so much for the Knicks signing him after MIL gives him that super max extension.

?Don?t call me MVP. Don?t call me two-time MVP until I?m a champion.