Page 107 of 109 FirstFirst ... 577787101102103104105106107108109 LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 1628
    Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by tiger0330 View Post
    The Mavs defensive rating is 12 pts worse when KP is on the floor but that’s clearly a result of the knee surgeries affecting his lateral mobility and I’ve noticed he labors getting back in transition, his contract and his defensive problems are big enough concerns that he no longer is considered the “untouchable” piece to put around Luka but to me the best option is not to go off half ****ed and try to trade him, Mavs are better off having patience and seeing if his mobility comes around with more playing time before giving up on their Euro duo.
    You mean the same patience the Knicks could've shown with DSJ, especially since we traded for him in the deal? You mean playing a young kid about 15-20min/gm like The Pistons are currently doing instead of trading for D-Rose(who has been solid but knees could betray him any day). Dollars to Donuts our record is the exact same had we not traded for Rose

Remember all the crying last yr how #kporzee was playing and DSJ was collecting DNPs or trying to play with 7 Guards on the team? Well who's not playing now while another player may end up becoming The Pistons full time starter

And yes he can do more than Dunk. He's already made 9 3s this month, a few multi stl/blk gms, shot 40% or better in over half of them, 5ast or more in about half of them

Veteran

Not to be a jerk, but DSJ scored 17 against the Kings, who we just saw are an all-time bad defensive team and somehow, Pistons actually lost that game, ending Kings’ 9 game losing streak.

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by htr10 View Post
    Not to be a jerk, but DSJ scored 17 against the Kings, who we just saw are an all-time bad defensive team and somehow, Pistons actually lost that game, ending Kings’ 9 game losing streak.
    You're not being a jerk, you're giving your point of view. I know you were never a fan of his...I wasn't a fan of many players on our team past couple yrs but when it came to development and opportunity for young players I thought everyone deserved a fair shake to prove their worth

I chose not to highlight his pt total nor just this game tonight, instead other areas to see if anything seems like it was translating to a legit NBA prospect. I was countering Tig's point about PATIENCE. I mean it's not like #kporzee hasn't had his fair share of opportunities himself

Marc Spears is even reporting his days may be numbered in Dallas and rumblings again about him and his brother being "high maintenance"(cancers). Must be something if Spears is talking about it, he's a well respected journalist who doesn't reach for stories.

All I'm saying is we should've been more supportive of the asset acquired in the trade

As far as that game...two bad teams playing each other, someone had to win. There's a reason Derrick Rose wanted out of there, he wasn't helping them win either and he had Blake in the rotation
    Last edited by Broadway; Feb 27, 2021 at 03:29.

Could this be a fit?

Buddy Hield popped off for 30 points, two rebounds, seven assists, eight triples and just one turnover across 39 minutes in Sunday's loss to the Hornets.
    Hield has been mired in a season-long shooting funk, but he was feeling himself in this one, going 10-of-17 from the field and 2-of-3 from the stripe. He also became the fastest player in NBA history to record 1,000 triples — accomplishing that feat in just 350 career games. Hield did tweak his right ankle late in the game, which required him to sit out a possession, but he did get back in there for the final few plays.

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by mafra View Post
    Could this be a fit?

Buddy Hield popped off for 30 points, two rebounds, seven assists, eight triples and just one turnover across 39 minutes in Sunday's loss to the Hornets.
    Hield has been mired in a season-long shooting funk, but he was feeling himself in this one, going 10-of-17 from the field and 2-of-3 from the stripe. He also became the fastest player in NBA history to record 1,000 triples — accomplishing that feat in just 350 career games. Hield did tweak his right ankle late in the game, which required him to sit out a possession, but he did get back in there for the final few plays.
    Naw .. Hield and his team loss the game.
    We will stick with RJ, Quickley, and Burks at that position.

Fastest to 1K made 3s in NBA history. Not saying he’s Curry, but the dude can shoot the 3 and would fit in well with the group we have. I watch a bunch of SAC games, and he brings passion most nights.

I wouldn’t give up a ton for him, but a package of Knox and 1 1st or something wouldn’t be outlandish.

Just seems like a good mix of (1) lower cost, (2) would be what we need (shooting/scoring), and (3) still has upside.

Something tells me, if you put Buddy under the lights of MsG... man... imagine IQ and Buddy and RJ and Randle and MRob !!!

12th man

Could this be a fit?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiyaman View Post
    Naw .. Hield and his team loss the game.
    We will stick with RJ, Quickley, and Burks at that position.
    Fastest to 1K made 3s in NBA history. Not saying he’s Curry, but the dude can shoot the 3 and would fit in well with the group we have. I watch a bunch of SAC games, and he brings passion most nights.

I wouldn’t give up a ton for him, but a package of Knox and 1 1st or something wouldn’t be outlandish.

Just seems like a good mix of (1) lower cost, (2) would be what we need (shooting/scoring), and (3) still has upside.

Something tells me, if you put Buddy under the lights of MsG... man... imagine IQ and Buddy and RJ and Randle and MRob !!!
    Look at Utah adding Bogdonavich, he seems to have opened up the whole floor for all the other Jazz players where they’re shooting lights out from deep. Hield may do the same for the Knicks, he’s a career 40% 3 pt shooter, I’d trade a first Knox, Nits or Rivers for Hield.

Buddy Hield (right ankle sprain) is questionable to play on Thursday against the Trail Blazers.

Hield played a full 42 minutes on Wednesday through the injury and had one of the best games of his season, scoring 29 points with seven made 3-pointers, six rebounds, six assists, and no turnovers. There's a chance Sacramento takes things easy and rests Hield for the final game before the All-Star break, but it's clear he's OK enough to perform at a high level.

I’m on the Buddy train. Knox and a first!

12th man

O.K. Trade Burks and a 2nd round for Hield .. Do u think Sac will do that ???

12th man

Watching the Heats vs Pelicans game .. Kenny Smith said it several times tonight, "There's no PG in the new NBA!" .... The Pelicans had Bledsoe Lonzo and Hart in the same line-up, while Ingram waist clock dribbling lol. The Heat had Dragic Nunn and Butler in the same lineup looking for Herro .. Pelicans Loss again !!!

Buddy was 5-12 from downtown in POR

Rose
    Buddy (or Evan Fournier)
    RJ
    Randle
    Robinson

I mean, Beal would be ideal and would possibly be the bait on the lure to reel in Kawhi?

Kawhi/Beal/Randle
    Last edited by mafra; Mar 05, 2021 at 02:23.

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by Kiyaman View Post
    O.K. Trade Burks and a 2nd round for Hield .. Do u think Sac will do that ???
    I suggested Rivers, Nits or Knox without thinking about the guys value. Burks and a second wouldn't get it done either. I think the King's would be looking for a lot more for him like a first and
    a proven young player.

It sounds more and more that they are zeroing in on Oladipo. Perry has a crush on him, and he’s cheapest option bc he’s an impending free agent. He wants to go to MiA tho and doesn’t help us spread the floor.

I want shooting!

Veteran

Blake Griffin signs with Nets.

12th man

Quote Originally Posted by htr10 View Post
    Blake Griffin signs with Nets.
    The Nets this years Lakers or Warriors, vets on buyouts signing min contracts to chase a ring. Good signing for the Nets, BG can still be an impact player.