Other NBA games and League

tiger0330

Legend
KP 7-9 from downtown for 36 points... But, Lilard with 61 and Melo with 26 and POR wins.
Dame with a back to back 50 burger, 61 this game his career high. His last 3 a prayer a 30 footer that hit the rim bounced 15 ft in the air before going in. His 6th 50 plus game this season giving him 11 for his career. That's going to be a great series if they get in Lakers vs. Blazers.

Looks like this is going to go to a play in to determine the the final playoff spot in the west.

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
EC playoff picture is decided. WC Griz and Blazers control their fate, if both teams win their final game there will be a play in between the 2 teams. Spurs and Suns need help, they need wins and losses by other teams.

tiger0330

Legend
Sactown was eliminated from the playoffs making this the second longest streak of missing the playoffs for an NBA team. The record for most seasons for missing the playoffs is 15 by the LA Clipper team beginning in 1977. Kings have now missed the playoffs for 14 seasons.

Vlade said if he wasn't winning he would quit, I'd say after this season he's not winning but I doubt if he quits, I think Ranadive has to fire him. Buddy Hield the key piece in the Cuz trade has been demoted to the bench, which is not a good sign for them to snap this playoff drought.
Interesting article I read that said because of the financial havoc that covid-19 is wreaking on team finances, teams are going to be reluctant to fire guys that have guaranteed contracts to replace them with guys that they have to pay just as much. Divac and Walton have contracts extending to 2023 so they probably won't be fired, the article speculated the Kings might hire others to assist that brain trust of Divac/Joe Dumas but I see cost cutting in the picture, maybe Peja goes and they don't replace him and any contracts expiring this season don't get picked up.

Interesting article I read that said because of the financial havoc that covid-19 is wreaking on team finances, teams are going to be reluctant to fire guys that have guaranteed contracts to replace them with guys that they have to pay just as much. Divac and Walton have contracts extending to 2023 so they probably won't be fired, the article speculated the Kings might hire others to assist that brain trust of Divac/Joe Dumas but I see cost cutting in the picture, maybe Peja goes and they don't replace him and any contracts expiring this season don't get picked up.

Meanwhile, Dolan is on a spending spree in the worst COVID affected city in the country. Hmm.

tiger0330

Legend
Meanwhile, Dolan is on a spending spree in the worst COVID affected city in the country. Hmm.
When you have the most highly valued franchise in the game you can afford to ignore conventional wisdom that small market teams like Sactown can’t, at least for a while.

Manhattan looks to be in for a crash landing if this pandemic continues, retail and the restaurant industry already in a crisis with many flagship stores closing, dept stores in bankruptcy, many of them probably not returning even if the pandemic lifts. Knicks fans returning will be a telling sign, if the diehards that came out to fill MSG to capacity crowds don’t return despite all the losing that might spell the end of Dolans free spending ways to make the Knicks a winner.

tiger0330

Legend
Divac was true to his word, walking away from a contract that ended in 2023.Peja probably follows since he was Divacs guy amd he only committed to staying for the transition. Ranadive installed Dumars as the interim GM but I think that interim title might become a permanent one.

Easy to say this in retrospect, but Divac drafting Marvin Bagley over Luka Doncic and Trae Young was maybe his most regrettable move.

tiger0330

Legend
Just reading the inside story on Divac resigning. Seems Ranadive wanted to install a more collaborative relationship between Divac and Dumars giving more input to Dumars in front office decisions but Vlade objected to that. He is reportedly getting paid through the end of his contract.

He leaves the team in disarray so I’d expect they set a new record for futility and break the Clips record of 15 straight seasons without a playoff appearance.

This is only a rumor with no clear substance yet, but just read online that Nets will be pursuing Greg Popovich. I?d watch the hell out of Popovich coaching in Brooklyn with KD and Kyrie.

tiger0330

Legend
Glad we wrapped up Thibs early. I heard Griffin might be parting ways with Gentry, another guy to watch is D’Antoni if the Rox don’t make it to the second round.

Donovan Mitchell hangs 57 and loses to Denver. Toronto handles Brooklyn easily. Dallas and Clippers should be a fun series. KP gets his 1st playoff game tonight.

mafra

Legend
From the town I was born in... go DM. Didn?t Phil say there?s more to hoops than being able to run and jump (as he proceeds to draft a kid who can?t dribble or shoot, important b-ball skills).