Other NBA games and League

tiger0330

Legend
Aaron Gordon was robbed. Classic Dwayne Wade. Made sure the guy from the Heat won.
Consensus by everyone was AG was robbed, sad thing is he said thats twice he should have been the dunk champ and he said enough is enough of getting screwed by the judges announcing his retirement from the ASG dunk competition, depriving the dunk contest of a great competitor. Maybe they should offer prize money to appear.

Wish they could set up the competition like the 3 pt shooting competition where it's clear who the winner is by the number of times the ball goes in the basket, the 3 pt contest is my fav event now. I like the new wrinkle of the 2 30 ft shot and the NBA has never had so many 3 pt snipers and shooters. The Knicks need to groom a perennial shooter that can appear in that contest and then we'll know we're making progress.

Other than RJ, we were snubbed on AS weekend. RJ was OK but the game is setup for him to score a lot of points when they don't play D and all his shots are layups and dunks. He was 0-4 from 3 and needs to get better and appear in the 3 pt contest one day.

Kiyaman

Legend
Yeah, Aaron Gordon got robbed again for his 2nd outstanding performance in the Dunking contest, DAMN!
Well, Knick fans rookie RJ Barrett ISO all-star performance reminded me of the performance we got last season from our SG ISO-ZO.
I wonder how IZO-ZO would have turned out if we gave him 35 minute per in his first 30 NBA games ???

mafra

Legend
RJ is only 19. Check out his stats compared to 19 yr-old Kobe. The hope is RJ will be a much better player when he?s 22. We shall see. We all wish we could?ve had Ja or Zion.

Kiyaman

Legend
RJ is only 19. Check out his stats compared to 19 yr-old Kobe. The hope is RJ will be a much better player when he’s 22. We shall see. We all wish we could’ve had Ja or Zion.

Nah .. never was a fan of Kobe till Phil Jackson became his coach, and Zion and Ja wouldve sat out their entire rookie season if the Knicks would've drafted them. The same way Embiid and Simmons did to the decade lottery 76ers, and Blake Griffin did to the sorry LA Clippers.
Recall .. Stern stopped the Chris Paul trade to the Lakers, and weeks later when the Clippers hired coach Doc Rivers, Stern let the Clippers trade for Chris Paul so the first pick of the draft Blake Griifin would put on a uniform.

Zion was drafted by a Pelican team that furnished Zion with a winning head-coach Gentry, plus having 2 great pass-first PG in Jrue Holiday and Lonzo Ball.
The-the-the Dolan Knicks started the 2019-20 season having the number one NBA LOSER head-coach Fizdale calling shots making clumsy Randle-Handle the Knicks PG .... SMH .... Not even four months into the season Dolan FIRED the Knicks head-coach and President !!!

mafra

Legend
Can?t argue with that, considering Charlie Wars was the last first rounder we re-signed and retained.

During a media appearance at All-Star weekend in Chicago, NBA Commissioner Adam Silver stated that he thinks an in-season tournament or a play-in tournament are likely to happen.

Silver wanted to create a special schedule for the NBA's 75th season (2021-22), but the league's widespread support for the ideas caused Silver to push for them to be permanent. "When we went to our teams, the Players Association and our media partners - probably the most important constituents in making changes - the response we got was that, frankly, there was so much interest that they didn?t think it made sense to do it as a one-off. I strongly believe we will end up with some sort of in-season tournament and a play-in tournament," Silver said. If this does eventually happen, the fantasy implications will be huge.

tiger0330

Legend
Aaron Gordon was robbed. Classic Dwayne Wade. Made sure the guy from the Heat won.

Yeah, Aaron Gordon got robbed again for his 2nd outstanding performance in the Dunking contest, DAMN!
Well, Knick fans rookie RJ Barrett ISO all-star performance reminded me of the performance we got last season from our SG ISO-ZO.
I wonder how IZO-ZO would have turned out if we gave him 35 minute per in his first 30 NBA games ???
I said there was a consensus that AG was robbed of the dunk crown but that wasn't my opinion, thought both were deserving of it and they should have called a draw and had co-title holders for the first time. It was the best dunk competition in quite a while, true high flier type of players unlike years where Nate won it or even last year where a smallish DM won.

Kiyaman

Legend
I said there was a consensus that AG was robbed of the dunk crown but that wasn't my opinion, thought both were deserving of it and they should have called a draw and had co-title holders for the first time. It was the best dunk competition in quite a while, true high flier type of players unlike years where Nate won it or even last year where a smallish DM won.

I agree .. It should've been a TIED performance with Zach LaVine too !!!

tiger0330

Legend
John Beilein and the Cavs reportedly ready to part company. Maybe Leon Rose should think twice about hiring guys like Wright and Calipari to coach the Knicks when there are plenty of NBA coaches looking for work.

John Beilein and the Cavs reportedly ready to part company. Maybe Leon Rose should think twice about hiring guys like Wright and Calipari to coach the Knicks when there are plenty of NBA coaches looking for work.

This is exactly what I was thinking. Beilein in year 1 of a 5 year deal. Absolute disaster of a coaching hire.

mafra

Legend
"He really wants the Knick job, he can taste it and he may even be in the lead," a Thibodeau confidant told The Post.

"It's never a sure thing because of ownership, but Thibs knows he can work with Rose and also knows he'd be able to bring in his people as well," Berman's source said.

Thibodeau was last seen on an NBA sideline as the head coach of the Minnesota Timberwolves, a position he held for two and a half years before being fired midway through last season on Jan. 6. Thibodeau also previously coached the Chicago Bulls from 2010-2015.

Berman's source added that Thibodeau hasn't taken a permanent residence anywhere yet as he searches for his next NBA job, and has split his time between his brother's home in New England, and Los Angeles near Doc Rivers and Tyronn Lue as he visits teams.

Knicks forward Taj Gibson, who played under Thibodeau in both Minnesota and Chicago, gave his thoughts on if his former coach could still thrive in today's NBA.

"He can do it. If you want to win, he can do it. If the main goal is about winning and developing guys and pushing guys to the limit, (he can do it). Not everybody is capable of (accepting) the coaching. But it's proof in the pudding. You look at a lot of the guys he's had over the years; a lot of them was hard-nosed and a lot of them give him his due credit."

Kyrie having season ending shoulder surgery. Nets not getting enough attention for how much money they spent to make a worse team. Sure, sure, they?ll have both Kyrie and Durant the next 2 seasons and they?ll both be healthy and better than they?ve ever been. Whatever.

mafra

Legend
Kyrie having season ending shoulder surgery. Nets not getting enough attention for how much money they spent to make a worse team. Sure, sure, they?ll have both Kyrie and Durant the next 2 seasons and they?ll both be healthy and better than they?ve ever been. Whatever.

Fact is their honeymoon is over. They made playoffs last year and this season. No excuses. It?s title or bust next 2 seasons. And, even with the grace period this season, KD and Kyrie still awkwardly handled the NY media.

Sure, they?ll win 56 games next year.... but nothing matters short of a title. So, now and moving forward, the heat is gonna get turned up on Nets... let?s see how they handle stuff.

tiger0330

Legend
JBB appointed HC of the Cavs replacing Beilein.

Cavaliers Will Keep J.B. Bickerstaff As Head Coach, Won't Conduct Search In Offseason

The Cleveland Cavaliers have promoted J.B. Bickerstaff as permanent head coach to replace John Beilein.

The Cavaliers always had a succession plan for Bickerstaff to replace Beilein upon the latter's retirement.

Because this agreement was essentially built into the contract Bickerstaff signed and a big reason why he came to Cleveland in the first place, there will be no coaching search this offseason for the Cavaliers.

Bickerstaff is the fourth head coach of the Cavaliers since the start of the 18-19 season.

paris401

Starter
Sure, they’ll win 56 games next year.... but nothing matters short of a title. So, now and moving forward, the heat is gonna get turned up on Nets... let’s see how they handle stuff.

don't we wish we were in the same position??.. win 56games, but its a lost season without that trophy.... $hit we should give the knicks a trophy next time they win 26 games...

Kiyaman

Legend
Last night, Zion's dynamic performance had the Pelicans starting 5 lineup produce 32 Dimes on the GSW for a 115 - 101 Pelicans win. Zion's complimentary moving without the ball scoring are what AD were looking for from Cousin & Randl-Handle when they joined the Pelicans .. I will not be shock or surprise if AD resign backup to the Peicans b4 Zion rookie contract end CTFU

The Lakers Lebron n official had a hard time getting this close Lakers win from Boston 114 - 112 yesterday, having Celtics young star Tatum score 41 points SMH

The Toronto Raptors Lowry & VanVleet tore a big hole through the Pacers performance grabing a 63 - 32 Halftime lead, in the 2nd half Raptors took off for a strong 127 -81 game win DAMN !!!

The Chris Paul (6-seed) OKC Thunder's dynamic 10 man rotation ran thru the Spurs for a quick 131 - 103 OKC win. Now, Chris Paul would have been the Perfect player for the Knicks to go after in the 2019 offseason. The Knicks young-core players need a season or 2 of CP3 Leadership .. not Randle-Handle leadership CTFU !!!

mafra

Legend
Coby White scored 30-plus points in his third straight game and finished Tuesday's 124-122 loss to the Thunder with a career-high 35 points, seven rebounds, three assists, six 3-pointers and just one turnover on 13-of-21 shooting in 33 minutes off the bench.
Start him already! Over this three-game stretch, all without Kris Dunn, White has hit 34-of-61 shots (56%), 18-of-31 3-pointers (58%), 13-of-14 free throws and is averaging 33.4 points, 5.3 rebounds, 2.3 assists and 1.0 steals, although the Bulls have lost two of his three big games. The Bulls only play one more game this week, but it's time that White is owned everywhere, at least while he's this hot

mafra

Legend
I was the opposite, thought he was OK like most teams which was why he dropped to 7 but loved the kid early in the season posting about the kid.

I just knew he was a gamer at UNC, and I had him as the second best PG in this class. Ergo, based on position need... I would?ve traded out if I knew I could?ve snagged White and another lottery pick (Hunter, Hach, Clark or Culver). But, again, those offers didn?t exist.